Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

44 minutes ago, DON said:

Add something "in the off-season" to help the 2019-20 version of the PP I am all for. Another top-4 puck moving LH d-man would be a start.

You're right, but with two of your most important players above 30; this team needs to be proactive, sooner than later. 

Next year is going to be a lot of the same, standings wise....

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

You're right, but with two of your most important players above 30; this team needs to be proactive, sooner than later. 

Next year is going to be a lot of the same, standings wise....

Dont share your pessimism obviously; but, to mortgage future this year is bit idiotic, aside from a hockey deal for player with term. And i think is great to hear Habs did little at deadline and didnt deal away picks.:clap:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DON said:

Dont share your pessimism obviously; but, to mortgage future this year is bit idiotic, aside from a hockey deal for player with term. And i think is great to hear Habs did little at deadline and didnt deal away picks.:clap:

I didnt want to mortgage the future, but I really thought that Lehkonen or Hudon could have been moving parts in a trade.

Hell, a third rounder for Brossard, was a really solid depth move. He would have been an excellent 4th liner for this team, who could play second PP.

47 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I didnt want to mortgage the future, but I really thought that Lehkonen or Hudon could have been moving parts in a trade.

Hell, a third rounder for Brossard, was a really solid depth move. He would have been an excellent 4th liner for this team, who could play second PP.

Another 4th liner? Really.

Yes many thought Hudon would move, but likely worth more to Habs for depth that what was offered. And Lehkonen seems a coach favourite, so i wouldnt expect him to go.

29 minutes ago, DON said:

Another 4th liner? Really.

Yes many thought Hudon would move, but likely worth more to Habs for depth that what was offered. And Lehkonen seems a coach favourite, so i wouldnt expect him to go.

Brassard is more of third liner, potentially second. I'm just saying he would have been an excellent depth move, at little cost. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Brassard is more of third liner, potentially second. I'm just saying he would have been an excellent depth move, at little cost. 

But, don't you think they made an excellent depth move for Weal for (basically) no cost to NHL roster or future assets. And after seeing that god-awful game yesterday, is good they didn't waste anything for the final 20 games of year..just my opinion. With Weber playing like Reilly this team is hooped!

10 minutes ago, DON said:

But, don't you think they made an excellent depth move for Weal for (basically) no cost to NHL roster or future assets. And after seeing that god-awful game yesterday, is good they didn't waste anything for the final 20 games of year..just my opinion. With Weber playing like Reilly this team is hooped!

Weber is starting to scare me a bit. I hope it's a minor injury, but he has lost a step the past 5 games 

• 2 weeks later...

I realize trades aren't going to happen until the end of the playoffs now, but what do you guys think about the following trades (roster tinkering type moves).

To Florida

Jonathan Drouin

Charlie Lindgren

- Panthers replace most of the lost offense from Huberdeau and get a much less expensive backup (I'm using backup loosely here based on the season Lindgren has had) option.

To Montreal

Jonathan Huberdeau

James Reimer

- Habs get a more reliable/consistent top 6 winger and a solid/reliable, but expensive backup.

There were rumors around Christmas that Florida had interest in Lindgren and there are rumors floating around now that they are trying to clear cap space to go after Panarin on July 1st.  With a lot of fans sounding like they are disappointed in Drouin's recent play, it seems like it might be time to move him before it becomes an issue with the team.  Is taking Reimer's bad contract back and giving the Panthers a player that they seemed interested in (Lindgren) enough to offset the difference between Drouin and Huberdeau or do the Habs have to add?

To Ottawa

Karl Alzner

- This doesn't really give the Sens anything except a big cap hit to help them get to the cap floor.  I suppose it also gives them an extra contract slot for this year.

To Montreal

Zack Smith

Mike Condon

- Both players can be demoted for a greater cap savings as opposed to just demoting Alzner on his own (a little over $2M by demoting both).  Smith is a Julien type player (gritty, aggressive, solid at both ends) while Condon would give the Habs a solid 3rd string option in Laval as opposed to McNiven who has no NHL playing experience and limited pro experience.

I can't take credit for this trade idea.  I seen it on another forum from another Habs fan, but I thought it was a great idea to put Alzner's wasted cap space to better use.  The bonus here is that Smith has one less year of term on his contract while Condon's contract expires after next season.  Their combined cap hit is only $25K more than Alzner's on his own.  The question becomes, does Ottawa do this without the Habs adding something to entice them (it would have to be something very small otherwise I wouldn't be interested in this deal) or do they do this at all?

I'm not sure what Bergevin has planned for his cap space in the offseason, but looking at the current options available as UFAs and the needs of the team, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fits.  On LD there is probably only Gardiner (who will get vastly over paid) and Edler (who likely resigns with the Canucks before July 1st, he's also a risky signing if there's term involved.  He's already 32).  The only game breaking talent up front would be Panarin (doubt he comes to Montreal.  I saw a rumor that indicated that Vancouver and Toronto were the only two Canadian teams he was considering) and maybe Duchene (Columbus will push hard to resign him after what they paid to get him).  That's why I chose to add over paid players (Reimer, Condon, and Smith) in the two deals.

