Habs Mvp

Habsterr

If you had a vote, and had to vote now, who would be the Habs MVP?

For sure Gainey and Co. have done a miraculous job of reinventing the team to a fast aggressive group, but afraid we can't vote for the coach.

:king: My vote would be for Huet. He has turned the team around and given them confidence. :king:

Edited by Habsterr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov has been very good for a large part of this season and we all know about the habs record without him, but...

.930?

2.14?

6 shutouts in 30 games?

During the 'live puck' era?

As a mid-season replacement?

To a team circling the drain?

HUET

Yeah its too bad Huet was hurt, and not playing fulltime minutes since the start of the year, and see what kinda numbers he had now!

Also it owuld be nice to know if he can handle the grind of the full season. But no question. He's the MVP of this Canadiennes Team

For a slightly blasphamous comparison, here is Theodore's 2002 season:

67 GP

.931 SVG

2.11 GAA

7 Shutouts

After seeing that.........only if we win the cup should Huet get any recognition, because you all know what premature awards will do to someone. If Huet is not recognized for a stellar season he will keep trying to be better and that is what we want..........

I do have to admit though.....Huet will be good for a while.......Just watching him......He is so calm....extreme vision of the play and puck. Gifted kid, I'm just so suprised it took him so long. He is the real deal. I'm sure of it.

When he does slump let's go easy on him............

There really isn't an easy answer. Markov and Huet both deserve it. The Habs can't win without either of them.

Jose won the hart with stats pretty much equal to Heut's. I know there are more deserving candidates for the hart (jagr, thornton) but it makes me go HMMMMMmmm. If theo can win hart and vezina with those numbers why can't Huet?

I love markov but it's huet

the guy has 6 friggin shutouts in something like two months. :bow:

how better can it get ??

:ghg:

I am surprised no one mentioned our latest superstar: Bonk.

Don't send me any angry protest. I kid.

#79 has my vote

I never saw the Molson cup 3 stars over the last few games, but I'm sure Bonk got his rewards there

After seeing that.........only if we win the cup should Huet get any recognition, because you all know what premature awards will do to someone. If Huet is not recognized for a stellar season he will keep trying to be better and that is what we want..........

As a UFA-to-be, he'll be recognized for a stellar season financially... if not here, then elsewhere. Hopefully here.

Yeah definitley. I'm sure there is some team out there that may make Huet a lucrative offer. One that would be hard for Montreal to match considering they have Aebischer (ick) and Danis waiting down in Hamilton. But how much is too much to spend for Huet?

Montreal had better sign him before July 1st, or whenever the free agency period starts.

My Vote???

First I had Markov....Then Co-MVPs then Markov had that 4 point game last week so it was Markov again, then Huet played well and we were back to Co-MVPs. Then last night happened and I can no longer hold the praise back. My official selection as of last night;

Cristobal Huet. mvp of the Habs.

He does not have enough games to win major NHL awards though which is perfectly fine. Does HUET's metioric rise remind anyone else of a guy named Mikka Kiprussoff?

GO HUET GO

GO SAKU GO

GO HABS GO

Most valuable player.

It is Huet. No doubt. He's way more important right now and has been since he entered the ice.

Chritopher Higgins and Andrei Markov should be mentioned.

Huet has not played enough games to even be considered team MVP; he might get only 35 starts during the regular season. Besides, not to take anything away from what he's done, but the team was already playing over .500 with Theodore being absolutely horrible in front of the net. He's made the team better, there's no denying that, but the team's record without Huet is nothing compared to the team's record without Markov.

My vote would go to Markov...

Something we can all agree on

Habs rookie of the year.....Unanimously...

:hlogo: hris :hlogo: iggins

Habs MVP (arguably)

:hlogo: ristobal :hlogo: uet

All this being said, if you check the goalie stats across the league, Huet is right near the top in both GAA and Save%. How many games played would he need to be considered for the Vezina?

MVP: Andrei Markov, one of the most underrated D-men in the league

Rookie: Higgins, obviously

Unsung Hero: Craig Rivet, who is having a career year offensively and is one of the team's real leaders.

Undeserved Criticism: Mathieau Dandenault, who despite everyone complaining that he is the worst D-man on the team, has put up a +7 on the season. That tells me he is doing his job.

All this being said, if you check the goalie stats across the league, Huet is right near the top in both GAA and Save%. How many games played would he need to be considered for the Vezina?

Kipper played 38 games last season and was nominated, so I think Huet would be eligible. Tops in SV%, 2nd in GAA, 2nd in shutouts is certainly a strong resume. Kipper, Lundqvist, and the injured Hasek are strong competition though. His best bet would be for Emery to keep the job in Ottawa when Hase returns, otherwise I think Huet is for sure the odd man out.

I hadn't even considered him for Vezina, but wow! His numbers are so good, it's hard not to consider him.

Yeah definitley. I'm sure there is some team out there that may make Huet a lucrative offer. One that would be hard for Montreal to match considering they have Aebischer (ick) and Danis waiting down in Hamilton. But how much is too much to spend for Huet?

Montreal had better sign him before July 1st, or whenever the free agency period starts.

Abby is an RFA at the end of the season. If Gainey sees Huet as the true #1 of the team, I can see him letting Aebi walk. Still justifies the Theo trade by getting rid of his salary, especially if Huet keeps up his play.

P.J. Stock is on a one man crusade for Huet for Vezina, pretty fun to listen to, and I agree with the greater part of his argument.

Does anybody know if/what the minimum game requirement for Vezina consideration is?

Unfortunately, I can see Lundquist getting the Vezina as a consolation prize for losing the ROY to Ovechkin.