Bergevin......

REV-G

Pacioretty should have been traded two years ago when his value was high enough that a GM could feel he was worth more than one of their top six centres.

Instead the club stays enslaved to his 35 goals a season like the guy they get back wouldn't score 25 goals and help the guys around him increase their scoring input. Nah instead it's 35 or nothing. Pacioretty is necessary. Accept his weak playoff performances.

Don't forget the irrational fear he's going to turn into Phil Kessel when he leaves, when he's not as good as Kessel and Toronto got nothing back for him. That's not an issue with Pacioretty... Unless they take too long to trade him. Which is where they are heading unless they re-sign him to what will likely be $8.5 million per season.

It's easy to be doomed when you ask for it.

What’s been going on here in Montreal is once our core group of players became our core group of players we stopped drafting and developing players. We are now seeing the results of that mistake. We have a very depleted farm system. There’s players on this team we probably should of traded 3 years ago but didn’t do to the fact we had no one that could replace them. So now we are just over paying them.  MB finds it hard to make trades because he is holding on to this core group of players and doesn’t want to trade any of them , as a result we don’t have the prospects to pull off a trade for a top 6 player. This is why drafting and development of players is so important. 

Guest Stogey24
10 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Just hoping that one of you out there has experienced sexual harassment at the hands of ol’ Bergy. The timing would be “magnifique”.

Don?

Don gave consent, so it doesn't count 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Don gave consent, so it doesn't count 

But he promised me some icetime on the 3rd pairing...it was after that he told me it would be for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.  :(

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, DON said:

But he promised me some icetime on the 3rd pairing...it was after that he told me it would be for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.  :(

Bastard 

Don, you must have a great agent. All I was offered was a volunteer based job as parking attendant for the building across the street from the rink of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits form MB. I said No. ;P 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Markov says Bergevin showed him no respect.

“As an athlete and a person who spent 16 years of my life in Montreal, I would’ve liked that they respected me, that’s all I asked from the team,” said Markov. “I’ll be honest with you. There were almost no talks between me and the Canadiens. I received two or three offers from them. They said: ‘You sign or you don’t sign.’ Nobody listened to me and nobody wanted to listen to me.”

We should have cut him lose whe he tore up his knee the second time and go a different direction.

Gionta tore  up of his arm muscles and MT made fun of him crying in his arms. Saku was not even offered a contract. In those cases the CH didn't show any respect. But Markov, geeze!

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Markov says Bergevin showed him no respect.

“As an athlete and a person who spent 16 years of my life in Montreal, I would’ve liked that they respected me, that’s all I asked from the team,” said Markov. “I’ll be honest with you. There were almost no talks between me and the Canadiens. I received two or three offers from them. They said: ‘You sign or you don’t sign.’ Nobody listened to me and nobody wanted to listen to me.”

And why I always maintained ..leadership starts from top down and starts by respecting the tradition of players that come by once in a decade or longer..and honour their loyalty and commitment.

MB shows his true colours.. He was quoted on Radulov " ...loyalty you only get from your dog...and no loyalty shown.." Well he turns around and roles reversed on Markov.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-andrei-markov-felt-disrespected-canadiens-bergevin/

Perhaps this is in back on current minds of the team or potential future members.

But from top down.. 

1. Molson should step down as President and appoint a hockey / or career sports executive ( Toronto, Chicago, and so forth .) Not many owners are also Presidents of their team.

2. Bergevin has lost all respect and integrity on this. And the tipping point of the fortunes of this team..

He will trade #27 for depth players I am sure and his so called more " Character "

He should lead by example and he himself should show " Character " in this case how he treated or perceived to treat Markov, a Career habs.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Gionta tore  up of his arm muscles and MT made fun of him crying in his arms. Saku was not even offered a contract. In those cases the CH didn't show any respect. But Markov, geeze!

I didn't interpret Therrien's comments about that as him making fun of Gionta.  Honestly, I interpreted it the exact opposite - Therrien going out of his way to talk about how desperately his captain wanted to play and how devastated he was that he couldn't suit up.

1 hour ago, HabsWEST said:

And why I always maintained ..leadership starts from top down and starts by respecting the tradition of players that come by once in a decade or longer..and honour their loyalty and commitment.

MB shows his true colours.. He was quoted on Radulov " ...loyalty you only get from your dog...and no loyalty shown.." Well he turns around and roles reversed on Markov.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-andrei-markov-felt-disrespected-canadiens-bergevin/

Perhaps this is in back on current minds of the team or potential future members.

But from top down.. 

1. Molson should step down as President and appoint a hockey / or career sports executive ( Toronto, Chicago, and so forth .) Not many owners are also Presidents of their team.

2. Bergevin has lost all respect and integrity on this. And the tipping point of the fortunes of this team..

He will trade #27 for depth players I am sure and his so called more " Character "

He should lead by example and he himself should show " Character " in this case how he treated or perceived to treat Markov, a Career habs.

In my opinion this team started to go down hill once molson took it over again. They didn't care when they owned it before and its the same  BS now with them.

The Last time a owner cared about this team and its fans was George Gillett.

2 minutes ago, Metallica said:

In my opinion this team started to go down hill once molson took it over again. They didn't care when they owned it before and its the same  BS now with them.

The Last time a owner cared about this team and its fans was George Gillett.

You think Molson isn't a diehard Hab fan and winning a cup is of little interest to him? Seriously?

And moreso than a Billionaire who simply bought couple fancy toys in Liverpool and the Habs...you think Gillette is still following the Habs? I would bet against it.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

You think Molson isn't a diehard Hab fan and winning a cup is of little interest to him? Seriously?

And moreso than a Billionaire who simply bought couple fancy toys in Liverpool and the Habs...you think Gillette is still following the Habs? I would bet against it.

When he owned the team he put people in place that brought respect back to the organization. It doesn't matter if he is following the habs he doesn't own them so doesn't have to. 

Molson doesn't care what's going on as long as they are making money.

24 minutes ago, Metallica said:

When he owned the team he put people in place that brought respect back to the organization. It doesn't matter if he is following the habs he doesn't own them so doesn't have to. 

I don't buy this for a second. 

Fact is.... even if you think all he cares about is making money, winning means making more money, so he cares about that. 

Again, this ownership doesn't care if they make money is a narrative. 

I'm sure he wants to win. 

Whether he is competent or incompetent in running a hockey team, we can debate that all day.  But desire to win? I'm sure he has desire.  The issue is if he's capable of turning the desire into wins. 

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Obviously making $$ is part of it, but he also knows what a Stanley cup would being in $$ as well...and as a HabsFan as well he would be pulling for them. 

Would he ever rock the political boat to help win a cup and allow hire of English-only GM and coaches...highly unlikely, if that is what you are getting at, I agree.

8 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

One of the keys to the Habs success will be the NHL installing a team down the road in Quebec.

Only then will the mgmt group get it’s act together instead of acting like a profit driven monopoly.

Hope Quebec gets a franchise ASAP, was a great rivalry. 

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't interpret Therrien's comments about that as him making fun of Gionta.  Honestly, I interpreted it the exact opposite - Therrien going out of his way to talk about how desperately his captain wanted to play and how devastated he was that he couldn't suit up.

This the post-game interview (embedded video) where he says it in French. The one I remember is either on a radio interview or RDS' Antichambre TV program where he repeated it but laughing abou it

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/612830/canadien-eller-patinage

I don't think I will be able to find that one. You may have right about Gionta, but I seem to remember it