Everbody Relax

markierung

Ok, we're 0-3 in the preseason.

Before a million threads pop ip about how this season is a disaster, Gainey is and idiot and that Carbo can't coach,

just remember, it is the preseason.

toronto and boston all played very superior line-ups than we did during every game.

Every year, we have one of the best preseason records and we have to fight for our playoff lives

Maybe loosing in the preseason could turn our fortunes around

Just what I've been preaching - patience, patience, patience.....

It's the preseason and win-loss records mean diddly.

RELAX - let the coaches do their job and see what transpires.

As a coach you put more emphasis on exhibition games played once the roster is pretty much set. Before that it is a form of evaluation camp as the pre-season games start so soon now. A couple of days and they're playing whereas before they had a lot longer to look at the players and get them game ready.

The ONLY thing I've taken from these preseason games is that Koivu seems well enough to play.. that is ALL I care about at this point... It's only preseason, and I would say the exact same things if we were 3-0 instead of 0-3...

I have complete faith in our organization.

Wasn't it one or 3 years ago we were unbeatable in pre-season. What came out of that, not much!!

And i dont even care if we start the season bad. I know we have a good team, with good vets plus great talent. I think we are a Diesel that has to get to speed. Just takes longer, but i have all faith it will be a good season!

Wasn't it one or 3 years ago we were unbeatable in pre-season. What came out of that, not much!!

And i dont even care if we start the season bad. I know we have a good team, with good vets plus great talent. I think we are a Diesel that has to get to speed. Just takes longer, but i have all faith it will be a good season!

I like that analagy!

But yeah who cares its pre season. Only thing that dissapoints me is I have not seen or heard much of the Canadiens young kids going above and beyond to impress and steal a roster spot!

I like that analagy!

But yeah who cares its pre season. Only thing that dissapoints me is I have not seen or heard much of the Canadiens young kids going above and beyond to impress and steal a roster spot!

Yeah your right about that, thats unfortunate. There are guys that should be knocking om some doors right now.

there is only one thing that doesnt sound good to me. Not only Montreal had the lines mixed up, but the other teams have the same. And it looks like they are dealing with that better. And that has everything to do with hockeysense. Reading the game, and i found it strange that our talented team loses on that part. When your lines are mixed up as they are now you have to fall back on the basics, and play from there on. We should be better than the leafs on that part. But maybe thats all crap and its just the work ethic. We lose on the battle appartment.

I don't exactly like the fact they didn't very prepared, were skated out of the rink and their offense looked about as sharp as the Clay-Pit Clippers. But its the preseason and I'm not worried right now. If they still look like this in their final two games I will worry....but now.....NO

I don't know about that. With 3 points up for grabs every night, it's become even more important to come out of the gates flying. Making up points has become very difficult.

I don't know about that. With 3 points up for grabs every night, it's become even more important to come out of the gates flying. Making up points has become very difficult.

:?-

did I missed something??

I have one small concern. Carbonneau pointed out the ribeiro line as being the wosrt one on the team in their second game in a row.

I am not near panicking. We are giving all the kids a look, and shifting lines all over the place. What do you expect? This is all about finding out who gets the few last spots. Nothing else but these positions to be won, the games mean nothing.

On a positive note, listening to the game last night, Locke sounded to be having a good night. latendresse is coming along, Sourey avoiding injury by backing off instead of hitting people. All I want is us to come out of the pre-season without injuries and with 2 new rookies in the lineup that won the spots.

I do, however, hope to see a game or 2 with our expected season regulars and Huet in nets. Then we will have a better idea of where the team is strength wise. I don't think we will be disappointed.

It is too easy to cover our top line with your best checkers if we don't have our equally potent 2nd line following. Few teams will have the defensive depth to hold down both top lines. We also have a great 3rd or checking line led by Bonk and Begin which hasn't been out against the other teams top lines yet. This combination will open up lots of space for the fast skating 4th line we will have again this year.

Our defence, though not the best in the league, will do fine. Maybe the odd breakdown/bad turnover, but they will hold their own. Huet will find the zone, and we will be in the playoffs.

