Ribeiro Traded To Dallas

mathieu30

btw... i bough higgin's t-shirt yesterday... i planned to buy a latendresse one NEXT WEEK (coz i'm sure they are actually producing tender's one haha)... so now... i'm thinking that from tomorrow on... ribs' t-shirt will be like at 50% off...

--

*it's part of the carreer... and it's gonna be a new start for me...* - ribs

Link!?

well... ckac.com

??

but it's in french, so... dunno if cjad will have the english version :P

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ribeiro must be sad.. He could have had the chance to play with Samsonov and Kovalev and upgrade his value. I wonder who will be his teammates in Dallas.

Well the thing here is that we have a surplus of forwards and we really lack dmen who can play in the NHL (ahem traverse?!?!?!? hello?)

Ribeiro said he was sad and didn't expect it at all

He also said Dallas is a great city and he'll try to be friend with T.O.

hahaha funny mike

I feel for Dallas sports fans. They have Owens, Lindros, Ribeiro LOL. At least they don't have Rodgers anymore :P

Of course Ribs didn't expect this. I mean this was his FINAL chance to prove himself especially with Kovalev and Samsonov on his side.

Bob and Carbo definitely saw something and wanted him gone.

For those interested---- Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev is tonight's 2nd line.

Well, there goes the last of that triumvirate.

New character to the team. I trust that it'll be for the better.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

So I guess traverse is useless now?

Our defense looks like..

Markov - Komisarek

Souray - Rivet

Dadenault - Streit

Spares : Bouillon (IR) - Numimaa

or am I mistaking?

Wow, what a shock. What is it with Gainey handing out contracts then dealing the player away? Theodore, Ribeiro? Suprised Dallas took him. Thought they were pretty strong up the middle. Must be missing Arnott?

I like this deal. Montreal gets rid of a problem. Picks up a depth defensman, and even a higher draft pick albeit a 5th rounder.

Anybody have any idea what kind of money Niinima makes?

.. Niinimaa is nothing special. >_<

Ribiero was nothign special either ;)

We all know Ribeiro just signed a 1 year contract for 1.9 million.

TSN lists Niinimaa as 2.508 million against the cap this year. Does anyone know how long his current contract is?

Its kinda right there man..

Wow, what a shock. What is it with Gainey handing out contracts then dealing the player away? Theodore, Ribeiro? Suprised Dallas took him. Thought they were pretty strong up the middle. Must be missing Arnott?

I like this deal. Montreal gets rid of a problem. Picks up a depth defensman, and even a higher draft pick albeit a 5th rounder.

Anybody have any idea what kind of money Niinima makes?

its where i posted ;last

Kind of dissappointed for Ribs, I felt he was going to have a good year. I don't think we really got much for him. I would have hoped we got at least a better defenseman.

I sure hope Pleks or Bonk can fill in. For all the hoopla over Pleks, he is going to need to pick up the point totals this year. If he doesn't get over 60 points, we are in trouble.

As for Niinimaa, we don't need 6 defenseman that can be a 5/6 defense. We need someone at Markov's level at least to really get better. Perhaps another trade is in the works...

So now Dallas has Lindros and Ribeiro down the middle

:lol: I have to send Gainey a thank you card.

Add Hall of famer Modano to that list and you shouldn't be happy.

Interesting move ... BG must not have seen much improvement in Riberio to trade him for an underachiving Niinimaa ... either that or Carbo couldn't stand him ! :lol:

I mentioned this about a week or two ago that I thought Bonk would do really well inbetween Sammy and Kovalev .... it would be like it was in Ottawa when he was centering Alfredson and Hossa. he would be the defensive forward on that line that would allow Sammy and Kovy the chance to open it up ... Riberio COULD NOT be that guy. Plecks would be the other choice.

BG signing GUI got me really excited about opening day ... now this trade makes me extatic !

:ghg:

Edited by CaliHabsFan

Interesting move ... BG must not have seen much improvement in Riberio to trade him for an underachiving Niinimaa ... either that or Carbo couldn't stand him ! :lol:

I mentioned this about a week or two ago that I thought Bonk would do really well inbetween Sammy and Kovalev .... it would be like it was in Ottawa when he was centering Alfredson and Hossa. he would be the defensive forward on that line that would allow Sammy and Kovy the chance to open it up ... Riberio COULD NOT be that guy. Plecks would be the other choice.

BG signing GUI got me really excited about opening day ... now this trade makes me extatic !

:ghg:

woah.......... I'd love to see you on a coffee/chocolate high.......... ;)

:king: :hlogo: :king: