Scratches: Bryan Allen, Mike Weaver

Team Leaders Tampa Bay Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Stamkos (21) Pacioretty (16) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Johnson (28) Subban (19) National TV: N/A
Points Johnson (43) Pacioretty (31) Regional TV: SNE, RDS, Sun
PIMS Morrow (36) Prust (78) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Johnson/Kucherov (+26) Pacioretty (+20) French Radio: FM 98.5

Habs match up fine. Bishop has given us trouble in the past. 7-1 blowout came after three road games to start the year with the Bolts trying to send a message after getting swept. Game was only 2-1 Tampa after the first. Habs came out flat footed, couldn't capitalize on power plays, evened on shots in the second and completely fell apart in the third. Still pissed at Therrien for not pulling Price and not playing him in the third.

Same as vs the Penguins, D stand up at the blue, and forwards back check hard and fight in the neutral zone, should be same effect vs Tampa, except we can out hit them as well...

Bishop will need his momma if we crash the net... :scared:

If we come out lazy in the first, it could be a real mistake. These guys can score as we have seen. But l know we can put the lights out in the lightning. We will need to play hard for 60 minutes. These guys are for real. They are much better than we are at putting the puck in the net and we are better at keeping it out. This would be a heck of a game to get that missing P/P going. In a game like this it could be the difference..

Hopefully Le Genius had a big scotch last night and has a real good game plan.

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

Guest Stogey24

That crew from Norfolk that won the AHL title a few years ago has really done well since moving up to the NHL. They've got a good young core.

Ya, they really have done well with developing players. Didn't realize Tokarski won the Calder with them.

Not sure why 1st game back after long road trip is a killer!

But, if Habs can simply outwork Tampa, win board battles races for pucks all should go well.

But, if 1/2 step slow and been reading too many press clippings about how good they are, could be in for tough night.

Not sure why 1st game back after long road trip is a killer!

But, if Habs can simply outwork Tampa, win board battles races for pucks all should go well.

But, if 1/2 step slow and been reading too many press clippings about how good they are, could be in for tough night.

It has something to do with wives, maybe getting laid too much all at once. Taking the garbage out remembering all the kids names again. 1st game back can be stressful.

Edit :

I definitely don't understand how to quote a Tweet...

This is from Marc-Antoine Godin from LaPresse.

"Michel Therrien on Tampa: "When I say it's a rivalry, we're not in the same division so it's tough to say." … Wait, what ?"

Edit :

"Michel Therrien on Tampa: "When I say it's a rivalry, we're not in the same division so it's tough to say." … Wait, what ?"

The only way I can embed tweets is by switching to an HTML post and copy/pasting the embed code. I'm hopeful that the new version of the boards (and I don't know when it's getting publicly released unfortunately) will have a simpler way to do that.

Edit :

Basu replied that Jon Cooper thinks Tampa has played five more games than anyone else and that they are at the top of the standings.

Coaches be trippin'

Edit :

I sure hope Le Genius is not in charge of travel arrangements, could be embarrassing showing up in Detroit to play Florida. :rofl:

I'm a little worried about this game...two words: ben Bishop! He's had our number for a while...and for some reason we seem to have trouble scoring on him!! The first goal will be crucial!

Big game. Don is right about that first game back at home after road trip. To take this one Price will have to be the best player on both teams. Fortunately he is quite capable of that. Larry needs a big goal in first period to get them going!

I'm a little worried about this game...two words: ben Bishop! He's had our number for a while...and for some reason we seem to have trouble scoring on him!! The first goal will be crucial!

Absolutely. Martin Brodeur went over the hill and now Ben Bishop is the best goalie against us.

No mention of Parenteau being out anywhere on HW, not even in the injury thread. He's someone who needs to find another gear.

I really hope the Habs win this one. Somehow, the hockey world and even posters on this board think that Tampa is for real and MTL isn't. A win for the Lightning will be one big "told ya so."

Hopefully Bishop doesn't sprain an ankle. The medical staff aren't equipped to drive an ambulance on the ice a la Madden '95.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBktpbE7II

WUSS

We won't be stealing any coaches from TB their p/p looks worse than ours.

Another slow start.. damn.. 2:60 gone and only one goal.

which game are you watching? Or were you and Le Genius into the Scotch.