Ben traded to Florida

Habsfan89

1 hour ago, huzer said:

Anyone thing there will be anything else? I kind of have a "done" feeling, as far as deadline goes. I don't see them adding much more in terms of 2022 draft picks. 

I have Hoffman, Kulak and Lehkonen on my to-trade list, fingers crossed for high returns 🤞

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have Hoffman, Kulak and Lehkonen on my to-trade list, fingers crossed for high returns 🤞

I would be very surprised if Hoffman is traded, somewhat surprised if Lehkonen is traded as the price will be steep and Kulak could go either way.  But there are always surprises at the trade deadline. 

33 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would be very surprised if Hoffman is traded, somewhat surprised if Lehkonen is traded as the price will be steep and Kulak could go either way.  But there are always surprises at the trade deadline. 

I am not very confident any of these three players will be traded; but out of what is left of the NHL roster, these are the three I hope they trade if they can get high return(s)

Its funny because when the Habs 1st got him I didnt think much of him.  Numerous times he was used as a post with pucks being banked in off him.  However, he certainly improved during his time with the Habs.  

I wonder if Hughes discussed a new contract with Chiarot before he moved him?  i.e. just to see how much money he would want and length of contract.  If his ask is reasonable it would be a decent idea to rent him out for the playoffs and then re-sign him in the off season.  

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

All unlikely. But, all for different reasons.

36 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I wonder if Hughes discussed a new contract with Chiarot before he moved him?  i.e. just to see how much money he would want and length of contract.  If his ask is reasonable it would be a decent idea to rent him out for the playoffs and then re-sign him in the off season. 

It sounds like there were talks before the season when Bergevin was the GM.  I don't think there were any since Hughes took over as by that point, it was obvious that he was going to be one of their top trade chips.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It sounds like there were talks before the season when Bergevin was the GM.  I don't think there were any since Hughes took over as by that point, it was obvious that he was going to be one of their top trade chips.

Yep, it was clear he'd be traded this year, but that doesn't mean they cant resign him next year if he really likes Montreal and wants to stay and has a reasonable ask for his next contract.  ex:  when the Blues were rebuilding they shipped out Tkachuk for 2 years in a row and got great returns on him each time.  

12 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yep, it was clear he'd be traded this year, but that doesn't mean they cant resign him next year if he really likes Montreal and wants to stay and has a reasonable ask for his next contract.  ex:  when the Blues were rebuilding they shipped out Tkachuk for 2 years in a row and got great returns on him each time.  

First of all, Chiarot gave us his best years and did a very fine job. He left with a great amount of class. All respect to him. But I have no interest in locking him up until he’s 34 or whatever. It’s not the money so much as the term for a 30-year-old guy who isn’t the greatest skater on earth to begin with.

If FLA goes on a deep run, as seems likely, they will probably want him back and he will want to stay where he has a real shot at a Cup. If they don’t, then he’ll probably hit the market, and I don’t think we should be banging down his door.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

First of all, Chiarot gave us his best years and did a very fine job. He left with a great amount of class. All respect to him. But I have no interest in locking him up until he’s 34 or whatever. It’s not the money so much as the term for a 30-year-old guy who isn’t the greatest skater on earth to begin with.

If FLA goes on a deep run, as seems likely, they will probably want him back and he will want to stay where he has a real shot at a Cup. If they don’t, then he’ll probably hit the market, and I don’t think we should be banging down his door.

I agree.

watching Radulov yesterday, I wondered how many fans would give him that contract now.

He was great at his peak, but he is not that player anymore

image.png

• Like 1