Reinbacher assigned to Laval

DON

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Terrible idea. Baron is no good and will be even less room for him than there is now.

Maybe now, but he is still developing and He may be an option as a 4th RD if Savard is moved; he can flip/flop with Kovacevic on the bottom pair until the other RDs are ready

Even though they are at different levels and age, do you think it is fair to compare Lane Hutson with Quinn Hughes, when Hughes was Hutson's age? 

Are they in the same conversation? 

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

Even though they are at different levels and age, do you think it is fair to compare Lane Hutson with Quinn Hughes, when Hughes was Hutson's age? 

I don't think Hutson is quite as good as Hughes, but yes, he's close enough to be in the conversation.  At this age though, Hughes was in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

I assume Hughes is bit stronger defending &  better skating... better shot also am guessing?

48 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think of Hughes as being bigger, stronger and faster. Hutson has tremendous creativity and smarts. I just worry that Hutson will be easily pushed around at the NHL level. 

The same concerns were expressed about Hughes, though.

I haven't studied Hutson, but Hughes is on a 92 point pace (!!!!). He is an absolute master. So he is probably not a fair comparable. What is reasonable might be to say that Hutson is the same kind of player as Hughes. I mean, if he came in and developed into a 70-point D man, I'd call that good, LOL.

34 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I haven't studied Hutson, but Hughes is on a 92 point pace (!!!!). He is an absolute master. So he is probably not a fair comparable. What is reasonable might be to say that Hutson is the same kind of player as Hughes. I mean, if he came in and developed into a 70-point D man, I'd call that good, LOL.

I think most would say that Hughes has elite skating ability which allows him to make up for any other deficiencies he might have. Hutson's skating is not quite the same level. I think you could say the same kind of player in that their offensive game dominates. Hutson needs to get stronger and he certainly could. 

25 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think most would say that Hughes has elite skating ability which allows him to make up for any other deficiencies he might have. Hutson's skating is not quite the same level. I think you could say the same kind of player in that their offensive game dominates. Hutson needs to get stronger and he certainly could. 

He might even be able to improve his skating. (Armia, for example, has trained multiple summers with an olympic speed skater, and it has improved his speed. Kotkaniemi, on the other hand, pooh-poohed that idea ...)

I don't mind one bit if medias and fans expect/hope Hudson turns into a Q. Hughes.

If we're able to get a Torey Krug level of player with Hudson, that would be a fantastic 2nd round pick. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think Hutson is a bit like Makar also, but just not same complete package.

In watching his games, Hutson does struggle defending bigger stronger forwards on the rush, but no surprise and will always be a weakness. But, he seems smart with stick and we shall see how he looks in a Hab jersey pretty soon i expect.

David Reinbacher's first game:

A month or so again my wife and I and another couple decided we'd drive the hour to Belleville and watch Laval play the Bellville Senators. Last night was the night we bought tickets for and it also happened to be the first game for David Reinbachers so we were all interested to see him play. 

I expected to see him struggle with the speed and the smaller rink but other than a few isolated moments he looked totally at ease and I thought he played very well and fit in seamlessly.

The only time I saw him confused, to me at least, was when they put him out towards the end of overtime, three on three, and I assume they were playing man on man and he probably had never played three on three before. His man took the puck and retreated out towards centre ice and DR looked to the bench, seemingly unsure if he should follow him or stay put. But other than that I thought he did very well.

He is a very good and fast skater and was physical, not overly, but definitely used his size at time to his benefit. 

His teammates huddled with him before every face-off and they seemed to be discussing responsibilities and who should be where.  

On top of it all he used his skating and hockey smarts to pick off a pass, picked up a loose puck and skated in with another Laval player as a decoy and sniped a nice goal to the far side. His teammates mobbed him and it was definitely a great moment for him and the team. 

He also was named third star of the game by whoever picks the stars in Belleville.  

So if this was his first real game in North America on a smaller rink and a faster pace, I thought he did extremely well and I think he's going to as advertised, a very good skating, solid defence man who can carry the puck out of his end and make plays. 

A very good first game, IMHO! 

• Like 3

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/david-reinbacher-analysis-development-montreal-canadiens-defence-prospect-video-lane-hutson-partner-ahl-laval-rocket-nhl-pairing-options/

"...Tweaking these things in small ways that make him more effective — teaching him how to blend fakes and look-offs into his passes, helping him learn to hide his intentions offensively, and more — is the way forward to unlocking 40- to 50-point upside. And that’s where Lane Hutson comes in."

3 hours ago, DON said:

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/david-reinbacher-analysis-development-montreal-canadiens-defence-prospect-video-lane-hutson-partner-ahl-laval-rocket-nhl-pairing-options/

"...Tweaking these things in small ways that make him more effective — teaching him how to blend fakes and look-offs into his passes, helping him learn to hide his intentions offensively, and more — is the way forward to unlocking 40- to 50-point upside. And that’s where Lane Hutson comes in."

Long-term, Reinbacher/HUTSON and Mailloux/Guhle seem to make sense ... then Xhekaj with Kovacevic/Barron/Harris/???

EDITED: To remove typo/stupidity

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Long-term, Reinbacher/Hughes ...

Which one Quinn or Luke?:nuts:

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Which one Quinn or Luke?:nuts:

Simpsons - D'Oh.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Long-term, Reinbacher/HUTSON and Mailloux/Guhle seem to make sense ... then Xhekaj with Kovacevic/Barron/Harris/???

EDITED: To remove typo/stupidity

I call them senior's moments.