GDT: Pittsburgh at Montreal, Jan. 12, 1930 EST

lazy26

Pittsburgh Penguins (26-14-4) at Montreal Canadiens (24-16-3)

mon_comp.gif

• Pouliot - Plekanec - Darche
  • Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
  • Eller - Desharnais - Pyatt
  • Moen - Halpern - Kostitsyn

• Hamrlik - Wisniewski
  • Gill - Subban
  • Spacek - Weber

• Price

• Scratches: Picard*
  • Injuries: Cammalleri*, Gorges, Markov

pit_comp.gif

• Kunitz - Malkin - Dupuis
  • Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
  • Connor - Talbot - Rupp
  • Adams - Letestu - Jeffrey

• Letang - Orpik
  • Martin - Michalek
  • Goligoski - Engelland

• Fleury

• Scratches:
  • Injuries: Crosby, Asham, Godard, Comrie

Montreal's lines are a complete guess at this point. They represent what was together for most of last night's game. Cammalleri may actually play tonight, but I haven't heard a confirmation or denial yet (probably will seconds after posting this).

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Pouliot-Plekanec-Darche...... ???

You would think that with all of Pacioretty, Pouliot, Eller and Desharnais on the team, we could reasonably expect at least one of them to surprise us and be a relied upon top 6er for us. There should be no need for Darche on the 1st line & PP.

How come players can celebrate after a goal but if a goalie does, it's showboating?

I never said he couldn't celebrate.. he could just up and down, be excited, run at his team.. he stuck a pose on how great he was... that is different and just provokes the other team.

It would be like an out player scoring, then pointing to the goalie and winking.... don't you think that Goalie will remember that slight?

Its not a big deal, but there is no point giving another team motivation.

I never said he couldn't celebrate.. he could just up and down, be excited, run at his team.. he stuck a pose on how great he was... that is different and just provokes the other team.

It would be like an out player scoring, then pointing to the goalie and winking.... don't you think that Goalie will remember that slight?

Its not a big deal, but there is no point giving another team motivation.

Who cares? Celebrating is accepted in football, basketball, baseball and soccer.

Pouliot-Plekanec-Darche...... ???

You would think that with all of Pacioretty, Pouliot, Eller and Desharnais on the team, we could reasonably expect at least one of them to surprise us and be a relied upon top 6er for us. There should be no need for Darche on the 1st line & PP.

I don't get it either.

If you are going to put that line together, at least have Eller-Desharnais-AK46 together, but those three are also crippled as well.

I guess we are differing on the difference between celebrating and taunting. :)

Who cares? Celebrating is accepted in football, basketball, baseball and soccer.

Pleks scores... from Darche... lol

I don't get it either.

If you are going to put that line together, at least have Eller-Desharnais-AK46 together, but those three are also crippled as well.

Price better back up his bravado tonight.. the Pens saw his pose, and they remember it. I thought it was dumb, since it wasn't celebrating, it was taunting, imo.

personally, given the losing stretch they had gone through, I was glad to see it - shows his mojo was back.

yeh, but that pass looked more of a broken play - Darche was setup perfectly by Pouliot on that play. that was a perfect won timer pass that could have been buried by a scorer.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Is spiking a football taunting? Is TO signing the ball taunting? Is Shaq hanging on the rim for an extra three seconds taunting? Is a soccer player throwing off his shirt and doing cartwheels taunting?

These plays happen every game, especially in football where players sometimes celebrate after routine plays (a sack or tackle). I don't see why crossing your arms and posing (what Price did) wouldn't belong in that group. It's just that hockey has a different culture, one in which people are supposed to "respect the code" and thus any signs of excitement from personalities like Omark, Subban, Ovechkin and Price (lol) is seen as disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. I wish we saw more celebrations in hockey.

How many last 10 second goals is this team going to ######ing give up!!

You can't give up momentum killing goals like that and they do it over and over and over again.

Edited by Wamsley01

So many late goals. And another stupid too many men penalty.

Price has made some really good saves, but he shoulda had the last 2 on the PP.

Man,do the Habs ever get caught with odd man rushes against them.

So many late goals. And another stupid too many men penalty.

Price has made some really good saves, but he shoulda had the last 2 on the PP.

Man,do the Habs ever get caught with odd man rushes against them.

I am all for accountability, but Spacek teed up a one-timer for Staal.

He wasn't too deep in his net. Letang and Spacek were battling along the boards the play looked to be moving into

the corner. Spacek wins the puck battle and Price follows the movement of the play towards Letang, by the time he picked

up the puck Staal was releasing the shot. He left a tiny opening under his arm and it snuck through.

It wasn't a great goal, but Spacek created that problem, he would have been better off firing it around the boards.

BTW, just because a goal is shortside, doesn't mean it is a bad goal. Both goals you considered soft were one-timers.

One through a screen set by Spacek, the other set up by Spacek.

I don't have a good feeling about tonight. They have been playing from behind way to much lately and it is going to

result in losses eventually.

Edited by Wamsley01

Didn't see much of this game. Can't say I'm sorry. It sounds like one of those no-show nights that all teams have from time to time and that you just have to file under "Forget It." Hopefully the boys get their act together next time out.