Sean Monahan signed to 1yr $1.985M

alfredoh2009

6 hours ago, DON said:

Kevin didn't like it, no. But we don't know how the Habs plan to utilize Monahan, or what other players they expect to be able to move before the beginning of the season, so I'm not worried about Monahan blocking young centres from playing.

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Kevin didn't like it, no. But we don't know how the Habs plan to utilize Monahan, or what other players they expect to be able to move before the beginning of the season, so I'm not worried about Monahan blocking young centres from playing.

Agree ... also don't see Dvorak, or perhaps even Evans, being around in a couple of years and no young centres ready for NHL IMO.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yeah i think every writer but one liked the move.  

The old "4 out of 5 Dentists agree"

The weird one was the last one, where it says one downside is Monahan blocking a young player and then ending up injured.

Wait.... if hes injured, wouldnt the young player no longer be blocked 

He cant both block a player and be injured, its one or the other (if any)

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

The weird one was the last one, where it says one downside is Monahan blocking a young player and then ending up injured.

Wait.... if hes injured, wouldnt the young player no longer be blocked 

He cant both block a player and be injured, its one or the other (if any)

I agree ... I suppose he potentially could block Beck or Mesar if they have an outstanding training camp but get sent back to the OHL because there is no room ... personally I see both back in junior regardless of whether or not Monahan had signed.

37 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I agree ... I suppose he potentially could block Beck or Mesar if they have an outstanding training camp but get sent back to the OHL because there is no room ... personally I see both back in junior regardless of whether or not Monahan had signed.

Beck and Mesar are not ready.

Beck struggled post trade and Mesar didnt put together a complete season either.  Both should go to juniors.

In fact none of our centre prospects is NHL ready.  

So Im not sure who he would be blocking in any event.

RHP earned a spot.

Maybe its monahan on the wing and blocking ylonen or someone.  But this move also doesnt mean that Hughes is done.  I think hes gonna try and clear some forwards too.  (Anderson, Dvorak, hoffman, armia are guys who could be traded depending on offers)

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Beck and Mesar are not ready.

Beck struggled post trade and Mesar didnt put together a complete season either.  Both should go to juniors.

In fact none of our centre prospects is NHL ready. 

I agreed ... they need another year, at least.