If you think her reproductive rights are inconsequent, you're wrong

You're wrong fighting Jihad, your blind faith in God

Your religions are all flawed,

You're wrong about drug use, when its not abuse

I hope you never reproduce

You're getting high on the downlow

A victim of Cointelpro

You're wrong and will probably never know

Interesting - is that song allowed to play in Canada? Seems to me that it's full of pretty hateful speech.

They aren't popular enough to play on the radio. I wouldn't call anything other than the comment on Ann Coulter hate speech. Telling someone they're wrong about something is still allowed.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36191

The story: Ann Coulter was set to make a speech at University of Ottawa but before she spoke she was sent a letter informing her of Canada's policies regarding hate speech. She's been a in a towering rage since then, bashing Canada, criticizing our health care system and saying that Canadian hospitals kill patients that are in awful shape to get them of their hands.

That letter is an article she just wrote.

The article contains plenty of offensive remarks.

*'But, reportedly, a Canadian crowd hasn't been this excited since they opened a new Tim Hortons. Local reporters couldn't make out what the crowd was chanting, but it was something about "Molson" and a "sled dog."'

*'At the risk of violating anyone's positive space, what happened to Canada? How did the country that gave us Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Martin Short, Dan Aykroyd and Catherine O'Hara suddenly become a bunch of whining crybabies?'

*'While it was a relief to know that it is still permissible in Canada to promote hatred against unidentifiable groups, upon reading Francois' letter, I suddenly realized that I had just been the victim of a hate crime! And it was committed by Francois A. Houle (French for "Frank A. Hole").'

*sigh*

Some people...

I'm not defending Ann Coulter (like a number of other conservative voices, I agree with most of their politics but can't stand the people themselves and how they represent their values), but I find it pretty ridiculous that she's getting attacked for those comments, when if they had been made by, say, a character on South Park, people would just find them amusing.

P.S. Did you see any of the video of the protests? Some of those people were ridiculous - you could just see the hatred in their eyes as they spoke. Hate speech anyone? :P

Edited by Fanpuck33

I'm not defending Ann Coulter (like a number of other conservative voices, I agree with most of their politics but can't stand the people themselves and how they represent their values), but I find it pretty ridiculous that she's getting attacked for those comments, when if they had been made by, say, a character on South Park, people would just find them amusing.

P.S. Did you see any of the video of the protests? Some of those people were ridiculous - you could just see the hatred in their eyes as they spoke. Hate speech anyone? :P

The difference though is that when its said on a show like South Park its with humour intended. Is it still offensive, of course, but the overall intention isn't necessarily to offend. Coulter thrives on conflict and tension, she makes those comments because it helps advance her profile and get her media attention. it is however a testament to our society that people like her are given the opportunity to speak, even if we dont like what she is saying, she has the right to say it.

I can think of a few countries where this right is not granted to its citizens.

The difference though is that when its said on a show like South Park its with humour intended. Is it still offensive, of course, but the overall intention isn't necessarily to offend. Coulter thrives on conflict and tension, she makes those comments because it helps advance her profile and get her media attention. it is however a testament to our society that people like her are given the opportunity to speak, even if we dont like what she is saying, she has the right to say it.

I can think of a few countries where this right is not granted to its citizens.

Most of her schtick is based on sarcasm and dark humor, it's her method of getting her point across. She's just like South Park, in my opinion - both would be nothing if not for their offensive nature. I honestly don't think anything she says is any worse than anything said on South Park, Family Guy, Keith Olberman, Al Franken, etc. I don't like any of them, but it seems like conservative "voices" just take more crap than everyone else, even though they're no worse than comparable liberals. Of course, it shouldn't surprised me that liberals are simply better at whining. :lol:

You (that's a general "you," not pointed directly to Noah) have to admit, it would be quite interesting to see if other "hateful" speakers received similar letters and public reaction.

Edited by Fanpuck33

They aren't popular enough to play on the radio. I wouldn't call anything other than the comment on Ann Coulter hate speech. Telling someone they're wrong about something is still allowed.

They're definitely popular enough, they just don't allow it.

They keep denying requests from MTV, VH1 etc. to play their videos as well. They feel like it's just exploitation and they don't need any more exposure although they've lightened up with interviews lately. I think they had a song in an NHL game too a few years ago. Punk legends.

