Game 82 Detroit at Montreal 7pm April 16

Now that the season is over and we have all seen the Habs improve. How do you feel now, will the Habs make the playoffs next season?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Wildcard spot for the Habs next year?

• Yes
    • No

I couldn't watch last night's game so this is my first time watching him (in the NHL). It's damned impressive what he's able to do. He's quick, he has moves and he looks like his vision is superb. Watching him on PP, or taking the shot for Slafkovsky's goal was really impressive for a kid in his second NHL game--and yet Detroit knew what he could do, from yesterday's game, and had no answer.

I'm feeling super optimistic about Hutson at the moment. Maybe too optimistic. But these are not just Poehling-lucky goals, this is a display of skill.

I have no doubt on his offence translating to the NHL.

Its the defensive end that is the issue but i think he will be good enough there too. He might need AHL time though.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Sens won... so 6th at worst.

Could be 5th if arizona wins their last game... (or 1 point if we lose this)

Yes, the Sens win was a pleasant surprise. Would have preferred a Habs regulation loss BUT the kids look good, will likely draft before Ottawa and maybe Arizona pulls a surprise tomorrow night. Hopefully the Canucks get a point tonight so it's a nothing game for the Oilers. 

After all the non-calls throughout the game the Habs got a big break, that they couldn't convert, in O/T.

Why not let Mailloux take a shot in the 3-spot? (pun intended)

Am I correct that Habs have clinched 5th worst, regardless of how the 'Yotes do tomorrow, by virtue of fewer regulation wins?  Only SJS and Chicago have fewer, and can't catch the Habs in their final game(s).

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hes really showing that crazy edgework in the ozone to create space and chances.

D is better too.

Just got an assist on a shot slaf tipped in.

Thanks friend 

He is likely going to Laval next year but he might make the Habs out of training camp. 

Just from highlights, Hutson is very difficult to cover because of insane edge work. 

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Am I correct that Habs have clinched 5th worst, regardless of how the 'Yotes do tomorrow, by virtue of fewer regulation wins?  Only SJS and Chicago have fewer, and can't catch the Habs in their final game(s).

They have clinched sixth. Fifth if the Coyotes secure at least a point tomorrow.

Happy for Savard having won the Jacques Beauchamp "Unsung Hero" award ... he is a Bleu-Blanc-Rouge warrior.

Nice for RHP to get to speak ... may be his final chance.

Token "merci beaucoup" from Nick ... they had to know for a while that he speak ... couldn't have had him learn even "à l'an prochain, merci beaucoup"?  Fans would have gone nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Just from highlights, Hutson is very difficult to cover because of insane edge work. 

Teams learned to play against Caufield, to prevent or at least expect passes to him. Caufield has now learned to be more versatile, though.

Learning what Hutson can do, though, doesn't necessarily help as much in playing against him.

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They have clinched sixth. Fifth if the Coyotes secure at least a point tomorrow.

Damn NHL slow to update their standings ... and me not checking properly.

Hopefully the 'Yotes want to leave on a good note.

Hutson may be as nimble as any Hab in recent memory ... quick changes of direction, fakes, etc.

Understanding that it's only 2 games... but, man this kid had the entire Bell Centre on the edge of their seat everytime he was on the ice and touched the puck. He's clearly a special kind of player. 

I'm most impressed with MSL...

Kudos to him affording Hutson the opportunity to just play the game as he knows it, and Mailloux on the top pair...

It's unheard of in Mtl to allow two kids in their first game and 2nd game, top 4 minutes.

Mailloux 21:14 on top pair

Hutson 23:32

Hutson 21:54 last night

I regret having missed what seem to have been two electrifying final games. Detroit cannot be a fundamentally strong team if they had to claw back twice and scrape out OT wins against us under those circumstances.

Looked to me like Primeau was stinko tonight. A pity to end things that way.

Lots to like in Montreal but as many have remarked, we'll need a LOT more to be a serious threat to make the playoffs next year. Could be a lively off-season!

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, the Sens win was a pleasant surprise. Would have preferred a Habs regulation loss BUT the kids look good, will likely draft before Ottawa and maybe Arizona pulls a surprise tomorrow night. Hopefully the Canucks get a point tonight so it's a nothing game for the Oilers. 

Arizona should be motivated for their last game.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I regret having missed what seem to have been two electrifying final games.

I missed them too. I need to get a hockey package next year as it sounds like Hutson might be fun to watch. A lot of the Habs games are blacked out in Edmonton, regional restrictions blah blah blah  However I was able to watch Washington and Philly. 

All things said and done this season might have been perceived as uninspiring to the naked eye but I kid you not, this is the most excited I’ve been about the future in a LONG while. 

Mark my words, they will be crazy good. 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I missed them too. I need to get a hockey package next year as it sounds like Hutson might be fun to watch. A lot of the Habs games are blacked out in Edmonton, regional restrictions blah blah blah  However I was able to watch Washington and Philly. 

Sportsnet top package has no blackouts (outside the Habs region) and you can likely get it for $200 for the season.

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Thanks, that is likely what I will do next year. 

Yeah, I saved the dough knowing this season would be mostly drudgery, but might make the investment again next season.