Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Versus commentators (USA) are far less Bruins-friendly than the CBC

and with a minute left, didn't use the "S Word" like CBC did . . .

Agreed,,,,,VS. very much Habs fans!!!!! Kudos

A shutout in game 7 = HUGE = CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

Koivu? You can never doubt what he brings to this team. NEVER! I realized tonight how inspired KOMI is when Koivu is in the line up. The torch will be past in a the way it should be one day. Here's to our future captain THE KOMI!!!!!!!!! and here's to our captain. KOIVU!!!!!!!!

WHO'S THE MAN?koivu_70301.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!!!! OLEEEE! OLE!

WHOOOOOO!!!!!

Anybody else shed a tear of relief after this one? I just did. :rolleyes:

:hlogo:

Agreed,,,,,VS. very much Habs fans!!!!! Kudos

A shutout in game 7 = HUGE = CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

Koivu? You can never doubt what he brings to this team. NEVER! I realized tonight how inspired KOMI is when Koivu is in the line up. The torch will be past in a the way it should be one day. Here's to our future captain THE KOMI!!!!!!!!! and here's to our captain. KOIVU!!!!!!!!

WHO'S THE MAN?koivu_70301.jpg

The man is Savu Koiku !

Finally Cherry says something good for the Habs :clap:

I still hate the dick though.

CBC 3 Stars:

1. Price

2. Kovalev

3. Koivu

I dont know about you guys, but I felt like crying after the 4th goal :) :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Havent felt a win like that since game 2 in 93 <vs. LA> (not kidding). This was huge. Especially price's performance.

Well...the turnaround vs. Boston a few years back was big deal too....but I got a feeling about this team now.

BTW, hats off to Boston. Im serious.

From what I saw, Boston showed great class during the handshake. Lucic, Savard and Thomas in particular. That's always nice to see.

Finally Cherry says something good for the Habs :clap:

I still hate the dick though.

A couple of games ago he said Carey Price is the real deal and hands down the rookie of the year. Say what you want about Cherry, he knows the game as good as or better than anyone on the planet. The guy gives credit where credit is due, every time...so his favourite team is the B's, I can live with that.

A couple of games ago he said Carey Price is the real deal and hands down the rookie of the year. Say what you want about Cherry, he knows the game as good as or better than anyone on the planet. The guy gives credit where credit is due, every time...so his favourite team is the B's, I can live with that.

Yes, except his favourite team seems to be the Leafs...till they lose.

Anyone with more than one "favourite team' loses credibility as a fan IMO.

Yes, except his favourite team seems to be the Leafs...till they lose.

Anyone with more than one "favourite team' loses credibility as a fan IMO.

Well the Leafs and CBC are his bread and butter, so he kind of has to.......or he'd be broke working on Bostons hurtin network with rick middleton....

As some say....He's a good egg.

Whoever scores the next goal will win the game.

You heard it here first.

Good call :clap:

Smokes was soooo slow on all of those long passes he got, but hey at least he got to them so he must be doing something right! ^_^

Habs are incredible when they are againts the wall. I expected a win by a wide margin.. but didn't expect 5 goals + a shutout! WOW

I hope the Flyers win tomorrow! We are great againts them and Knuble is out. Should be a great series. Plus the Rangers can take care of the Penguins for us.

Good Evening Boys. What a game by our boys. The Atmosphere in the Bell Centre was simply NUTS!!! Once again I find myself without any voice (it'll probably be worse tomorrow morning)!!!

Our boys finally played their game and not the bruins game and it paid off!

Carey was CLUTCH, and the veterans played good games. The Kostitsyn Brothers thanked Carbonneau with 5 points for letting them play together!

Once the gme was over I went out into the streets of Downtwon and I walked for a little bit. It was just as crazy outside as inside the Bell Centre. in a 20 block radius from the Bell Centre, you could hear fans cheering and car horns honking! even 1 hour after the game, people were still screaming and partying in the streets! Incredible!

I know it's only one round, but what a way to finish a 1st round.

BY the way, the amount of respect i have for the Bruins has just shot up. These guys weren'T supposed to be in the playoffs, yet took us to a game 7. Kudoes to the Bruins!

I am gonna sleep like a baby tonight!!!

Edited by Habsfan

What a game!!! I that hope seeing what Koivu brings to our play for the past two games will shut up some of Saku's doubters over the season. Bear in mind as well that he's still probably not playing at 100% cos he's barely off crutches (not that he'd ever let that show).

Anyway, let's hope our guys can play like this for the entirety of the next series!!! Go Habs Go!!!

saku_koivu.jpg

I'm sitting back and savoring the little bottle of bubbly that I've had chilling for days now...thank God I'm drinking to celebrate rather than drown sorrows. The boys came out and attacked...and it was almost too easy. Where was that forecheck the past 5 games? I hope there's a lesson learned here for next series: ATTACK ALL THE TIME!!!

Edited by sbhatt

I hope the Flyers win tomorrow! We are great againts them and Knuble is out. Should be a great series. Plus the Rangers can take care of the Penguins for us.

No way I want to face Briere and Biron. Briere would love nothing better than to diss the fans who dissed him for taking the money, and we all know the tendency of French Canadian goalies versus the Habs. Also, the Flyers have put quite a few guys on the IR this season, I don't particularly like the thought of them head hunting us.

Plus, how awesome for hockey would a Pens v. Caps series be?

Someones going to have to explain who this chick is.

Yvonne Strahovski, from the TV show Chuck.

Never have I been happier to be completely wrong. This team has done this to me all year. They just won't let me count them out!!! :P I have seen a lot of crucial games in my 50 years of watching the Habs, but this one has to rank up there with the best, even if it was only a first round victory.

I intend to read all of this thread tomorrow, but right now I'm going to bed extemely happy...

- Jack

The strongest moment of the game happened during a commercial brake. the entire time during the commercial everyone in the building was standing and singing. It was beautiful to witness. Gave me goosebumps!

It was a great night!!!

The strongest moment of the game happened during a commercial brake. the entire time during the commercial everyone in the building was standing and singing. It was beautiful to witness. Gave me goosebumps!

It was a great night!!!

I thought it sounded like singing when they came back from the break. What was being sung?

Habs ended the series the same way they started it.

All the games in between were just experience and lessons for the following series. Call it internship games!

Next we get Philly. Yes we do. Because we won't meet the Rags until the 3rd round. Yes we will, because NY will "upset" Pittsburgh and give us our lucky break there.