Canadiens @ Avalanche | Slaughter Thread

Fanpuck33

No Sakic, no Stastny, and no goaltending = no excuse for the Habs not to win this damn game

This game will tell me if they have truly quit or not

Yeah right, goaltending isn't even our biggest problem.

Foote and Hensick won't be playing either.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we lost to the likes of Atlanta , Tampa and the Leafs I'm not even confident to call this one a sure thing.

<div align='centre'>http://www.sportslogos.net/images(27)Kovalev - (11)Koivu - (6)Kostopoulos

(67)Pacioretty - (40) Lapierre - (36)D'Agostini

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (21)Higgins - (25)Dandenault

(74)S.Kostitsyn - (22)Begin - (17)Laraque

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek

(44)Hamrlik - (71)Brisebois

(51)Bouillon - (26)Gorges

Hopefully i am wrong, but to me the lines seem to be like drawn out of a hat. Makes little sense to have Kosto with Koivu and Kovy. Much better fit for SK or even rather see Laraque given a chance there. But Carbo seems to have a habit of testing some weird combos.

Would also like to see AKostits play with Koivu sometime soon.

This is what the team needed from Price in Edmonton... Hold them in until they get a break or two. Kudos to Halak, who gave the team every chance in Calgary and is doing it again... This is why I was happy with Halak in Calgary and dissappointed in Price in Edmonton. Halak gave then a chance and the team let him down. In Edmonton, the team was doing okay and Price let them down.

Now let's see if the boys can do better then one and start pulling away tonight.

Cube scored his 2nd in 3 game.

Hope that kills the Scratch Bouillon Campaign

Same for Breezy.. he is more of a positive these days then a negative, as long as his ice time is kept reasonable. He brings that first pass, the rush, and he actually shoots. I am glad Boo boo is starting to use his skating like Breezy and putting some shots on net.

Komi can't shoot, Hammer can, but too often turns it over, and Markov just won't shoot. (that boggles my mind, his wrister is more dangerous then most other's slappers).

Ack! PP... please no shorties boys!

I like the K-K-K line, put Kovy and Koivu on the ice together and force them to work out the shit and bond as players. Kosto has been a go-to guy and his work ethic and grit are a very good third piece.

Go Habs Go!!!

I never thought there was anything wrong between Koivu and Kovalev. Carbo usually keeps them apart because they play a similar game, so it would make sense to spread it around the lines.

Yeah who really knows, of course the media in Montreal knows that gossip and scandal sells papers and the Koivu-Kovalev 'problems' may be a fiction. But I disagree that they play a similar game, I think Kovy has a style all his own ^_^

Breezer scores!

So let's see: last 4 Habs goals: Bouillon twice, Dandeneault and Brisebois.

It's the revenge of the unloved Q d-men!

LOL, no kidding.. now if we could get our defensive guys playing defense and Markov scoring.. we might have a chance..

Sure can't rely on our speedy, talented forwards. :)

What a difference it makes when you get some key saves, eh?!

Halak keeps the boys from hanging their heads and quitting long enough for them to build a nice little lead.

If Price is in there stinking it up, it's likely the Avs score first and they're headed into the abyss again. Let's hope Halak can keep it up...this team is still fragile.

So, I almost forget about the game and tune in at the beginning of the second period and I'm "treated" to some crappy "flashback coverage." It's black and white and they're intentionally splattering up the picture to make it look old. Seriously? I'm paying for this? Give me the stinking TSN feed!