<3 NOFX. Not so much now but definitely in high school. The Decline is still one of my favourite albums. It's just one 18 minute song.

They're definitely popular enough, they just don't allow it.

They keep denying requests from MTV, VH1 etc. to play their videos as well. They feel like it's just exploitation and they don't need any more exposure although they've lightened up with interviews lately. I think they had a song in an NHL game too a few years ago. Punk legends.

<3 NOFX. Not so much now but definitely in high school. The Decline is still one of my favourite albums. It's just one 18 minute song.

Completly agreed.

Most of her schtick is based on sarcasm and dark humor, it's her method of getting her point across. She's just like South Park, in my opinion - both would be nothing if not for their offensive nature. I honestly don't think anything she says is any worse than anything said on South Park, Family Guy, Keith Olberman, Al Franken, etc. I don't like any of them, but it seems like conservative "voices" just take more crap than everyone else, even though they're no worse than comparable liberals. Of course, it shouldn't surprised me that liberals are simply better at whining. :lol:

You (that's a general "you," not pointed directly to Noah) have to admit, it would be quite interesting to see if other "hateful" speakers received similar letters and public reaction.

I hear you, listen I lump Coulter in the same category as people on the left like Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein. They're all sensationalists only in it to better promote themselves and line up that next lucrative book deal, speaking engagement, tv appearance, etc.

These people are an insult to REAL academics who try to legitimately further global discourse on difficult issues.

I hear you, listen I lump Coulter in the same category as people on the left like Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein. They're all sensationalists only in it to better promote themselves and line up that next lucrative book deal, speaking engagement, tv appearance, etc.

These people are an insult to REAL academics who try to legitimately further global discourse on difficult issues.

I cannot comment on Coulter in case someone of significance reads this. I would end up in hot water. LOL! Rather, I decide to take her as nothing more than a comedienne. The stuff that comes from her is amusing. I mean, she'll never headline the Montreal Comedy Fest, but she's at least consistently amusing in her "diatribes."

Reminds me of when Bill O'Reilly complained that people were attacking him for his sexist remarks (don't know what they were) but that nobody seemed to have a problem with Eminem saying he wanted to nail Sarah Palin in a song.

Eminem makes joke songs, South Park is a funny cartoon, Coulter & O'Reilly are actually taken seriously by lots of people. I'm not offended by anything Coulter said and I don't care if she hates Canada. But she's a grown woman writing an article for the public with no point other than to denigrate a country. The article profiles the entire country and makes fun of its culture. If this were a less popular journalist, she would probably be fired for writing such an immature article.

It isn't a case of a smart person choosing a bad way to represent her values. She's just not smart. This is the same woman who said all of this:

---"Hundreds of students in Canada’s capital protested Coulter’s planned speech there after she insulted another group of Canadian students, at the University of Western Ontario, on Monday night. “Take a camel,” if you don’t own a flying carpet, she told a 17-year-old Muslim girl at U.W.O. who had asked about flight restrictions following the terror attacks upon America. True to form, after the cancellation, Coulter insulted her hosts—most of whom had not protested her appearance. “The University of Ottawa is really easy to get into, isn’t it? I never get any trouble at the Ivy League schools. It’s always the bush league schools.”http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/03/ann-coulter-unwelcomed- guest.html://http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...med- guest.html

---"Jews need to be perfected"

---Calls John Edwards a faggot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvGFcMhr3QY...feature=related

---"Al Gore's a total fag"

---Racial profiling is okay/All terrorists are muslims/tons of other remarks about Arabs and Muslims [a million different sources]

---"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

---Coulter thinks Canadians fought in Vietnam

---Woman shouldn't vote

"I think [women] should be armed but should not vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it . . . it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 — except Goldwater in '64 — the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."

---"[Canada] better hope the USA doesn't just roll over one day and crush them"

---Top 10 Ann Coulter Quotes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbAFMrYNMtg&feature=fvw

This stuff is dark humor? It's unintentional humor.

You say you agree with most of her politics. What here do you agree with?

