De La Rose signs

Trizzak

Nice to see him take less than the QO which should help the cap a bit.  He has to go through waivers next year and I don't think they'll want to chance it so he'll likely be on the Montreal roster in some capacity.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Nice to see him take less than the QO which should help the cap a bit.  He has to go through waivers next year and I don't think they'll want to chance it so he'll likely be on the Montreal roster in some capacity.

Yes...although if he ends up riding the pine, which he could well do, then the perspective shifts to "the Habs have ruined his development and are lowering his asset value to zero."

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Just another AHL bust is what I heard, waste of contract!;)

They haven't exactly handled him particularly well so far.  Until late this past season, they would bring him up as soon as he started to produce and then he'd go into a fourth line role in Montreal and not score.  He'd follow that up by scuffling as soon as he went back down.  I like that they left him alone for the final couple of months with the IceCaps and he responded with his best play over three AHL seasons.  If he doesn't have much of an impact in 2017-18 though, the bust label probably will apply.

48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They haven't exactly handled him particularly well so far.  Until late this past season, they would bring him up as soon as he started to produce and then he'd go into a fourth line role in Montreal and not score.  He'd follow that up by scuffling as soon as he went back down.  I like that they left him alone for the final couple of months with the IceCaps and he responded with his best play over three AHL seasons.  If he doesn't have much of an impact in 2017-18 though, the bust label probably will apply.

He forgot his :sarcasm_on: sign. 

Don is just defending Lefebvre again.

No impact players developed in 5 years

1 playoff appearance in 5 years

Tell me again how this can get worse.....  my grandma could coach the team and get similar results, and she doesn't know a thing about hockey. 

If Lefebvre is fired tomorrow, its almost impossible for a new coach to get worse results. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Don is just defending Lefebvre again.

No impact players developed in 5 years

1 playoff appearance in 5 years

Tell me again how this can get worse.....  my grandma could coach the team and get similar results, and she doesn't know a thing about hockey. 

If Lefebvre is fired tomorrow, its almost impossible for a new coach to get worse results. 

Oh! Now it is no "impact' players...hahaha

2 hours ago, DON said:

Oh! Now it is no "impact' players...hahaha

Yeah, a top 6 fwd, a top 4 D.... none in 5 years. 

In fact the current habs team doesn't have a single player who has a guaranteed roster spot developped by Lefebvre... not one. 

I really don't understand this need to blindly defend management no matter what that you show.  At least with Therrien and Bergevin you can point to their win/loss record.  With Lefebvre there is nothing... his win/loss record is shit, and his list of players developed doesn't include a single major success. The results literally can't get worse. 

I think part of the problem lies with Bergevin as much as Lefevre. I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the old teams, but it seems to me they had full time AHL players to lead the way for the youngsters. Now the leaders on the team are a revolving door of prospects and call ups. 

45 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think part of the problem lies with Bergevin as much as Lefevre. I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the old teams, but it seems to me they had full time AHL players to lead the way for the youngsters. Now the leaders on the team are a revolving door of prospects and call ups. 

Yes, even Bowman cant win without a good roster. But obviously seems that Bergevin couldn't give a rats ass if AHL team wins or makes playoffs.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I really don't understand this need to blindly defend management no matter what that you show.  At least with Therrien and Bergevin you can point to their win/loss record.  With Lefebvre there is nothing... his win/loss record is shit, and his list of players developed doesn't include a single major success. The results literally can't get worse. 

And who signs AHL players and fills out roster? Lefebvre? You seem to of given up on "no" prospects developed and now is "no major success". Weak and getting weaker argument.

I don't defend blindly, just don't agree with your posts and same for others who bitch about stuff but cant actually back it up with anything that makes sense and don't seem to know what they are actually whining about. At least dlbalr will state specifically how he feels Lefebvre has made some "questionable" lineup choices (to which I am not sure Lefebvre isn't, for the most part, simply following orders from Habs brass). Everyone else seems to just rant for sake of ranting in general.

But am curious to see if being in Quebec and with a different GM will mean the team will be given more of a chance to win more?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yes, even Bowman cant win without a good roster. But obviously seems that Bergevin couldn't give a rats ass if AHL team wins or makes playoffs.