I truely believe this and don't care about the outcome of these games, just the big lines , mainly Ribs line, getting a feel for each other and 2 kids stepping up to take the open spots. Gui and Cory? Wouldn't have thought so.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

The preseason may not mean much to this season, as we don't have the real team playing. What I am worried about is the future. This is the time for the young guys to impress and by and large, they are not doing it.

Clearly, there is no prospect making a case to make the team. If Lats gets in, it is not because he is awesome, but because he didn't suck as much as the rest of them. :)

I just hope they all show some pride tonight and put in some effort. Keep the penalties down (you hear that Rivet...) and display the skills that got them this far.

I would also like to see the Ribs/Kovy/Samsonov line start to gel, although i am guessing they have tonight off. That line could be the key to the season and they need to get into a groove together. Hopefully it will come together before the real season starts.

I am not too worried about the goalies (although I have my doubts about Huet), since goalies preseason means very little.

The preseason may not mean much to this season, as we don't have the real team playing. What I am worried about is the future. This is the time for the young guys to impress and by and large, they are not doing it.

Clearly, there is no prospect making a case to make the team. If Lats gets in, it is not because he is awesome, but because he didn't suck as much as the rest of them. :)

I've been hearing that the young guys have been unimpressive, from other posters here, but having not seen a game I don't know how much it is the case. That is why I wanted to see all the kids play tonight. Guess it wont happen though as our 2 big lines are getting the nod, or so I read in the game thread. Hope Chips and Gui show me something and really looking forward to seeing Price between the pipes.

I just hope they all show some pride tonight and put in some effort. Keep the penalties down (you hear that Rivet...) and display the skills that got them this far.

I would also like to see the Ribs/Kovy/Samsonov line start to gel, although i am guessing they have tonight off. That line could be the key to the season and they need to get into a groove together. Hopefully it will come together before the real season starts.

I am not too worried about the goalies (although I have my doubts about Huet), since goalies preseason means very little.

I'm starting to get a little concerned. With all the talk that Ribs must have heard I thought he would be working harder than anyone on the ice. From what I hear he's kind of gliding through games. I also thought Samsonov would want to show something for the fans and management. I'm also getting a little concerned about our AHL goalies. I thought they would have shown better stuff so far.

2002-03 when the Polish Princess did awesome in preseason. He spent the majority of the year in Hamilton during the regular season and we missed the dance all together :angry:

I also took that bum in 2 of my pools :angry:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Preseason is great for the young guys to strut their stuff. The vets use it probably for conditioning more than anything else. Some guys just float or don't care. (Kovalev)

When Montreal is down to the last two games they better damn well start taking their jobs seriously or there will hell to pay in the dressing room. There are many good young forwards looking for jobs and I think guys like Ribero should look over the shoulder to see that this is serious time to show ones abilities. If Montreal loses all the games it will not be a disaster but to lose to the Leafs.....UGGGGGG!

:?-

did I missed something??

I have one small concern. Carbonneau pointed out the ribeiro line as being the wosrt one on the team in their second game in a row.

And we know that Samsonov and Kovalev work well together. So, what does that leaaaavvvvveeee...........

Hmmmm......

S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R-!-!-!

Now I'm angry. TSN's headline is "Leafs Crush Canadiens".

If the score had been opposite the headline would probably say "Leafs Lose In Valiant Effort"

If we win tonight and if it's lopsided I'm going to be interested in what they bleat about! :angry2:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

And we know that Samsonov and Kovalev work well together. So, what does that leaaaavvvvveeee...........

Hmmmm......

S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R-!-!-!

Actually, we know nothing of the sort. In fact, some commentators have said that ribs was looking okay, Kovalev was floating, and Samsonov was missing a lot of nice passes.

I suspect they need time to gel, and in the case of Kovalev, the season to start before we will see what this line is made of.

Kovalev won't play hard untill the season starts, thats just the guy he is,

and i saw some highlights, Ribeiro completely undressed a guy and made some sick lookng passes.

I'm not worried,

u nver see forseberg, thornton or Iginla do amazing in the preseason, i don't know why we expect it out of our regular guys

Now I'm angry. TSN's headline is "Leafs Crush Canadiens".