It's funny that South Park was one show brought up actually because this weeks episode pretty much related to this. People look into it and pull out different political messages or metaphors when they're not there. It's just a crude adult cartoon with fart jokes. To quote this week:

Politician: So you're suggesting the author just arbitrarily made fun of Sarah Jessica Parker for no reason?

Kyle: Yes

Politician: What would be the point?

Cartman: There is no point! It's just because Sarah Jessica Park is f*cking ugly!

It's like everyone pulling all kinds of stuff out of The Old Man and The Sea and Hemingway saying theres nothing to analyze, it's just about a man and the sea.

I'm not offended by anything Coulter said and I don't care if she hates Canada.

Take that as a compliment. ;)

This stuff is dark humor? It's unintentional humor.

You say you agree with most of her politics. What here do you agree with?

Yeah, and some of it is pretty clearly intended to be shockingly humorous. Do you really think that she doesn't believe that she should be allowed to vote, for example? Clearly she looked at statistics, saw that Republicans won the male vote all those years and instantly saw an amusing comment she could make. As for some of the other comments:

- About Jews being perfected. A perfect case of turning something non-offensive into something that was very offensive for shock value. If you think about it, Christians do see Jesus as both Jewish and "perfect." Jesus is part of the Trinity, so he is omniscient, omnipotent, etc. and he was also raised and practiced Judaism for much of his life. Thus, if you want to put it in a shocking way, one could say that Christianity is "perfected Judaism" since the religion began with a "perfect Jew." Do I think it would be a better place if everyone was Christian? I do. Casting out the extremism, such as people who bomb abortion clinics, and misguided notions about holy land such as the Crusades, I do believe it would make the world a better place. Religious intolerance would essentially be a thing of the past. Politics would be much simpler. I think we can all agree that many problems in this world have been caused by religious extremism, intolerance, etc. It would be nice if those things vanished. Since I grew up with Christian morals, I would prefer that everyone were Christian, as opposed to any other religion or atheism. That being said, I am totally against forcing any particular religion on anyone. I respect other religions and am not one of those people who thinks anyone who doesn't agree with me is going to hell. I can just understand the sentiment of someone wishing it could be that way. Do I consider myself at all perfect? Not even close. Do I consider myself a "perfected Jew?" I do not. Do I consider myself better than anyone else because I am a Christian? No. She was asked about her ideal country.

- Do I disagree with John Edwards' and Ale Gore's politics? Yes. Do I agree with going on TV and using gay slurs against them? Of course not.

- Do I agree with the way she goes about talking about racial profiling? No. Do I agree, to an extent, with racial profiling? I do. In terms of terrorism, the biggest threat to the United States comes from Islamic extremists. It would obviously be stupid to use full racial profiling and only cast suspicion toward Islamic/Middle Eastern people, but I think it would be negligent to cast an equal eye on all people. If 90% of people who have attempted to carry out acts of terror have been a certain kind of people, it makes sense statistically to be more suspicious of people who look like them. Same thing with the whole black vs. white thing. Let's say you're a cop and you see two people in a place where they probably shouldn't be. Other than skin color, they appear essentially identical. They split up and you can only follow one. Statistically speaking, it only makes sense to follow the black person. It's not racist, it's statistics. Is it fair to innocent minorities? No. Is it taken to extremes so that's its potential effectiveness is outweighed by the number of innocent people who are hassled because of it? Probably. Do people get caught up with racial profiling and ignore suspicious behavior from non-profiled people? I'm sure they do.

- Concerning the comment about Canadians in Vietnam, she does make it sound like Canada had a significant presence, but I believe they did send some troops as part of UN peacekeeping forces. In addition, they did aid the US with a lot of supply production and an estimated 30-40 thousand Canadians joined the US armed forces to fight during Vietnam.

It's funny that South Park was one show brought up actually because this weeks episode pretty much related to this. People look into it and pull out different political messages or metaphors when they're not there.

I wasn't trying to say they are making any sort of political statements, just that they use offensiveness and shock as a means to an end, just like Ann Coulter.

Was the site down for anyone else last night or was that just me?

It was down, though I don't know when it went down or came back up. (I know it was down from 9-10 PM at the very least). If anyone can expand the timeline (more accurate time of when it went down/came back online), please let me know as we do try and track this.