And who signs AHL players and fills out roster? Lefebvre? You seem to of given up on "no" prospects developed and now is "no major success". Weak and getting weaker argument.

I don't defend blindly, just don't agree with your posts and same for others who bitch about stuff but cant actually back it up with anything that makes sense and don't seem to know what they are actually whining about. At least dlbalr will state specifically how he feels Lefebvre has made some "questionable" lineup choices (to which I am not sure Lefebvre isn't, for the most part, simply following orders from Habs brass). Everyone else seems to just rant for sake of ranting in general.

But am curious to see if being in Quebec and with a different GM will mean the team will be given more of a chance to win more?

So according to you, it was never MT's fault because MB didn't give him decent players.  It isn't Lefebve's fault because MB doesn't care about the minor league team.  And of course it's not MB'a fault, because his job is so hard you know.  

But yeah, it's the fault of the fans who bitch too much that a once proud franchise is disfunctional, and has been losing for 25 years and are watching basically a repeat of the Ballard and Brian Burke leafs style management.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So according to you, it was never MT's fault because MB didn't give him decent players.  It isn't Lefebve's fault because MB doesn't care about the minor league team.  And of course it's not MB'a fault, because his job is so hard you know.  

But yeah, it's the fault of the fans who bitch too much that a once proud franchise is disfunctional, and has been losing for 25 years and are watching basically a repeat of the Ballard and Brian Burke leafs style management.

Brilliant stuff as ever, you are consistent I will give you that..

DON, you can either argue that MB's drafting has been bad, or that Lefebvre has been bad at developing the players we do draft. There's no third option. The Canadiens are, objectively, one of the worst teams in hockey at bringing talent up through the pipeline. So either interpretation consigns you to critiquing someone - either Lefbvre for bad development, or MB/Timmins for crappy drafting.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

DON, you can either argue that MB's drafting has been bad, or that Lefebvre has been bad at developing the players we do draft. There's no third option. The Canadiens are, objectively, one of the worst teams in hockey at bringing talent up through the pipeline. So either interpretation consigns you to critiquing someone - either Lefbvre for bad development, or MB/Timmins for crappy drafting.

No, it's just us over-demanding fans that are the problem.   We should just be satisfied that we only missed the playoffs one year during the  MB era.  In today's NHL making the playoffs is good enough and we should be happy with that.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gee thanks for telling me what's allowed, but I will go with door #3 thanks and you can keep your cynical and pessimistic blinders on if it makes you feel better.:scared:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Gee thanks for telling me what's allowed, but I will go with door #3 thanks and you can keep your cynical and pessimistic blinders on if it makes you feel better.:scared:

It's not about "what's allowed" by me, but what's allowed by basic structures of logical argument. Unless you want to maintain that the Habs have done a great job with drafting and development under Bergevin - in spite of all the apparent evidence to the contrary - you are required by basic structures of logical argumentation to criticize either Lefebvre or MB/Timmins.

BUT we can always enter the land of "Alternative Facts," I suppose.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's not about "what's allowed" by me, but what's allowed by basic structures of logical argument. Unless you want to maintain that the Habs have done a great job with drafting and development under Bergevin - in spite of all the apparent evidence to the contrary - you are required by basic structures of logical argumentation to criticize either Lefebvre or MB/Timmins.

BUT we can always enter the land of "Alternative Facts," I suppose.

Who said they have done a 'great' job? Not I. I specifically said "average to maybe even above average". 

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Who said they have done a 'great' job? Not I. I specifically said "average to maybe even above average". 

OK. If your position is that the Habs are an above average developmental organization, then obviously no one warrants serious criticism. I don't know how one sustains that position, but I'll leave that to the board.

• Upvote 1

I think I saw a graphic recently which places Montreal firmly at the bottom in terms of players brought through the system who have made the NHL based on the last years.  I want to find that.

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, Colin said:

I think I saw a graphic recently which places Montreal firmly at the bottom in terms of players brought through the system who have made the NHL based on the last years.  I want to find that.

I posted a couple charts a while ago too