Jump to content

2018 NHL Playoff Thread


Recommended Posts

It's a day late but let's use this thread for NHL postseason discussion.

 

Early thoughts: Philly still can't get good goaltending and Joe Morrow is probably liking life away from Montreal right about now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • dlbalr pinned this topic
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean I'll give it a 4.5 for trolling.

So Nashville went to the Cup finals last year but only managed the semi-finals this year. So I guess they are getting worse each year. But every move they made was pure genius, how could it be?

List of most goals scored since 2011 heading into this season   Ovechkin Stamkos Pavelski Pacioretty . . . . . . . . . .

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Here's to Toronto blowing a lead in every game against Boston.

 

I'll drink to that! Except that it would involve them getting a lead in the first place. I'd rather see them lose 7-0 every game for four straight games.

 

A Boston-Toronto series is always a bit like Stalin v.s. Hitler, but ultimately I hate the Toronto hype machine more than anything else in hockey. They can't lose badly enough,  and in as degrading enough a fashion, to suit me.

 

I hate Boston too, but I also respect them for being such an epic opponent over the years. Only after they beat Toronto will I want to see them get the faces beaten into pulp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I'll drink to that! Except that it would involve them getting a lead in the first place. I'd rather see them lose 7-0 every game for four straight games.

 

A Boston-Toronto series is always a bit like Stalin v.s. Hitler, but ultimately I hate the Toronto hype machine more than anything else in hockey. They can't lose badly enough,  and in as degrading enough a fashion, to suit me.

 

I hate Boston too, but I also respect them for being such an epic opponent over the years. Only after they beat Toronto will I want to see them get the faces beaten into pulp.

 

I honestly would prefer them to get all cocky and then watch the lead disappear like it did in 2013. That day was so amazing. Twitter accounts got deleted out of embarrassment for the amount of bragging which led to complete shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Morrow with the first game winning goal of this year’s playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I'll drink to that! Except that it would involve them getting a lead in the first place. I'd rather see them lose 7-0 every game for four straight games.

 

A Boston-Toronto series is always a bit like Stalin v.s. Hitler, but ultimately I hate the Toronto hype machine more than anything else in hockey. They can't lose badly enough,  and in as degrading enough a fashion, to suit me.

 

I hate Boston too, but I also respect them for being such an epic opponent over the years. Only after they beat Toronto will I want to see them get the faces beaten into pulp.

 

My sentiment exactly my friend. May Toronto never have a lead thoughtout this series. 

 

God I loathe them..

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Kadri suspended 3 games. 

 

I didn't think the DoPS would do it, but god damn, they did.

If that was Marchand he probably would only have gotten a game - even with his history 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Winnipeg would beat Minnesota. 

 

I'm shocked by how easy its looked though.  Its total domination and only Dubnyk stopped that series from being two blowouts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I thought Winnipeg would beat Minnesota. 

 

I'm shocked by how easy its looked though.  Its total domination and only Dubnyk stopped that series from being two blowouts. 

 

Something about this Wild team just folds in the playoffs. Losing Suter hurt but I didn't expect much this spring. Once bitten twice shy.

 

(I don't like the Jets so I was hoping to be wrong but it ain't looking good.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnipeg is just too fast.  They are first on every loose puck. 

 

The name of the game is speed in this league right now. 

 

Speed kills.  We need to add more of it to the Habs team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am the reason why we have this ice storm..... I always said hell had to freeze over for me to cheer for Boston, and here I find myself happy there up 3-0 on Toronto.

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

Something about this Wild team just folds in the playoffs. Losing Suter hurt but I didn't expect much this spring. Once bitten twice shy.

 

(I don't like the Jets so I was hoping to be wrong but it ain't looking good.)

The jets are a solid team now.  Their poised to be a contender for a while if they can keep some of their dmen (ie Trouba). Winnipeg should finally win a playoff series after close calls.

 

as far as Minny goes - I get Suter is out, but we have a typical Boudreau team in the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metallica said:

I think I am the reason why we have this ice storm..... I always said hell had to freeze over for me to cheer for Boston, and here I find myself happy there up 3-0 on Toronto.

?

 

:lol:

 

I wonder if TO would be interested in Pacioretty?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

:lol:

 

I wonder if TO would be interested in Pacioretty?

 

The team i see that should be 100% interested in Pacioretty? The Philadelphia Flyers. 

 

Dominant first line, tons of young D, need a second line to score for them. 

 

My ask.... St. Louis 1st round pick, Morgan Frost, and one of their LHD prospects. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

The team i see that should be 100% interested in Pacioretty? The Philadelphia Flyers. 

 

Dominant first line, tons of young D, need a second line to score for them. 

 

My ask.... St. Louis 1st round pick, Morgan Frost, and one of their LHD prospects. 

 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

The team i see that should be 100% interested in Pacioretty? The Philadelphia Flyers. 

 

Dominant first line, tons of young D, need a second line to score for them. 

 

My ask.... St. Louis 1st round pick, Morgan Frost, and one of their LHD prospects. 

 

I'd be very happy to see that come to fruition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why a team would do a deal like that prior to next year’s deadline when Pacioretty only has one year left on his contract.

 

If Philadelphia sucks half way through next year, it’s a terrible trade from their side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don’t know why a team would do a deal like that prior to next year’s deadline when Pacioretty only has one year left on his contract.

 

If Philadelphia sucks half way through next year, it’s a terrible trade from their side.

 

If Philadelphia sucks half way through next year, they re-coup a lot of similar assets, see what Rick Nash was worth at the deadline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

If Philadelphia sucks half way through next year, they re-coup a lot of similar assets, see what Rick Nash was worth at the deadline. 

I guess you’re right that Philadelphia could trade him later as well but it seems a little far fetched to me.

 

I assume a lot will depend on how the rest of their playoffs turn out. On topic, they got blown out 5-1 today once again.

 

I will still be surprised if Pacioretty gets traded because the goal of our team seems to be to be competitive next year. Trades like yours would be nice if we don’t think Pacioretty will resign at a reasonable rate but I then see it as evident that we’re obviously getting the better end of the stick on proposals such as yours.

 

We can argue about all the emotional relationships certain fans have attributed to Pacioretty, especially since his captaincy and events around that time, but the real reason our actual brass would consider trading him is because he has an expiring contract, not because Pacioretty and losing culture are synonymous. 

 

I don’t feel as though it’s as easy as it sounds to get your type of deal done in such a circumstance because the same dilemma (expiring contract) will face the other organization. Especially during the off season where people seem to think this may get done.

 

Teams that make sense to me for Pacioretty would be teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa,  Washington, Nashville, maybe LA... Even Vegas. Not necessarily teams that need wingers  it teams that know they will be competitive next year for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...