Yeah, and some of it is pretty clearly intended to be shockingly humorous. Do you really think that she doesn't believe that she should be allowed to vote, for example? Clearly she looked at statistics, saw that Republicans won the male vote all those years and instantly saw an amusing comment she could make. As for some of the other comments:

- About Jews being perfected. A perfect case of turning something non-offensive into something that was very offensive for shock value. If you think about it, Christians do see Jesus as both Jewish and "perfect." Jesus is part of the Trinity, so he is omniscient, omnipotent, etc. and he was also raised and practiced Judaism for much of his life. Thus, if you want to put it in a shocking way, one could say that Christianity is "perfected Judaism" since the religion began with a "perfect Jew." Do I think it would be a better place if everyone was Christian? I do. Casting out the extremism, such as people who bomb abortion clinics, and misguided notions about holy land such as the Crusades, I do believe it would make the world a better place. Religious intolerance would essentially be a thing of the past. Politics would be much simpler. I think we can all agree that many problems in this world have been caused by religious extremism, intolerance, etc. It would be nice if those things vanished. Since I grew up with Christian morals, I would prefer that everyone were Christian, as opposed to any other religion or atheism. That being said, I am totally against forcing any particular religion on anyone. I respect other religions and am not one of those people who thinks anyone who doesn't agree with me is going to hell. I can just understand the sentiment of someone wishing it could be that way. Do I consider myself at all perfect? Not even close. Do I consider myself a "perfected Jew?" I do not. Do I consider myself better than anyone else because I am a Christian? No. She was asked about her ideal country.

- Do I disagree with John Edwards' and Ale Gore's politics? Yes. Do I agree with going on TV and using gay slurs against them? Of course not.

- Do I agree with the way she goes about talking about racial profiling? No. Do I agree, to an extent, with racial profiling? I do. In terms of terrorism, the biggest threat to the United States comes from Islamic extremists. It would obviously be stupid to use full racial profiling and only cast suspicion toward Islamic/Middle Eastern people, but I think it would be negligent to cast an equal eye on all people. If 90% of people who have attempted to carry out acts of terror have been a certain kind of people, it makes sense statistically to be more suspicious of people who look like them. Same thing with the whole black vs. white thing. Let's say you're a cop and you see two people in a place where they probably shouldn't be. Other than skin color, they appear essentially identical. They split up and you can only follow one. Statistically speaking, it only makes sense to follow the black person. It's not racist, it's statistics. Is it fair to innocent minorities? No. Is it taken to extremes so that's its potential effectiveness is outweighed by the number of innocent people who are hassled because of it? Probably. Do people get caught up with racial profiling and ignore suspicious behavior from non-profiled people? I'm sure they do.

- Concerning the comment about Canadians in Vietnam, she does make it sound like Canada had a significant presence, but I believe they did send some troops as part of UN peacekeeping forces. In addition, they did aid the US with a lot of supply production and an estimated 30-40 thousand Canadians joined the US armed forces to fight during Vietnam.

I wasn't trying to say they are making any sort of political statements, just that they use offensiveness and shock as a means to an end, just like Ann Coulter.

lol. No it doesn't make sense. Black guys run faster than white guys !!!! lol

Fanpuck, I like that she isn't politically correct... You can defend some of her views by arguing that she's saying reasonable things in politically incorrect ways. I understand what she meant about the Jews thing (but I wouldn't give the same explanation as you did) but it's still a stupid thing to say. Had she laid it out like you did, nobody would have been offended. Using the wording "Jews need to be perfected" is a call for attention. Even calling straight people fags is forgivable to me. Some of her comments, however, just look like intolerance.

She is a racist. Telling a Muslim girl to take a camel instead of a plane, or to ride her magic carpet is not dark humour, it's racism (or prejudice, if you think racism can only be against blacks and whites). Regularly calling Arabs "camel jockeys" and other names is racism. So knowing that she's prejudiced/racist, her questionable comments on Jews, women and gays don't look so good, do they?

And yes, I think she honestly doesn't want women to vote. She may not agree with banning women from voting, but she probably really does think that the world would be a better place if women didn't vote.

lol. No it doesn't make sense. Black guys run faster than white guys !!!! lol

:clap::lol:

A Chatroulette one by John Lajoie

Definitely NSFW.