24 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Why is Niemi still on the roster? I think he singlehandedly submarined the California trip.

Julien made the goaltending decision. And I don't think Niemi had much to with the drubbing we got in Anaheim, unless he was radiating some mighty bad vibes from the bench.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Julien made the goaltending decision. And I don't think Niemi had much to with the drubbing we got in Anaheim, unless he was radiating some mighty bad vibes from the bench.

I think the manner by which we lost to SJ had significant effect on the Ducks game.

21 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

I think the manner by which we lost to SJ had significant effect on the Ducks game.

Habs just suck vs Ducks-Sharks in california and so it continues.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, John B said:

To Ottawa

Karl Alzner

- This doesn't really give the Sens anything except a big cap hit to help them get to the cap floor.  I suppose it also gives them an extra contract slot for this year.

To Montreal

Zack Smith

Mike Condon

- Both players can be demoted for a greater cap savings as opposed to just demoting Alzner on his own (a little over $2M by demoting both).  Smith is a Julien type player (gritty, aggressive, solid at both ends) while Condon would give the Habs a solid 3rd string option in Laval as opposed to McNiven who has no NHL playing experience and limited pro experience.

I can't take credit for this trade idea.  I seen it on another forum from another Habs fan, but I thought it was a great idea to put Alzner's wasted cap space to better use.  The bonus here is that Smith has one less year of term on his contract while Condon's contract expires after next season.  Their combined cap hit is only $25K more than Alzner's on his own.  The question becomes, does Ottawa do this without the Habs adding something to entice them (it would have to be something very small otherwise I wouldn't be interested in this deal) or do they do this at all?

I don't get what's in it for Ottawa.  They save some money for 2019-20 but overall, they add salary long-term which is the one thing they're not going to want to do.  In terms of reaching the salary floor, it doesn't really help them much either - it's about a $300,000 increase.  They can just call someone up from the minors to make up that type of difference.  They're going to want expiring deals where the salary is lower than the AAV of the contract.  Alzner's not in that situation yet.

You might be onto something with Condon though.  His salary is $3 million next year and the hip issues that I was afraid of when he was with the Habs have finally caught up with him.  That's basically a sunk cost.  Could the Habs be enticed to eat his salary?  Given their aversion to dealing in the division for any reason now, probably not but who knows how cheap they'll go?

15 minutes ago, ehjay said:

okay Big If...

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-if-oilers-miss-playoffs-don-t-expect-mcdavid-to-ask-out-1.1273544

say McDavid asks out

MB stylez Price V. McDavid?

Missed the chance when PK got traded right?

Price has a full NMC, right? It will never happen.

EDM should trade one of their two big C for a huge package involving a legit #1G and a top-pairing D-man. But maybe they blew it fatally with that catastrophic Hall trade. You only get one of those.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 12:24 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

EDM should trade one of their two big C for a huge package involving a legit #1G and a top-pairing D-man. But maybe they blew it fatally with that catastrophic Hall trade. You only get one of those.

I'd still take Draisaitl and Lucic for Price and Weber with an eye to the future, but yes it'll never happen.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:24 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Call me a Mr. Bungle but I feel when MB traded PK it could hv been to EDM for McDavid probably would hv needed to drop something else with PK; EDM probably would not hv traded Hall, but what do I know maybe Drasaitl would hv been the offer :/

When I heard the rumors flying back then I would hv only traded PK (and something) for McDavid but I also remember a bunch here that thought that was Absurd :( 

(edit)

Neech I dont know about ur Lucic in that trade it seems like a loss for the Team, sry

• 3 weeks later...

I dont even want Babcock.  Hes overrated.

Watching him run the leafs, he should he doing more with that roster.

Things like insisting on keeping Hainsey on the top pair, keeping Hyman in the top 6, and other usage issues are holding that team back imo.

56 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont even want Babcock.  Hes overrated.

Watching him run the leafs, he should he doing more with that roster.

Things like insisting on keeping Hainsey on the top pair, keeping Hyman in the top 6, and other usage issues are holding that team back imo.

Good.  Let's hope you're right, and that it continues!

I so want TO to lose in the first round and the ensuing hullabaloo to push them into panic moves. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I propose we trade Kirk Muller for a diet coke. Second time round didn't work.  Move on.

He was responsible for the PP and the PP was a disaster, so it makes sense. But personally and irrationally, I just can't stand the thought of dumping Muller :( Move him to another role or something.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I propose we trade Kirk Muller for a diet coke. Second time round didn't work.  Move on.

He signed an extension before the season started so I imagine he'll stick around a little while longer.