If the score had been opposite the headline would probably say "Leafs Lose In Valiant Effort"

If we win tonight and if it's lopsided I'm going to be interested in what they bleat about! :angry2:

I believe this is day 2 of my boycotting anything TSN for the rest of my life, so they can write whatever they want. It should read "Leafs beat Montreals BACKUP GOALIES".

Lets look at reality, how many times are the LEafs going to score that many goals in a week let alone one game?

My headline says "Habs just do not take preseason seriously, PENALTIES"

Gainey is an idiot and Carbonneau can't coach.

Where's Reggie!? Where's Mario!?

NOT funny... I still have nightmares about those guys. :puke:

Yeah your right about that, thats unfortunate. There are guys that should be knocking om some doors right now.

there is only one thing that doesnt sound good to me. Not only Montreal had the lines mixed up, but the other teams have the same. And it looks like they are dealing with that better. And that has everything to do with hockeysense. Reading the game, and i found it strange that our talented team loses on that part. When your lines are mixed up as they are now you have to fall back on the basics, and play from there on. We should be better than the leafs on that part. But maybe thats all crap and its just the work ethic. We lose on the battle appartment.

Falling back on '' basics '' when all the lines are mixe-up will help no doubts.

Leaf's coach from my reading had by-passed the scrimages option in favor

of establishing '' systems consensus '' during the camp's earliest stages.

Carbo has favored exposing the highest number of prospects to the CH experience before

the pre-saison matches started....even once started against Boston, the CH had over 50 players around the

Club while BOS where down to 30 some.

Our team's requirement is limited yet the door have been wide open for the multitude of prospects.........

I am not shure what the goals are.......but the resulting on-ice anarchie in game 3 is understandable.

Lacking cohesion under those circumstances is comprehensible,.....is it desirable thought ? is this

free-jazz atmosphere a good background to evaluate a prospect's talent ? if it is then last night's didn't

displayed much of it coming from them.....except for Lock's talents at organising things......but the scarcity

of it in the end couldn't make you forget the bad meal you just had......the way good appetisers can

sometime do.

Falling back on '' basics '' when all the lines are mixe-up will help no doubts.

Leaf's coach from my reading had by-passed the scrimages option in favor

of establishing '' systems consensus '' during the camp's earliest stages.

Carbo has favored exposing the highest number of prospects to the CH experience before

the pre-saison matches started....even once started against Boston, the CH had over 50 players around the

Club while BOS where down to 30 some.

Our team's requirement is limited yet the door have been wide open for the multitude of prospects.........

I am not shure what the goals are.......but the resulting on-ice anarchie in game 3 is understandable.

Lacking cohesion under those circumstances is comprehensible,.....is it desirable thought ? is this

free-jazz atmosphere a good background to evaluate a prospect's talent ? if it is then last night's didn't

displayed much of it coming from them.....except for Lock's talents at organising things......but the scarcity

of it in the end couldn't make you forget the bad meal you just had......the way good appetisers can

sometime do.

This is what happens when you have too many good prospects. I think quite a few of these kids who are going to end up in Junior or AHL this year would crack the NHL roster elsewhere no problem, and probably do pretty well with some extended ice time that's simply just not available here right now. Majority of these kids are forward prospects projected for the offensive lines, and yet we're STOCKED there, at least on the wings.

The management is going to have to make some tough decisions on our prospects in not so distant future. Remember that we still have some glaring holes on D and a suspect centerline (can Ribeiro hang? can Koivu be healthy? can someone from within the organization pitch in if they can't?) that will probably have to be addressed before the season's end. If it's addressed through trades (which i think is inevitable) it will likely cost 1-2 kids, maybe more before it's all said and done. They'll want to make sure they give them a good look and make an informed decision, and playing against NHL opposition is a valuable experience for them, whereas a few of our vets couldn't care less at this point.

It definitely seems like we're "off" in terms of roster count and quality of lines we've put out there, but that's part of the evaluation. All I want to see in the preseason is 1) no more injuries; 2) for one or two of those kids to show they can at least contribute on the NHL level now, even if we don't call on them to do it due to the glut on our scoring lines........