Big Mike McCarron called up (and sent back down)

DON

Well this is a bit unexpected.

I can sense many are drooling at thought of him running over guys or putting the knuckles to the Lucic's (or Krieder) of the league, after jamming home a goal.

Sure makes Saturday game more interesting, if he dresses.

20yr old 6'6" 231 is 3rd in AHL rookie scoring, was leading rookies in minor penalties and just had his 2nd hat-trick of year.

Guest Stogey24

Maybe they want to have the most size in the press box with him and Tinner up there. They better make some extra hot dogs.

lol, two monsters for sure.

Yeah well, maybe we could use some muscle in the line up. not everyone wants to see the smurfette team again, and we are looking that way right now.

And isn't it safer for Big Mike to start on the wing and not at centre?

McCarron has been better as a centreman than as a winger.

It doesn't make a lick of sense, but he somehow is more comfortable and plays better with more responsibility on the ice.

Last I heard Big Mac IS suiting up against Dallas. That is very interesting. Here's to his first Gordie Howe Hatrick haha

There has been no official comment from the team saying whether he will or won't play. It's all speculation (or wishful thinking) right now.

They may just be taking this time to see him in a few practices since St. John's has already started their Christmas break.

There has been no official comment from the team saying whether he will or won't play. It's all speculation (or wishful thinking) right now.

They may just be taking this time to see him in a few practices since St. John's has already started their Christmas break.

I don't see why they send down Hudon if they're not going to play him. Like you mentioned, he's been in a mini slump lately as it is.

They can sit Carr, the shine's worn off him, even if he seems like a potential MT teacher's pet.

Pacioretty --Galchenyuk--McCarron yes please!!!!!!!!!! :halm:

You put a 20-year-old rookie, in his first NHL game, at RW (a position he hasn't played regularly for 2 years) and on the first line.

Woah, we might want to temper expectations on what these guys can do, just a little bit.

You put a 20-year-old rookie, in his first NHL game, at RW (a position he hasn't played regularly for 2 years) and on the first line.

Woah, we might want to temper expectations on what these guys can do, just a little bit.

Indeed! However, we often see a rookie come up and play a great game or two before sinking back to their proper level. So my thought would be, if there was ever a game in which to put him in the top-6, it's probably this one, when his adrenaline level is through the roof :)

• Upvote 1

I don't see why they send down Hudon if they're not going to play him. Like you mentioned, he's been in a mini slump lately as it is.

They can sit Carr, the shine's worn off him, even if he seems like a potential MT teacher's pet.

At first, I thought Hudon going down was making room for Smith-Pelly to be taken off IR (to get back to 23 on the roster). Whenever Smith-Pelly does get activated, it'll probably be McCarron going back - and despite the roster freeze, that can still happen (up until the 23rd). This could merely be as simple as giving him a little cash reward for a strong start and he'll be back in the minors in a few days.

I don't know what you have against Carr (between this and GDT comment). He's been fine, frankly better than Andrighetto lately. If I'm sitting someone to make room for McCarron, it's not Carr (though he may very well be the one that sits).

Well this is a bit unexpected.

I can sense many are drooling at thought of him running over guys or putting the knuckles to the Lucic's (or Krieder) of the league, after jamming home a goal.

Sure makes Saturday game more interesting, if he dresses.

20yr old 6'6" 231 is 3rd in AHL rookie scoring, was leading rookies in minor penalties and just had his 2nd hat-trick of year.

Well, Don, the least I can say is that you are showing great class and humility in starting this thread. Everybody knows that you are not a Big Mac fan, but you sure are passionate about the Habs. Thumbs up to you!

I think he is the last one from the ice to be rewarded for their play before Christmas. He will be assessed from his play and be sent down again to work on his game similarly to the ones before him. Like the others, he will be showcased. The Canadiens have taken stock in their top prospects and have filled a coverage void.

I think he is the last one from the ice to be rewarded for their play before Christmas. He will be assessed from his play and be sent down again to work on his game similarly to the ones before him. Like the others, he will be showcased. The Canadiens have taken stock in their top prospects and have filled a coverage void.

MB always sees if he can fill roles internally before making a trade. It's smart business, even if some of the players coming in are useless. (Hello Holloway!)

• Upvote 1

I'm all for dressing him for 4th line duty, and using him parked in front of the net on the powerplay. Nobody else has had the fortitude to fill the Gallagher role in his absence, so just maybe the biggest guy in our organization can do it?