Game Thread | Vancouver vs. Habs | 01/16/07

Spider-Man NL

at the ottawa game, my son 'matsnaslundsuperfan' cried out "somebody stop the bleeding!!!"... it was funny even if it was appropriate... it's still very appropriate...

nothing to lose sleep about but still very appropriate...

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to chuckle at this quote from Mike Boone of the Gazette"

"How many children have been born on the planet since the last time the Montreal Canadiens scored a goal?"

damn those reporters are fast.. they must be listening to our game thread...

GO HABS GO!

we made the news tonight! I can't wait to hear TSN rip into us again.. I'm really starting to hate the month of JANUARY!

GO HABS GO!

"How many children have been born on the planet since the last time the Montreal Canadiens scored a goal?"

:lol: That's hilarious lollll

I would list all the things the Habs did wrong in that game, but I'm too lazy to type that much. Far easier to list what was good about that game:

Lats controlling the puck.

Lapierre throwing the body.

There, that's it...I can sum up what was good about the Habs tonight in those eight words. All else was either mediocre or flat out bad.

If the scoreless streak extends to 125 minutes, i think i'll take a cold shower and cry.

Alright, one cold shower and some crying coming right up.

:(

HABS HAVE NOT SCORED IN LAST 133 MINUTES

Let that statistic sink in for a bit...

Edited by Cataclaw

Okay, so here what I say we should do, Huet and Abby were both weak in their last games, so I say you bring up Danis for a match, make Abby sit at home and watch it on the couch and make Huet look at it from the bench. Danis can pull a better job then these two.

Make Kovalev sit out next game, and Souray too, keep Niinimaa in match, bring Rivet back, and make Souray sit, he's only that popular because of his shot, but his defense is horrible, can't stop shots for shit..

You know, at this point, my recommendation is almost, almost... almost... go back to exactly the way things were during the 5-game winning streak. Same line-ups, etc.

But then again what do I know. And what does Carbo know, what does anyone know. At the moment it just seems like the stars are aligned to prevent Habs from getting any success at all.

Okay, so here what I say we should do, Huet and Abby were both weak in their last games, so I say you bring up Danis for a match, make Abby sit at home and watch it on the couch and make Huet look at it from the bench. Danis can pull a better job then these two.

Make Kovalev sit out next game, and Souray too, keep Niinimaa in match, bring Rivet back, and make Souray sit, he's only that popular because of his shot, but his defense is horrible, can't stop shots for shit..

:unsure: Danis??

thats it for me tonight. I"m going to watch the food network. I think Hell's kitchen is on...

should be similar to what is happening right now in the dressing room for the habs!

GO CARBO GO !

GO BOB GO!

GO HABS GO!

You know, at this point, my recommendation is almost, almost... almost... go back to exactly the way things were during the 5-game winning streak. Same line-ups, etc.

But then again what do I know. And what does Carbo know, what does anyone know. At the moment it just seems like the stars are aligned to prevent Habs from getting any success at all.

Yeah bro, God is answering those damn Maple Losers' fans prayers :(

Edited by blaze53

I have to say just when I finally began to believe this year was different

they respond with their regular mid season collapse.

It is definitely frustrating to watch. They get outworked and outshot almost every game

and they are no longer winning those games.

We lived off Huet, Higgins, Koivu, Souray, Markov and special teams all year.

And the second their production dipped nobody else has stepped up.

Kovalev, Samsonov have done nothing. When the special teams struggle, the 5 on 5 has not

gotten us off the hook. Aebischer has had ample opportunity to raise his game and push

Huet and he continues to make 2-3 spectacular saves to offset his 2-3 brutal goals per game.

They have used up their cushion and now sit 7 points from missing the playoffs.

They play Atlanta on the road, Buffalo at home and then Ottawa who is flying and Toronto

who we have struggled with all season.

This season we are not even competing, during our streak last season we were blowing late

leads or suffering 3rd period meltdowns but signs of life were there. This season I see no

fire. No accountability. It definitely worries me. Last season we had the option of firing the coach, and turning over the reins to Huet. This season we will not fire the coach and Abby is not the answer. So either this bunch of players take some responsibility for their actions or Gainey is going to have to make a deal.

We'll see what happens but this streak is getting to long to ignore.

Edited by Wamsley01

Bring up Kostitsyn and Grabovski.

We may still lose, but they'll try for 60 minutes.

i agree...

Good game guys. Sure the Habs weren't great but that's going to happen. Teams go through slumps all the time and I bet they'll find a way out of this one.

I'm going to defend Luongo now. The "overrated piece of crap" has one of the lowest scoring teams in the league atop it's division. Despite the fact we're starting to find the back of the net more now, he's been awesome for us and a great team player. If you think the guy is overrated, then this Habs losing streak is screwing up your heads. :rolleyes:

Anyways, good luck to you guys and here's hoping you begin enjoying Habs hockey again soon. ;)