Game Thread | Canes Vs. Habs | 04/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rds.ca has confirmed that Bonk will start centering Higgins and Ryder. They say they have no word yet on who will be inserted, saying it could be Streit with 7 Dmen, Or Lapiere, Kosty or downey.

I hope tsn is right Athletique I think Kostytsin can show he belongs and really help out offensively. Fourth line time in the playoffs isn't like fourth line time in the regular season. It'll be good for him.

I don't like inserting Kostsitsyn in that spot. Either he takes a spot on one of the three offensive lines, or you put a defensive-minded player with Murray and Sundstrom. Bonk, Murray, and Sundstrom have been fantastic at shutting key players down and getting chances off playing good defence. I just don't see it working.

If that lineup is true, look for Kostsitsyn to play 5-7 minutes a game (until Begin is back) and Bonk/Pleck to take turns double shifting on the fourth line, maybe have Ribeiro take a double shift once in awhile to cover Bonk/Pleck on their own line.

i feel good about this - Habs are playing well - they will find an additional emotional gear to win tonights game - and that will be too insurmountable a lead for Carolina to make up when the Habs have the series 3-1.

i fully expect the Habs to take care of business

BUT

they need the 1st goal of the game - burst the Canes momentum quick - this will help the rest of the way. If the Canes score first - i still think the Habs win - but it will be a painfully long and hard-fought game then.

GO HABS GO!!!

i fully expect the Habs to take care of business

BUT

They scored already? Who scored?

"I'm sure Sak would want us to win and that will be a source of motivation."

-Mike Ribeiro

Go Habs go!

Why aren't we giving Zednik more respect Gainey? Let him on the second line at least, he is scoring again!!

And is it Kotstitsyn or Lapierre playing?

And Ribeiro has been playing well this postseason and end of the season.

so here is the big question:

I usually wear an away jersey during away games and a home jersey during home games.

Well... I guess the question is should I wear my away game jersey on the theory that it is the lucky one?

So am I, Pierre, so am I :D

Mission 1: Come out firing on all cyclinders and play with as much confidence as in last game. We dominated that one.

Mission 2: SCORE. Dominating for most of a game and only get 1 goal out of it is a lack of killer instinct. Can't repeat that tonight.

Misson 3: Set up Game 4. We're going back to Carolina, one way or another.

Optionnal mission: Stamp Williams all over the boards for what he did to Saku. Intentional or not, payback's a bitch and you have to show you mean business the legal way.

GO HABS GO!