Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/15/08

KoZed

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell a big night from Price and Higgins.

Bruins won't score (no worries....I didn't say the word :P)

:clap:

Although Higgins wasn't "Huge", his 72% faceoff percentage was, especially late in the third.

Edited by Habitforming

1) Healey has been the wost hockey commentator I have ever heard. Having Millen for four games now, I think Healey may have some competition for that role. What a tool.

2) The best game of the series for many players on our team. Komisarek was Komisarek again. Great team defense and shot blocking.

3) I think the physical brutality is going to help us so much in the next rounds. Philly doesn't hit this much and the Pens are in for one bodychecking surprise. Even though many of the Habs players are wincing when going in to a corner, they are taking the hits and dishing them out. Toe to toe with a very tough team.

4) Exciting hockey X 10. This series is fun to watch. I love the tense feeling I have throughout the game. When Price took his mad dash to the blueline I almost shit myself. Holding on to a one goal lead with Boston raging around the net had me close to a seiure.

5) Leave Koivu and Bouillon out until the next series. Let them heal fully.

I can't wait until Thursday :hlogo:

1) Healey has been the wost hockey commentator I have ever heard. Having Millen for four games now, I think Healey may have some competition for that role. What a tool.

2) The best game of the series for many players on our team. Komisarek was Komisarek again. Great team defense and shot blocking.

3) I think the physical brutality is going to help us so much in the next rounds. Philly doesn't hit this much and the Pens are in for one bodychecking surprise. Even though many of the Habs players are wincing when going in to a corner, they are taking the hits and dishing them out. Toe to toe with a very tough team.

4) Exciting hockey X 10. This series is fun to watch. I love the tense feeling I have throughout the game. When Price took his mad dash to the blueline I almost shit myself. Holding on to a one goal lead with Boston raging around the net had me close to a seiure.

5) Leave Koivu and Bouillon out until the next series. Let them heal fully.

I can't wait until Thursday :hlogo:

:lol:

I'm sure there was alot of shit in many habs fans living rooms at that point.

To their credit, they respect the hell out of Price. But everything else is hilarious.

Well after Game 1 CBC asked Aaron Ward about Price being so good and poised at 20 and he said yes

he is really calm, he reminds me of Steve Penney. Yeah, that is exactly who Price reminds me of.

What an Ahole. I HATE THAT GUY!

Even after a night's sleep, i'm still giggling like a little girl! My Habs won a game in Boston. I just hope the Habs will be able to score the first goal on Thursday. That way the Bruins will just wither an die easily.

BY the way, i would n't be asking to play against the Flyers soo fast. They might not hit as much as the Bruins but they have alot more offensive talent up front, and can score more goals.

Let's finish off the Bruins before we start choosing who we want to play in the second round. We aren't there yet!

Even after a night's sleep, i'm still giggling like a little girl! My Habs won a game in Boston. I just hope the Habs will be able to score the first goal on Thursday. That way the Bruins will just wither an die easily.

BY the way, i would n't be asking to play against the Flyers soo fast. They might not hit as much as the Bruins but they have alot more offensive talent up front, and can score more goals.

Let's finish off the Bruins before we start choosing who we want to play in the second round. We aren't there yet!

Who other than the Sens present a better matchup? Jersey? Rangers? Pens?

The Flyers are scoring a ton of goals because both teams are playing wide open hockey.

The Habs went 4-0 against them this season including a 1-0 shutout.

Some fans want us to light up the Bruins and play firewagon hockey when the Bruins are a trapping team

now we are supposed to fear the Flyers because they are scoring?

Where is the confidence in the Canadiens abilities? Maybe the Flyers should wonder how they are going to shut

down the Habs while keeping their offense free flowing. Maybe they should wonder how Biron is going to outplay

Carey Price, maybe they should be concerned that Montreal is proving they can shut it down or go for broke.

The playoffs is about effort and determination. The Bruins gameplan was to take a pound of flesh and see if the Habs would

try to take their pound back. Well they have, they will not be intimidated on the front or backend. Philly can try the same thing

or Philly can try and open it up. I don't care, they should be the ones concerned, not us.

That was a pretty exciting game. Good work ethic and very solid defensive play. They matched Boston's intensity most of the night. Goaltending by Price was perfect. The habs really need to go all out for the next game so they can get a few extra days rest. They don't need this going any more games.

They need to come out with more intensity the next game and finish the job. The top 2 lines NEED to wake up, or atleast get some good scoring chances.

The little girl line was pathetic offensively again. The second line wasn't much better.

Funny how people are bashing the Bruins boards for saying things about the refs and cheapshots, since alot of posters here do the same thing. Oh, well what can you do.

That was a pretty exciting game. Good work ethic and very solid defensive play. They matched Boston's intensity most of the night. Goaltending by Price was perfect. The habs really need to go all out for the next game so they can get a few extra days rest. They don't need this going any more games.

They need to come out with more intensity the next game and finish the job. The top 2 lines NEED to wake up, or atleast get some good scoring chances.

The little girl line was pathetic offensively again. The second line wasn't much better.

Funny how people are bashing the Bruins boards for saying things about the refs and cheapshots, since alot of posters here do the same thing. Oh, well what can you do.

I think most people on here have said the refereing has been poor both ways. Nobody on here is screaming that Lucic is not a man

is a pussy, cheap shot artist. Most fans are like "Damn, I wish we had a player like Lucic!"

But the Habs have been winning, so who knows what ridiculous comments would end up on this board if the series was reversed.

There was certainly a ton of whining for a period and a half last night.

Who other than the Sens present a better matchup? Jersey? Rangers? Pens?

The Flyers are scoring a ton of goals because both teams are playing wide open hockey.

The Habs went 4-0 against them this season including a 1-0 shutout.

Some fans want us to light up the Bruins and play firewagon hockey when the Bruins are a trapping team

now we are supposed to fear the Flyers because they are scoring?

Where is the confidence in the Canadiens abilities? Maybe the Flyers should wonder how they are going to shut

down the Habs while keeping their offense free flowing. Maybe they should wonder how Biron is going to outplay

Carey Price, maybe they should be concerned that Montreal is proving they can shut it down or go for broke.

The playoffs is about effort and determination. The Bruins gameplan was to take a pound of flesh and see if the Habs would

try to take their pound back. Well they have, they will not be intimidated on the front or backend. Philly can try the same thing

or Philly can try and open it up. I don't care, they should be the ones concerned, not us.

I'm not saying that I don't want to play against the Flyers in the second round. I definitely believe our Habs can take care of them.

What I'm saying is let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's not be cocky or arrogant(i'm talking about us, the fans). Let's make sure that we beat the Bruins (in case some of you hadn'T noticed, we still need 1 more win) then we can worry about (or look forward to) playing against the Flyers or the Rangers or the Devils!

I think most people on here have said the refereing has been poor both ways.

Agreed, the first 3 penalties last night should not have been called. Lousy reffing (for both teams)!

I know I'd like to see him on the habs. Who knows, maybe 4 or 5 years down the line, Lucic and Latendresse will be the two premier Power forwards in the League!?

I'm not saying that I don't want to play against the Flyers in the second round. I definitely believe our Habs can take care of them.

What I'm saying is let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's not be cocky or arrogant(i'm talking about us, the fans). Let's make sure that we beat the Bruins (in case some of you hadn'T noticed, we still need 1 more win) then we can worry about (or look forward to) playing against the Flyers or the Rangers or the Devils!

do you really think it's getting ahead of ourselves though?

From the drop of the puck I have been voting for the Flyers. If the Habs win they get the Flyers, if they lose, I could give a ###### what happens

in the playoffs. Philly or Washington.

So I am pulling for Philly in anticipation of the Habs winning.

Every series will present it's challenges. I fear Philly the least.

I am hoping for Philly/Montreal and Rangers/Pittsburgh. Then a Rangers/Habs Eastern Conference final for Price/Roy symmetry purposes :)

Then wipe out the Flames in 5 in the Finals :clap:

One can dream

What a great pic

I love the look on Higgins face and the fan on the right giving it the WOO WOO!!

Edited by Wamsley01

What a great pic

So true. And it looks like Breezer still uses a wooden stick. Pretty heavy shot from the old-school lumber!

do you really think it's getting ahead of ourselves though?

Yes I do. the habs haven't won anything just yet. There is still one win to get! Look at what our habs did to these same pooh-bears in 2004...we were down 3 games to 1, and stormed back with 3 straight wins. Theoretically, the Bruins could do the same to us.

As far as the flyers are concerned, i agree with you. I'd rather face them in the second round rather than the Rangers.

But like I said previously, we aren't there just yet!

Edited by Habsfan

I think most people on here have said the refereing has been poor both ways.

I'd say if one team got the shafted a bit more, it would be the Bruins. I've probably counted more questionable calls against them than us, but it's not that big of a difference, and we didn't score a powerplay goal following any of those calls (while they DID score their OT winner following a questionable call).

Nobody on here is screaming that Lucic is not a man

is a pussy, cheap shot artist. Most fans are like "Damn, I wish we had a player like Lucic!"

Yeah, from the first game a I saw Lucic, that's what I thought. Tough hockey player, who can fight, hit, score, and was the Memorial Cup MVP to boot. The people who said he wouldn't even be on our NHL team now can eat their words, he's one of the best players in this series.

Damn you Ben Maxwell!! :lol:

But the Habs have been winning, so who knows what ridiculous comments would end up on this board if the series was reversed.

Oh, it would be awash in shameless whining. Really, fans are pretty much the same wherever you go, in terms of homerism. I do, however, hold the opinion that Boston fans are generally bigger loudmouth a-holes than most, judging from what I've seen and heard from supporters of the Pats, Sox, and now Celtics and Bruins.

Anyways, I also agree that Philly is the best opponent for the second round available, even better than Ottawa. They have dangerous offensive threats, yes, and a unique player in Richards, but we have better D, goaltending, and last I checked our offense was first in the league over the year. If it's a run and gun series, we have the strength on the back end to cover our mistakes that they lack. Seriously, they have Timmonen and Cobourn on D, and then... Hatcher? A washed up thug? If we do indeed face them next round, I expect a big resurgence from the Kovalev line.