Higgins A Leader

markierung

The effort didn't sit well with winger Chris Higgins.

"Some guys are taking shifts off, or parts of shifts, and the result is odd-man breaks against us," he said. "Our neutral zone play was awful. It was embarrassing.

It's sad that it takes a second year player to say this, but it looks like Higgins is more vocal than i though. Looks like he could be a leader on the team for a really long time.

He is wearing Carbo's number after all. He was given it before Carbonneau had even arrived. The organization is aware of this. I'm really excited about Higgins. Speed, strong 2 way play. He's a leader on the ice and obviously this latest comment is more evidence of his leadership in the room. Remember the post game interviews when we got eliminated? I remember Higgins seemed to be more devastated than others and he was angry, promising vengeance and winning in 07!

:hlogo: hristopher :hlogo: iggins

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

"Some guys are taking shifts off, or parts of shifts, and the result is odd-man breaks against us," he said. "Our neutral zone play was awful. It was embarrassing.

It's sad that it takes a second year player to say this, but it looks like Higgins is more vocal than i though. Looks like he could be a leader on the team for a really long time.

I love how people make big assumptions from one single sentence.

Higgins just pointed out the obvious. I think its more the sign of basic functionning mental faculties than leadership.

Pointing out what needs to be done and having others follow you toward it, now that's usually the definition of leadership.

That being said, Higgins does have a good attitude. So does Chipchura and Plekanec. That's three kids there with a serious attitude the Habs are lucky to have.

Was this not part of the reason he was picked by the Canadiens? This is a similar quality that Chipchura has. Those players are very valuable in themselves. They are the ones who raise others around them.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

That being said, Higgins does have a good attitude. So does Chipchura and Plekanec. That's three kids there with a serious attitude the Habs are lucky to have.

Yes it looks like we got our centre's for the future there for the first three lines. But they are all in a way very good in defence, 2 way players. I think we also need a player that can put up big numbers on the top line (well maybe Higgins can be that person, we have to wait how they all grow) It's not like our two top line centre's produce high the last couple of years. But i think we need it

Yes it looks like we got our centre's for the future there for the first three lines. But they are all in a way very good in defence, 2 way players. I think we also need a player that can put up big numbers on the top line (well maybe Higgins can be that person, we have to wait how they all grow) It's not like our two top line centre's produce high the last couple of years. But i think we need it

I'm not sure Higgins will go back to play center anytime soon. Maybe not before a few years. Even then, I dont think Higgins, Plex or Chips are going to be any better offensively than Saku or Ribs have been in recent years. Maybe Plekanec can turn into some sort of Elias with time, but otherwise the Habs really dont have any kind of bonafide big time #1 center in their system.

Higgins has grown so much on me as I love his dedication to wanting to win. HE is the ANIT-FLOATER and proves his worth every game. It is hard not to notice him and this makes it impossible to trade him.

Chipchura's name was mentioned in this thread and yes eventually he will be a Habs regular and I cannot wait.. :hlogo:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

I'm not sure Higgins will go back to play center anytime soon. Maybe not before a few years. Even then, I dont think Higgins, Plex or Chips are going to be any better offensively than Saku or Ribs have been in recent years. Maybe Plekanec can turn into some sort of Elias with time, but otherwise the Habs really dont have any kind of bonafide big time #1 center in their system.

I forgot, in my mind Chris is still a centre. But yeah we have 2 great centre's, but seriously need a new number 1 when Saku is done. But for the coming years it still will be enjoying him, the guy that made me a huge Habs Fan!

Chipcura and Higgins were actually both capitains of Canadian and American junior teams

Yep, and that to me is a sign of a player likely to become a real anchor on a team - maybe not on the scoresheet, but if you've led at every other level, presumably you can lead in the NHL, as long as you've got the skills to play in it.

Higgins and Chipchura, one of them will be the habs new captain when Koivu retires or gives up his captincy.

Couldn't agree more. I wonder if BG sees the obvious comparisions between himself and Higgins. I think there will definitely be a time when he is wearing the C.