GAME#33 Habs vs Hawks 8:30pm Friday Dec 22 2023

DON

Struble seems to make alot of smart or confident plays, i never thought he would be an NHLer.

He seems very strong on his skates for a rookie, bit of maturing in the NCAA hasnt hurt any it seems.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Can Hughes trade Allen and Primeau?  That was a great save by Struble.  

I can't see that. Dobes is definitely not an NHL goalie at this point, and Kaskisuo is a huge unknown.

Unless, of course, he decides to play Struble in net! 😂

I hate the way the linesmen broke up that fight.  One jumped in and tied up Struble, but the other didnt get Entwhistle.  As a result Entwhistle got to throw free shots on Struble who was tied up.

Either you both jump in or neither.  Just one linesman going in puts a player in danger of taking an unprotected punch to the face and could lead to serious injury 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I hate the way the linesmen broke up that fight.  One jumped in and tied up Struble, but the other didnt get Entwhistle.  As a result Entwhistle got to throw free shots on Struble who was tied up.

Either you both jump in or neither.  Just one linesman going in puts a player in danger of taking an unprotected punch to the face and could lead to serious injury 

Yeah. I think they were trying to tie up both players but the second linesman didn't get Entwistle. Result could have been bad.

Great to see Slafkovsky start scoring. A lucky deflection and “garbage” goal - but both were his willingness to go in front of the net and use his size and willingness to fight for positioning. He is scoring those Tim Kerr type of goals right now. 

hopefully seeing his hard work finally translate into production will give him more confidence and he continues to produce at this clip.

I’d like to see him start shooting more on the rush as well, instead of passing it off. He’s got a great release, once he starts using it more and the puck starts going in, should give him even more confidence! 

Nice, 3/4 points so far on the annual X-mas potential playoffs road trip.  

Wow, awesome moves by Slaf on Suzuki’s goal.  ex: great move on the halfboards to end up with the puck, great pass over to Cole in the slot, then when he was in front of the net it was smart thinking to lift the dmens stick so Suzuki would get the puck 1st, plus he got his body out in front of the dman so he was in his way so the guy couldn't do anything to stop Nick.  

Plus, Primeau allowed only 2 g so his gaa will drop and that increases his potential trade value.

30 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Nice, 3/4 points so far on the annual X-mas potential playoffs road trip.  

Wow, awesome moves by Slaf on Suzuki’s goal.  ex: great move on the halfboards to end up with the puck, great pass over to Cole in the slot, then when he was in front of the net it was smart thinking to lift the dmens stick so Suzuki would get the puck 1st, plus he got his body out in front of the dman so he was in his way so the guy couldn't do anything to stop Nick.  

Plus, Primeau allowed only 2 g so his gaa will drop and that increases his potential trade value.

Allen’s the guy we need to move - not Premieau!

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Allen’s the guy we need to move - not Premieau!

Yes, I would rather move Allen as well.  However, Allen is older, costs more $, and will get less of a return.  Plus, Primeau is a 2nd generation NHLer - his dad and uncle both played and had long careers with numerous teams.  Several of those teams are the 1's that are highly interested in him and if he plays good enough they might give up a 1st or 2nd for him instead of the typical 3rd or 4th for a backup Goalie.  

24 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes, I would rather move Allen as well.  However, Allen is older, costs more $, and will get less of a return.  Plus, Primeau is a 2nd generation NHLer - his dad and uncle both played and had long careers with numerous teams.  Several of those teams are the 1's that are highly interested in him and if he plays good enough they might give up a 1st or 2nd for him instead of the typical 3rd or 4th for a backup Goalie.  

Goalies aren't that hard to find. If primeau turns out to be a dud, later, he can easily be replaced. But woth the improvement he's shown this year, I'd be reluctant to trade him. Allen is the odd man out for me.

8 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Teams arent giving up a 1st rounder cause of who his dad is.  Thats crazy talk.

7 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Goalies aren't that hard to find. If primeau turns out to be a dud, later, he can easily be replaced. But woth the improvement he's shown this year, I'd be reluctant to trade him. Allen is the odd man out for me.

The latest rumours on TSN had Carolina and Jersey both kicking the tires on Allen.  Makes more sense for them to want an experienced goalie IMO.

8 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

If goalies are not that hard to find, why are there about 5 teams desperately looking for one?

• Upvote 1