Nov. 11: Flames @ Habs - The Remembrance of Wins Past edition

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good for you, my friend. Enjoy. Me and the missus are double/triple vaxxed but not quite ready to strike out. We had a huge trip to London ruined by Covid…

Couldn’t believe they missed on that huge PP chance at the end there. 

Is it just me, or has Wideman quietly made the team as a bottom-6 guy? 

he is a better version of Mete, one that can generate offense

Pezzetta makes Brooks, Paquette and Belzile expendable. He brings something different to the lineup for 6 to 9 minutes

He will be called on penalties, may be once a game. But he plays better than the alternatives

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Pezzetta makes Brooks, Paquette and Belzile expendable. He brings something different to the lineup for 6 to 9 minutes

He will be called on penalties, may be once a game. But he plays better than the alternatives

6-9 minutes a game and a penalty per game equals a 'cannot trust under any circumstances' type of player.  That makes him more of a liability than any of the other alternatives and it's not as if he does anything to offset the dumb penalties.

I can see why he was needed as the team has been totally bereft of energy before he came up and he provides a bit of that. But there is a price to those stupid penalties and if he doesn't curb that, it won't be a long NHL career.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Even Lebrun is saying his penalties were both stupid... Tuesday and Tonight.

He got penalized, but the team rallied to kill then because they seem to appreciate what he brings. I still like him better than the alternatives

Boston game coming up :rolleyes:

After two periods the biggest story for me is the brutal reffing.  Flames are being given an awfully long leash on everything from obstruction to the vilified cross check that I was under impression was being called heavily? Not against the Flames this game, brutal reffing, we should not be noticing them so much.

I hope Allen is OK from that hit he took.  Suzuki took a nasty cross check from behind at end of period, could have easily been injured on such a play, should have been called.

I like pissed off Toff as he usually makes opponents pay with a goal.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Even Lebrun is saying his penalties were both stupid... Tuesday and Tonight.

And before:

We'll disagree on Pezzetta for now

23 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I know ... I watched them score, and I'm thinking, "now that is a Gallagher goal!"

It’s about friggin time!! He’s been due.

pezatta on the other hand. What a dumbass player. This team really can’t afford stupid penalties.

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Call on Pezetta tonight was weak sauce, he took a hard cross check in slot right before he gave a relatively light reply.  Given they are supposed to be calling all those net front cross check it at least should have been coincidental penalties.

Even when fourth  line was “stacked” with multi millionaires in Armia and Lehks they didn’t score so I don’t mind seeing someone push the tempo and bring some hits, so long as they are not a liability and ideally can kill penalties.

Not sure why Belzille still playing though, really hasn’t done anything.

Poehling had a shift or two with decent players, still didn’t see him do anything worth noting.

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm at the point where I'm ready to live life again.  Everything in life has risks... so all I can do is take the proper precautions, Vax, mask, wash hands, etc... and still live life at this point.  18 months has been enough of lockdown.

Same for us ... except that I have a mother-in-law in her 90s, so we are somewhat concerned about getting her sick, even if she has also been fully vaccinated.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Same for us ... except that I have a mother-in-law in her 90s, so we are somewhat concerned about getting her sick, even if she has also been fully vaccinated.

Cripes…my wife isn’t even really willing to go see “Dune,” let alone go travelling. Everyone has a different comfort zone in this stinking pandemic.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm going to Italy for 10 days in December.  Thank God, 10 days where I won't watch this horrible team. 

I need to visit the San Siro before they tear the place down.

I really regret deciding to skip the region during my 2 1/2 week trip to Italy in 2018. Should have done the original 3 week plan.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I really regret deciding to skip the region during my 2 1/2 week trip to Italy in 2018. Should have done the original 3 week plan.

Yeah i've been through rome, tuscany,  as well as the southern parts of the country and plenty of time where my family is from in Sicily, but this is my first time in Milan.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Cripes…my wife isn’t even really willing to go see “Dune,” let alone go travelling. Everyone has a different comfort zone in this stinking pandemic.

We haven’t gone out either - I’ve seen every Bond film since the spy who loves me at the theatre.

started a new job though, and will need to travel to Victoria and Winnipeg over that next couple of weeks, after not being on a plane since Feb 2020.

I like the confidence Kulak showed on that rush. Confident Kulak is an asset.

Gallagher looking a lot more like his old self. Maybe his groin is finally healed up? One can hope.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We haven’t gone out either - I’ve seen every Bond film since the spy who loves me at the theatre.

started a new job though, and will need to travel to Victoria and Winnipeg over that next couple of weeks, after not being on a plane since Feb 2020.

I gave up on “Die,” but will see Dune by hook or by crook in theatres.

Interestingly I started a new job recently myself. No travel element, though.

My last time outside of my local area was going to a Habs game against Carolina right before everything hit. 

I went to the theatre for Shang-chi and for Eternals

Also went to a couple of Canada Soccer World Cup Qualifying games at BMO Field. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Yeah i've been through rome, tuscany,  as well as the southern parts of the country and plenty of time where my family is from in Sicily, but this is my first time in Milan.

I stayed at soent 4 nights each in Rome, Venice, and Cinque Terre, and three  nights each in Siena and Lucca.  Ended up dropping Milan and Lake Como from the original plan.