Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

I never said you were wrong, just thought I'd heard something else.

Nashville is REALLY, REALLY scary now if it's true. I mean, they were scary beforehand but now. Yikes. I wonder if Nashville is in Calgary before the end of the season, I'd like to see this team play now.

B)

They visit Vancouver on March 21st.... Yea, they definitely are scary now and they as an organization needed to do this but that sure is a lot to pay up for a possible rental... :unsure:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Nashville was already tops in the league and now they get Forsberg without losing anyone significant from their NHL roster. Upshall has potential, but hasn't come close to showing why he was taken 6th overall and hasn't helped them this year.

they'll lose in the first round.

I wonder if Nashville will finally be able to fill the arena now? I heard they were having problems.

Nashville actually is quietly gaining a following in Tennesee and has a pretty decent fanbase. Very knowledgeable group of hockey fans in Nashville.

And who will they lose to in the first round? Minnesota? This isn't a Predators team of the past. In the last week they've added Vitaly Vishnevski and Peter Forsberg. Make no mistake, this team will go deep in the playoffs. Nashville and Calgary for WCF with the surprise run going to Vancouver.

B)

They visit Vancouver on March 21st.... Yea, they definitely are scary now and they as an organization needed to do this but that sure is a lot to pay up for a possible rental... :unsure:

Yep, they're in Calgary the very next day, my dad is going to ask his buddy (part owner of the Flames) for tickets. :D

It is a lot but theres two things you have to remember here 1) It's Peter flippin Forsberg. When he's not injured, he's the best player in the league. And before the lockout, he was the best by a large margin. And 2) This is most definitely a result of the price being driven up. Just think how many offers Philly received and how many times their GM had to say "Well this team offered this but if you want to go above that, then you have the best offer". For someone like Forsberg, I'm sure that happened multiple times.

I also love how everyone here thinks it's a very steep price to pay but then when I tell my dad, he says "That's it?"

God love him but he really isn't much of a hockey fan. :lol:

a 1st a 3rd a prospect and a roster player (young)

sounds like a lot to me but in this case Nashville can afford it easily and are making a statement that they want the cup this year. I will bet that foppa is back in flyer land next year. This is not a trade that Montreal should or could have done.

Nashville actually is quietly gaining a following in Tennesee and has a pretty decent fanbase. Very knowledgeable group of hockey fans in Nashville.

And who will they lose to in the first round? Minnesota? This isn't a Predators team of the past. In the last week they've added Vitaly Vishnevski and Peter Forsberg. Make no mistake, this team will go deep in the playoffs. Nashville and Calgary for WCF with the surprise run going to Vancouver.

Yep, they're in Calgary the very next day, my dad is going to ask his buddy (part owner of the Flames) for tickets. :D

It is a lot but theres two things you have to remember here 1) It's Peter flippin Forsberg. When he's not injured, he's the best player in the league. And before the lockout, he was the best by a large margin. And 2) This is most definitely a result of the price being driven up. Just think how many offers Philly received and how many times their GM had to say "Well this team offered this but if you want to go above that, then you have the best offer". For someone like Forsberg, I'm sure that happened multiple times.

I also love how everyone here thinks it's a very steep price to pay but then when I tell my dad, he says "That's it?"

God love him but he really isn't much of a hockey fan. :lol:

It's steep and I'd be against Nonis giving up that kind of value but like I said, Nashville needed to make a deal like this. If this doesn't get them that corporate ownership, they're done for most likely.

Wow. You take a day off of hockey to celebrate Valentines Day a day late with your girlfriend and the most wanted rental player gets traded.

Thank goodness Montreal didn't go for that. Wayy to much to give up for Forsberg.

*Note: It is too much for the Habs to give up for such a player. Nashville, however, will certainly challenge the Ducks and Sabres for the Cup.

Wow. You take a day off of hockey to celebrate Valentines Day a day late with your girlfriend and the most wanted rental player gets traded.

Thank goodness Montreal didn't go for that. Wayy to much to give up for Forsberg.

*Note: It is too much for the Habs to give up for such a player. Nashville, however, will certainly challenge the Ducks and Sabres for the Cup.

I agree. 1st AND 3rd? Wonder what one of the leagues best scoring Dmen is worth in a deadline deal now?

Cmon Red Wings, think of a PP with Lidström and Souray as the pointmen, give us Datsyuk and a 1st and Im happy.

I agree. 1st AND 3rd? Wonder what one of the leagues best scoring Dmen is worth in a deadline deal now?

Cmon Red Wings, think of a PP with Lidström and Souray as the pointmen, give us Datsyuk and a 1st and Im happy.

Well that 1st rounder is more like a 2nd and the 3rd more like a 4th because of where those picks will be come draft time. But alas a great move by Philly.

I am sure that if Souray is traded he will garnish something delicious.

Edited by JMMR

I saw them play against San Jose, and wow!! Did they dominate, thats one scary team. Great hockey(Habs should watch that game, and they know what hard work is), speed/skill, loved it. Now with Forsberg its even better (allthough i believe nashville is a fast team, and i believe forsberg isnt that fast, maybe not the best team for him?)

Im glad we didnt give so much up..

Well that 1st rounder is more like a 2nd and the 3rd more like a 4th because of where those picks will be come draft time. But alas a great move by Philly.

I am sure that if Souray is traded he will garnish something delicious.

Detroits first rounder would also almost be concidered a 2nd rounder :P

For Forsberg it's three first round that are in the trade.

The key player is Ryan Parent. He is the captain of his team, he is a fast skater, he represented Canada and won Gold with team Canada 2006. He captained two times national teams under 18. He was hurt most of the season but he is a top blue liner for the future. Oh and he is under contract.

For Scottie Upshall it was a total disappointment but he is a leader and a strong mouth, could bring some guts to Flyers line up.

The 1 rounder this year is not a strong year but you never know.

Philly has got the best offer and made the move.

Lets see what happens next....

The Blues are wanting to sign Brewer to an extension so I doubt he goes anywhere. Tkachuk and Guerin on the other hand.... I would love to see Nonis aquire one of them but I highly doubt it. Don't get your hopes up PTG. ;)

Lets see what happens next....

The Blues are wanting to sign Brewer to an extension so I doubt he goes anywhere. Tkachuk and Guerin on the other hand.... I would love to see Nonis aquire one of them but I highly doubt it. Don't get your hopes up PTG. ;)

I've heard Giggy is heavily after Guerin.

Ick.

I've heard Giggy is heavily after Guerin.

Ick.

Well, I doubt he wants the Avs to miss the playoffs for the first time in their history in his first season as GM. He's done a pretty decent job so far so we'll see how the Avs do in the next little while. Hopefully we beat Chicago this time to take 1st in the NW. ^_^

Well, I doubt he wants the Avs to miss the playoffs for the first time in their history in his first season as GM. He's done a pretty decent job so far so we'll see how the Avs do in the next little while. Hopefully we beat Chicago this time to take 1st in the NW. ^_^

Even if we do miss the playoffs (I'm fairly confident we will) it's not like it'd be his fault. Losing Tanguay hasn't hurt us because we've got Wolski and Stastny and our offence is still one of the best. Blake leaving was out of his hands too, he did the best job possible to get him back. Blake was just being a dickhead. Then added Arnason who has surprised a lot of people and Klee who has actually played pretty well, above my expectations. The D blows monkey chunks though. As long as Giggy stands pat at the deadline, I'll be fine. We'll be rid of most of the losers on this team after the season (Brisebois, Turgeon, May, McLean). Lots of contracts are ending, those stupid declined options won't count next year and Konowalchuk's salary won't count against the cap either. Plus I'm willing to bet Sakic will take another cut to stay here. Not a huge one mind you, but a cut nonetheless. Maybe 5 mil instead of 5.75 mil.

Yeah, this season has been dissapointing but I expect the Avs are going to be major players in the UFA scene this summer for like, the first time ever. I don't count Kariya and Selanne because they came to us. And they weren't even expensive. We should have something ridiculous like 21.8 mil in salary open. I'm only open to seeing one player go and thats Marek Svatos. Was a hassle to sign last summer and has not played well for most of the season, still has high stock. I know Mils wouldn't mind seeing Liles or Leopold go either but I think thats stupid right now. Puck moving d-men are essential even if they are small, we need a big d-man who can score *cough*Souray*cough* to go WITH them, not replace them. Plus some good two way forwards like Handzus or Bonk.

wait I thought the Predators were good? They lost to the Blues today. lol WEAK

No Foppa is their excuse. ;) We won again man!

Oilers send Bergeron to Isles

According to TSN the Oilers pick up 23-year-old Grebeshkov who was a first-round draft pick in 2002 - he's playing this season with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv in the Russian league.

Not a major deal but one more trade as we move towards the deadline....

Edited by beliveau1

Oilers send Bergeron to Isles

According to TSN the Oilers pick up 23-year-old Grebeshkov who was a first-round draft pick in 2002 - he's playing this season with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv in the Russian league.

Not a major deal but one more trade as we move towards the deadline....

Good for Islanders. I remember the days when they had severals good offensive D men but they trade them all...