Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

nothing bad about speculation for fun out of boredom, but I don't agree fully with your lines. Your players...yes...but not the lines

Samsonov-Koivu-Dumont

Higgins-Crosby-Perezhogin

Kostitsyn-Ribeiro-Johnson

Begin-Plekanec-Latendresse

Thats what I'd like....If given those players.

That's why I said shuffle at will :D:D

I'm not the best at putting lines together. That's Carbo's job.

I don't like the idea.

Pittsburgh has Malkin and Crosby and along with Ovechkin they will be the most entertaining combo in the NHL since... Ever!

I think Mario realize that his team is in the building a dynasty-team and the only thing that can stop him from doing it is cap space and they russian hockey federation.

I also don't think it's a good idea to change too much. Remeber what the Canes coach said after the series versus the Habs? Who knows? If Saku didn't get that eye injury it might have been the Canadiens who had lifted the cup.

And finaly if I had Crosby on my team I would make him centre the first line.

Samsonov-Crosby-Dumont

Higgins-Koivu-Perezhogin

Plekanec-Ribeiro-Johnson

Murray-Begin-Kostitsyn

FYI, here is what "Code" has said about the Habs during todays public chat.

The Islanders do want Komisarek but Bob refuses to trade him.

The Habs are still trying to sign Dumont and plan on doing so...They will then trade Bonk. They are still trying to land Briere...but they would rather sign Dumont. Apparently it is all up to Bob to make Dumont a habs.

Marleau is almost certain to be traded but he did not say where...but said Edmonton and Columbus are now in the mix. Montreal inquired but have not made an offer. SJ wants a young roster player and 2 prospects.

Shockers:

The Devils are believed to be shopping Brodeur!

T. Ruutu is on the block

The Habs are still trying to sign Dumont and plan on doing so...They will then trade Bonk. They are still trying to land Briere...but they would rather sign Dumont. Apparently it is all up to Bob to make Dumont a habs.

Marleau is almost certain to be traded but he did not say where...but said Edmonton and Columbus are now in the mix. Montreal inquired but have not made an offer. SJ wants a young roster player and 2 prospects.

Shockers:

T. Ruutu is on the block

thats a great adding to that wounderfull thread :clap:

now get me that ruutu guy

Shockers:

T. Ruutu is on the block

I think it would be smart to shop Brodeur. He is still worth something but honestly,he is also sliding down the hill most here and probably Brodeur himself would deny. To free up cap space Lou needs to do something with Mogilny, man that situation sucks.

All you guys here complain about Bonk, things could be worse. At least Bonk leaves some hope in the future.

Let's trade Bonk and for Mogilny and Brodeur.

So what exactly is Bob waiting for to sign Dumont if Bonk would be traded after. Pull a Lou ....sign, sign, sign and figure it out later. I love the CAP it keeps things very interesting.

Shockers:

T. Ruutu is on the block

1. Briere or Dumont would be great.

2. Marleau would be super great.

3. Why would Lou trade a guy who took a paycut just to help out the team.

4. GET HIM NOW BOB!!!!!!!!

:hlogo:

I don't like the idea.

Pittsburgh has Malkin and Crosby and along with Ovechkin they will be the most entertaining combo in the NHL since... Ever!

I think Mario realize that his team is in the building a dynasty-team and the only thing that can stop him from doing it is cap space and they russian hockey federation.

See now that's the great thing about the cap. As mario's team gets closer and closer to being a dynasty it will be torn apart. Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal, that bone head kid who plays with Crosby, they are all going to demand huge cash just around dynasty time. Not to even mention the supporting cast.But then again the cap will probably be 80 million by then.

Shockers:

T. Ruutu is on the block

:mellow::huh::unsure::o:blink::D

I am beginning to wonder if BG is going to sign Dumont. Hearing all these rumours floating around makes one think that maybe there is some truth to it. As far as Marleau and Briere goes, I think that is just wishful thinking, because they would really upset the chemistry of the team with what you would have to give up to get them.

One thing I can't understand is, why would Washington take on Bonk's $2+million salary when they could go after someone like Dumont or Carter for the same amount of money. It just doesn't make any sense to me. For them to say, "Oh okay Bob we'll take your overpaid underachiever to relieve some of your cap space so you can improve your team."

Can anyone explain the logic of them taking on Bonk.

I am beginning to wonder if BG is going to sign Dumont. Hearing all these rumours floating around makes one think that maybe there is some truth to it. As far as Marleau and Briere goes, I think that is just wishful thinking, because they would really upset the chemistry of the team with what you would have to give up to get them.

One thing I can't understand is, why would Washington take on Bonk's $2+million salary when they could go after someone like Dumont or Carter for the same amount of money. It just doesn't make any sense to me. For them to say, "Oh okay Bob we'll take your overpaid underachiever to relieve some of your cap space so you can improve your team."

Can anyone explain the logic of them taking on Bonk.

The only logic would be if guys like Carter or Dumont were only willing to look at multi-year deals but Washington felt they weren't worth multi-year deals. Since Bonk is going into his last year, his salary would help them reach the floor this season but would leave them with the flexibility to sign bigger free agents next summer. Not saying this is the case, but it is one explanation...

The only logic would be if guys like Carter or Dumont were only willing to look at multi-year deals but Washington felt they weren't worth multi-year deals. Since Bonk is going into his last year, his salary would help them reach the floor this season but would leave them with the flexibility to sign bigger free agents next summer. Not saying this is the case, but it is one explanation...

Yep, you're right, that could be the reason, but I just can't believe they would take on that salary, even if it was just for a year....but who knows, stranger things have happened.

TSN just reported that the Habs have not contacted Dumont.

True...but check out Eklunds article today. Could it be that the agent is trying to stir the pot...why didn't he say other teams did not offer a contract?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2670

True...but check out Eklunds article today. Could it be that the agent is trying to stir the pot...why didn't he say other teams did not offer a contract?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2670

I have to say, usually I take what Eklund says with a grain of salt, but that was a very good argument and it gives me a feeling of hope again.

I've been thinking all along that BG does not want it known that he has a deal with Dumont because then teams will offer less in whatever deal he is trying to make.

By making the trade first, there is nothing to say that he needs to make room.

Besides hasn't Dumont's deadline passed like 3 days ago. Coincidence?

This just in............. :rolleyes:

From another site:"according to hockey-leaks.blogspot.com the habs redwings and flyers will complete a trade on monday augst 28th that will be sending to the habs gangen to detroit rj umberger, niko dimitrakos and mike riberio and to phily sheldon souray josh langfeld and a habs 2nd round pick

and he also has sources that jp dumont will probably land in a habs jersey this year"

This is a direct quote....spelling mistakes and all.... :king:

From another site:"according to hockey-leaks.blogspot.com the habs redwings and flyers will complete a trade on monday augst 28th that will be sending to the habs gangen to detroit rj umberger, niko dimitrakos and mike riberio and to phily sheldon souray josh langfeld and a habs 2nd round pick

and he also has sources that jp dumont will probably land in a habs jersey this year"

I can't wait to see that gangen guy :P

Not even worth typing. The guy sounds like he may be a little retarted. FOR REAL., but smart enough to mess with people on line.

Again, just because I like to talk about speculation, I obviously would love to see this deal happen. Gagne coming to Montreal would be a move that makes us legitimate Cup contenders, and giving up Souray and a second round pick is way too reasonable. It will never happen, but I would obviously be all for it.

and what exactly does the redwings have to give ??

gotta love the fact that langfed played in boston last year and does not appear on the detroit roster

thats exactly what this thread is all about :lool: