Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Caps | 03/20/06

Spider-Man NL

Wow....

There is a definite lack of optimism in this thread... Regardless...

GO HABS GO!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

We will win, and start up a new winning streak!

Prediction: 6-1 Habs

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO HABS GO!!!

Souray with another two for all the shots he'll get with all the playing time on Monday.... Ryder, Plex, Koivu, and Higgins with the other 4. Ovechkin and Zubrus for the Caps.

:hlogo:

Can someone clarify if Aebischer is RFA or UFA at the end of the year, I as i think most of you supsect that he is RFA but when the trade occured, the article on tsn.ca had him listed as UFA at seasons end, thus I ask if someone knows how to find out for sure.

Back on topic now. Judging by Sakus's comments after last game, I think the team will come to play against Washington, I'm looking for a big game, from Saku (he played well against Pitt and seemed to be turning it around) and Kovalev. They need to be the leaders and will be.

And of course, I'm expecting a big game from Huet as he proves everyone right and BG wrong for starting Abeischer last game.

GO HABS GO

Edited by gohabsgo252006

Can someone clarify if Aebischer is RFA or UFA at the end of the year, I as i think most of you supsect that he is RFA but when the trade occured, the article on tsn.ca had him listed as UFA at seasons end, thus I ask if someone knows how to find out for sure.

Back on topic now. Judging by Sakus's comments after last game, I think the team will come to play against Washington, I'm looking for a big game, from Saku (he played well against Pitt and seemed to be turning it around) and Kovalev. They need to be the leaders and will be.

And of course, I'm expecting a big game from Huet as he proves everyone right and BG wrong for starting Abeischer last game.

GO HABS GO

Aebischer is a Restricted Free Agent at the end of the season

Well its going to be a tough week for Montreal this week. I'm guessing by next Monday, after the Islanders game we'll pretty much know whethere Montreal will make the playoffs or not.

A good week with 4 or more wins and they'll probably make it. Two or less and they're screwed and if they win 3, well they'll probably be in the same boat

What does everyone think of mixing up the lines, putting Koivu and Kovalev back together, and Ribeiro back with Ryder, maybe after all this time both tandems can find the synergy that made them dangerous either earlier this year (k and K) or last season (Ryder and Ribs).

How about:

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Bulis Ribeiro Ryder

Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

Begin Bonk Murray / Downey

Line 1: With Higgins finding his scoring touch of late, he goes to the net hard and is great along the boards, Koivu needs to step up, Kovalev can both set up and finnish and I think this line could gel a bit similar or even better than Zhogs early in the year.

Line 2: We know that Ryder and Ribs have had chemistry in the past. Bulis has been able to pot some this year, I think he has the 2nd most goals on the team. Bulis is a great skater and hard worker and very responsible defensively. Ribs has been much better defensively since Gainey took over and Ryder needs to be set up to do anything and all ribs does is set people up because he can't shoot, maybe they can find some chemistry again.

Line 3: Plekanek is the defesively responsible one on this line, Zhogs has great speed but hasn't done much, while Zednik has been playing better of late but not capitalizing. He controls the puck well, but hasn't done much else. Plex can set them up and their speed could get chances off the rush.

Line 4: Begin and Bonk have worked well together of late, Bonk seems to be coming around, although his offence isn't where it could be, it's important to remember that he's also not palying on the PP and is killing penalties instead.

What do you guys think of my suggestion? This team needs a change to boost some confidence, but that will only happen if it works. BG needs to step up and try something drastic.

The first step before anything else however, is HUET HUET and more HUET. A little Markov wouldn't hurt either.

GO HABS GO

Alright well, now i'm even more depressed as I just checked the scores to find out that The Maple Leafs beat the Penguins to move within 3 points of us. We do have 1 game in hand, but ###### c'mon we need this win really really bad. Especially with back to back games against them later this week.......###### i'm in a bad mood now.

Putting Koivu with Kovalev is a terrible idea. Why saddle the most talented player on our team with Koivu, who is absolutely useless right now? At this point, if I'm Kovalev, I'd much rather have Ribeiro as my center. For that matter, I'd much rather have Plekanec as my center.

Putting Koivu with Kovalev is a terrible idea. Why saddle the most talented player on our team with Koivu, who is absolutely useless right now? At this point, if I'm Kovalev, I'd much rather have Ribeiro as my center. For that matter, I'd much rather have Plekanec as my center.

I'm sure if you asked Kovalev that he'd disagree. Besides Koivu played a good game against Pittsburgh, i'm not sure if you had the opportunity to watch, but it was the first time he's done anything in a long time, unfortunately nobody was able to finnish his set ups, but his decision making looked almost like normal Saku. And we need to try something to get him back on the scoreboard and out of his slump and what could be better tonic than Kovalev.

Again just my opinion, but I think it could work.

Edited by gohabsgo252006

Wow....

There is a definite lack of optimism in this thread...

Holly crap you can say that again! Imagine that even the post from Bubbles the Habbie seemed almost overly Optimistic then you know this is Badass pissed off posting here!!

Come on les buys Wake up this is it No more try-outs no more experiments we give it with what weve got ... we start using Hitting and agressive play! and smack the living crap out our opponents!

GO LES GARS! AWAY AWAY! COLLISE!!!!

Well as posted earlier the Leafs won on a penalty shot goal from none other then Chad Kilger.

The Habs most defiantly need two big win's Monday and Tuesday and hopefully the Canes can do us a favour and beat the leafs on Tuesday night.

All I can say is Go Habs Go

To all of you guys bashing Bob and the team, what did you expect? Did you think that Bob was going to wave his magic wand and turn the Habs into Cup contenders within a season and a half? It takes time. have a little faith :P

All I can say is Go Habs Go

To all of you guys bashing Bob and the team, what did you expect? Did you think that Bob was going to wave his magic wand and turn the Habs into Cup contenders within a season and a half? It takes time. have a little faith :P

Seems to me we were somewhat contending at the beginning of the year. Then after Montreal fell apart all he did was trade our #1 goalie for a #2 goalie, and pick up a #8 defensmen. Could have done something else.

It helps having Huet in net tonight just because of the confidence the team has in him, but the real focus should be on scoring as often as possible to try and get some slumping players out of a season long slide.

As of right now the habs are the second lowest scoring team in the East. Only NJ has fewer goals (187 vs the habs 189) and this cannot be good for a playoff push. It does speak volumes about their defense though.

To be in a playoff position while scoring the fewest goal in the conference is something you wouldn't expect to be in the same sentence.

Edited by Habitforming

Habs will get back on a winning-track tonight - the last game against Pittsburgh should teach them all they needed to learn. WE'RE ON THE BRINK OF A WINNING STREAK!!!

I BELIEVE IT!!! :ghg: :hlogo: :ghg:

Go Habs GO!

Did you think that Bob was going to wave his magic wand and turn the Habs into Cup contenders within a season and a half?

Carolina turned into one hell of one since 28 wins last NHL season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Montreal can win a Cup this decade and keep the streak alive, I'll e the biggest Gainey backer out there. But before then, there's no reason to prematurely believe that's the he's the best thing to ever happen to the Habs.

Here we go. CJAD is about to start their broadcast. Hopefully we receive some good news on Bouillon & maybe Markov.

Don't miss it.

Is there anyone in the house who knows the inside track on Bouillon's (their) long term status already?

I (or someone) will post it when it becomes available.

GO HABS - :hlogo: C'MON! :angry: