Oct. 11/08 | Habs vs. Maple Leafs | Game Thread

Habsfan84

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K...kinda off topic here but...

For those watching RDS, there's this beer commercial with 2 guys scarfing down pizza before entering a party. They enter, drop pizza, and all the guys rush for it while they go join the ladies.

I SWEAR that Richard Zednik is one of the guys going for the pizza. He's got a pretty distinct face and if i'm not mistaken, his wife is in QC showbiz. Anyone else notice that?

Kinda??

Haha, I wish I would have seen the commercial.

What was Moore thinking hitting Komi from behind like that??

Has he never seen the replay of his brother being Bertuzzi'ed :blink:

Interesting, I never knew that was his brother.

The announcers were complaining about it too.

They do have a point, Carbo shave been using using the bottom 2 lines more often going into the 3rd period with a 6-1 lead. Had it been the other way around, we'd be whining about how disrespectful they were.

I think Carbo using a serious PP unit so late in the game was his way of giving Ron Wilson the finger in response to the rough stuff the Leafs started with towards the end. If you've got guys running people and trying to start fights in a blowout, you're not exactly 'living by the code' either.

Edited by sbhatt

They do have a point, Carbo shave been using using the bottom 2 lines more often going into the 3rd period with a 6-1 lead. Had it been the other way around, we'd be whining about how disrespectful they were.

Good point, but like they said, it is early in the year, and it's good practice to have your PP units out as much as possible.

I don't blame Carbo one bit, in fact I applaud him.

We send a message them a message, and as sbhatt said, for all their shit they were disturbing at the end.

These are our rivals who cares if we run them out of their own barn.

Suck it up because it's going to be a long year leafs :):)

I guess the announcers didn't notice we started shooting for posts, croosbars and leaf ensignas from mid game in?

Didn't matter who was out, we didn't try to run it up. We made it interesting! LMAO

I have to say though, the Laughs are 1 or 2 players away from a cup!

No wait. That is 21 players!

again, LMAO

And then, that would only give them a shot at the Lady Bing!

Talk about suckage!

You know, the way we got that goal back and then sat on the 5 goal lead, I thought the team had picked a 5 goal spread. We didn't run it up, whine some more, Laughables.

You know, the way we got that goal back and then sat on the 5 goal lead, I thought the team had picked a 5 goal spread. We didn't run it up, whine some more, Laughables.

:lol::lol:

All I can say is that Kovalev looks absolutely ferocious. If he keeps playing like that, I may have to rethink my standard argument that he is the player we're least likely to re-sign. You can't let a player THAT good go.

Lats looked extemely effective, too. Very, very promising.

Beyond that, this wasn't really a test; the Leafs are absolutely horrendous. Nonetheless, good teams win 6-1 against teams that they SHOULD beat 6-1, and ours did, so the first test is passed. :clap:

Ugly goal by the leafs, but instantaneous comeback by koivu and lats!

6-1

go lats go, im really impressed with him

Can anyone say they really can't see a difference in his skating?? I think it's obvious this kid is hungry for more action. During the PP's he parked his butt in the crease and was responsible for at least 3 goals!

Great night for the Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse line...actually, it was a great night for everyone on the Habs!

I especially enjoyed hearing the HabsFans in Toronto signing Olé, Olé, Olé!! Priceless!!!

so the first test is passed.

The real tests are gonna come on Monday in Philly and Wednesday at the "Phone Booth" against the pooh-Bears!

All I can say is that Kovalev looks absolutely ferocious. If he keeps playing like that, I may have to rethink my standard argument that he is the player we're least likely to re-sign. You can't let a player THAT good go.

Lats looked extemely effective, too. Very, very promising.

Beyond that, this wasn't really a test; the Leafs are absolutely horrendous. Nonetheless, good teams win 6-1 against teams that they SHOULD beat 6-1, and ours did, so the first test is passed. :clap:

You really think Kovy is not likely to be resigned?

He has looked great, if he has a good year this year (equal or better than last) than we have to resign him.

Edited by MMPL

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Leafs. When was the last time we won this easilly at the Air Canada Centre?

Can anyone say they really can't see a difference in his skating?? I think it's obvious this kid is hungry for more action. During the PP's he parked his butt in the crease and was responsible for at least 3 goals!

That's the part people used to whine the most about, and he worked on it.

What will really set him apart though is his skills with the puck. Beautiful cross-ice pass to Hamrlik for a goal; and great shot on a feed by Koivu.

Notice: both plays happened when Lats was on the right half of the rink. I'll always maintain my position that Lats is more dangerous on the right-wing than the left.

I missed parts of the 3rd period. What happened between Moore and komisarek??

Komisarek hit Moore in the corner (knocked him down, but clean).

Moore retaliates with a slash as he is getting up (ref raises hand for penalty)

Komi skates towards the net as Halak makes a save.

Moore follows and crosschecks Komi down (from behind/blindsighted) after the whistle.

Komi gets to his knees and Moore knocks him down again.

Linesman comes in but by that time Moore is running for his life as Komi is now on his feet.

Ref gives Moore a Slash and Rough penalty.

Komi laughs it off on the bench as he knows he gets to play Moore 5 more times.

Well...i yelled go habs go for all i was worth...despite coming down with a cold;

I cheered as hard as i could until the final horn...and I got some great ole chants going post-game!!!

A few things from the game: Live

1-Koivus line got too much icetime...Kovys has to stay on the number one PP unit!!

2-Koivu-Lang-Kovalev (LD) tanguay (RD) markov should be our first PP unit

3-Tanguay looked solid on the PP; seemed like hes found line chemistry with saks

4- Halak played wonderful....give him the nod anytime we play back to back nights

5-Chips participated in warmup but didn't play :wacko:

6-Obyrne played a lot better than last night in buffalo (as I also was there live)

7- Collective effort to remain disciplined and stay out of the box

:hlogo:

Edited by l<OV4L3V