Leafs Owner Lobbying For Nfl Team In Toronto

Pierre the Great

nfl_logo240.gif

So, that's what the US flag looks like? :lol:

I don't think an NFL team in Toronto would have much affect on the CFL. The league is highly popular in Canada and is a very different game from NFL football. From what I am reading, Ontario is already the weakest area of support for the league, so the primary supporters of the league aren't the ones getting an NFL team. The Argonauts and Tiger-Cats might be affected, but I don't think the rest of the league will see a significant loss of fan support.

I guess I see the red-white-blue motif.... but which 25 states are getting dissed by the stars?

True, but the MLB logo has the same color scheme, as does the NBA. In fact, the NHL is the only one of the 4 major sports that doesn't have the red-white-blue motif.

The NFL logo represents football, not the USA. Changing the logo if Toronto ever gets a team is simply silly.

Well then, okay, whatever, sure.

HAHA Look what I found:

The NFL Logo from the 60's

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=4711

Hmmm if that doesn't represent the US Flag I don't know what does.

Edited by Pierre the Great

True, but the MLB logo has the same color scheme, as does the NBA. In fact, the NHL is the only one of the 4 major sports that doesn't have the red-white-blue motif.

had to add nhlpa to the list, which in my mind anyways, prevents the nhl from using that colour scheme

isnt the NFL better off without a franchise in TO? It is not as if the NFL is lacking for plausible new franchises if it so desires

If a canadian NFL franchise would destroy (or greatly wound) the CFL it would seem against the NFL's best interests to allow for one. As of right now, the NFL can use the CFL as a nearby feeder league for players who either aren't quite ready for the NFL out of college, for marginal role players, or to keep weedy running backs in shape. All this while the CFL does not really compete for market share with the NFL.

I'd love to see an NFL team come to Canada. I love NCAA and NFL football...can't stand CFL, so it's not as if I'd be buying an NFL ticket INSTEAD of buying a CFL ticket (I'd never pay to see a CFL game). I know I'm not alone in this regard.

If the NFL were to go into Canada it would be only fair to tweek the logo, imo.

Yeah change the star on top to a leaf to signify the lone canadian team north of all the others. :P

Really though... I cant see why they would go to TO when Los Angeles doesnt even have a team... anybody know why the Rams left there? And why there isnt a team there now?

:hlogo:

Yeah change the star on top to a leaf to signify the lone canadian team north of all the others. :P

Really though... I cant see why they would go to TO when Los Angeles doesnt even have a team... anybody know why the Rams left there? And why there isnt a team there now?

:hlogo:

Exactly, there'd be an uproar if the NFL went to Toronto before Los Angeles because just about everyone wants to stick a team in La La Land. Theres plenty of cities in the States to give NFL teams without bringing one up here. Leave us be.

Where isn't the NFL?

off the top of my head

LA

Vegas

Oklahoma City

Portland

Orlando

San Antonio

Louisville

Sacramento

Salt Lake City

San Jose

Birmingham

Columbus

Austin

can't think of anymore

What I'm saying is that the NFL has a lot more places to go to in america before it goes to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.

Edited by Pierre the Great

The only thing that I think is stopping the NFL from going to Canada is the CFL. NFL in Canada would be the death of the CFL.

What I'm saying is that the NFL has a lot more places to go to in america before it goes to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.

even Pierre the Great has managed to find more than just the CFL as a reason for why the NFL doesn't come to Canada!

personally - i'd love to see an NFL franchise in Canada ... but it makes no sense. the NFL doesn't need the Canadian market, benefits from having a feeder league so close-by, doesn't need the international red-tape, the Toronto market is close enough to consider Buffalo 'their' team, the reasons can go on and on.

love the idea ... but - never gonna happen, IMO

Where isn't the NFL?

off the top of my head

LA

Vegas

Oklahoma City

Portland

Orlando

San Antonio

Louisville

Sacramento

Salt Lake City

San Jose

Birmingham

Columbus

Austin

can't think of anymore

Hey, I said it first. :P