Game Thread | Carolina vs. Canadiens | 02/06/07

Spider-Man NL

hurricanes_vert.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

carolina50.gif26-22-7 : 59 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif29-19-6 : 64 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Hurricanes

2838.gif# 30 Cam Ward (21-14-6), 2.93 GAA, .897 Save%

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (19-12-3), 2.71 GAA, .919 Save%

Hurricanes Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev
Lapierre - Bonk - Johnson
Downey - Murray - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Niinimaa
Souray - Rivet
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 2nd, 2006:montreal50.gif4 carolina50.gif0

Nov. 30th, 2006:montreal50.gif2 carolina50.gif4

MonCar2.jpg

MonCar.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT HIGGINS HAS NO POINTS IN THE LAST NINE GAMES? YOUR ANKLE BETTER STILL BE INJURED, CHRIS! TAKE A SEAT!

PS I'll be at this game :D:P

where about ?? I'll be in section 423.

I expect samsonov to be back and Ryder to take a seat on this one.

I guess we won't be seeing markov anytime soon with an MCL injury...sucks !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Wow...I knew our first line had been bad...but didn't realize it was THAT bad. I get the feeling that Koivu will bring a little something extra to the rink against Carolina, and will break out of his slump.

It's always "expect the unexpected" with the Canadiens.

Expect the most unlikely players to start performing well all of a sudden (Streit, Plekanec).

Expect unorthodox games and flukey wins (such as goals with 1.2 seconds left in the game)

One thing you can always expect, is a lot of action and a lot of fun, and this night will be no different!

GO HABS GO

Hurricane season is over, get those 2 pts!

where about ?? I'll be in section 423.

I expect samsonov to be back and Ryder to take a seat on this one.

I guess we won't be seeing markov anytime soon with an MCL injury...sucks !!

ryder takes a seat it be a joke, he as the best shot on the team,and he had a point last game and his not playing that bad this year he as 15G and 20A, if anyone should take a seat from the first line its higgins. but you shouldnt be beach higgin just let them play and it well come, have faith.. I think the reason samsonov not really playing is he dont want to be in montreal and there trying to trade him.

Edited by KEEP26

ryder takes a seat it be a joke, he as the best shot on the team,and he had a point last game and his not playing that bad this year he as 15G and 20A, if anyone should take a seat from the first line its higgins. but you shouldnt be beach higgin just let them play and it well come, have faith.. I think the reason samsonov not really playing is he dont want to be in montreal and there trying to trade him.

(Sorry I just can't resist on this one...)

Dagenais had a good shot too, but we all know what happened to him. :P

(Okay, so Ryder isnt THAT bad, lol. But his +/- is gawd awful and he hasn't been the dominant player along the boards he can be. Well, he's not working for it like he did when he scored all those goals last season.)

(Okay, so Ryder isnt THAT bad, lol. But his +/- is gawd awful and he hasn't been the dominant player along the boards he can be. Well, he's not working for it like he did when he scored all those goals last season.)

Don't take on Ryder too hard. Men, this guy is a 8th round draft pick!!!! Have you ever seen a 8th rounder plays on a first line???? Maybe Bure and Robitaille but...

Plus his linemates are are heavily in the minus and not producing as well. Koivu and Higgins are in the same boat.

I am interested to see which team shows up, i can't remember the last time the Habs played 2 good games in a row. Atlanta Buffalo they won but only showed up in the first and Buffalo dominated the rest of the game.

Don't take on Ryder too hard. Men, this guy is a 8th round draft pick!!!! Have you ever seen a 8th rounder plays on a first line???? Maybe Bure and Robitaille but...

Obviously, that wasn't serious, well not really. Sure Ryder could be a nice weapon, specially with his wrist shot, but don't consider this guy as a real 1rst liner. He wouldn't be on the 1rst line of any other team for sure.

This may be the first time someone quote himself... :D

For me, where a player is picked makes no difference really. Time and time again, playing picked in the 9th have faired better than some #1 through #3 picks. It depends on how hard a player works to get to the spot they're at.

Ryder hasn't been working and his linemates havent been working as hard as they can (and should), so his play has been rough as of late. The fact that Carbo had him on the forth line and played him for under 10 minutes supports the assumption that Ryder's play has dropped off. If Carbo doesn't feel that the demotion was enough to shake the sniper, Ryder will need his scope to catch a close view of the game from the press box.

sorry you cant resist? lol

when did dags score 30 goals, or finish runner up for rookie of the year..and this is ryder third year and he still as 15G which is pretty good for this team. so you might want to pick a different player to compare him to.

Edited by KEEP26

Obviously, that wasn't serious, well not really. Sure Ryder could be a nice weapon, specially with his wrist shot, but don't consider this guy as a real 1rst liner. He wouldn't be on the 1rst line of any other team for sure.

This may be the first time someone quote himself... :D

Hahaha.

Nah, I believe others have quoted themselves before, kind of comes with the territory of being a poster, hehe. :lol:

I'm just hoping Ryder gets his game in gear as well.

sorry you cant resist? lol

when did dags score 30 goals, or finish runner up for rookie of the year..and this is ryder third year and he still as 15G which is pretty good for this team. so you might want to pick a different player to compare him to.

Yeah, which is why I wrote the bit at the bottom in brackets about him not being THAT bad... ;)

Meh, I was just saying that Ryder's gotta do more than have a good shot to deserve the ice-time he gets.

Hahaha.

Nah, I believe others have quoted themselves before, kind of comes with the territory of being a poster, hehe. :lol:

I'm just hoping Ryder gets his game in gear as well.

Yeah, which is why I wrote the bit at the bottom in brackets about him not being THAT bad... ;)

Meh, I was just saying that Ryder's gotta do more than have a good shot to deserve the ice-time he gets.

when was the last time we had a player finish runner up for rookie of the year, score 30 goals the next year. his a good player and for 2.2 m a year his a good deal. i think your asking to much from the guy, he only as 3 years in the nhl and he still learning to be a more all around player. the more time he gets the better he well be, and he seems like he likes playing in montreal which are hard to find. So i think he deserve his ice and i guess the coaches must like want they we from him.

when was the last time we had a player finish runner up for rookie of the year, score 30 goals the next year. his a good player and for 2.2 m a year his a good deal. i think your asking to much from the guy, he only as 3 years in the nhl and he still learning to be a more all around player. the more time he gets the better he well be, and he seems like he likes playing in montreal which are hard to find. So i think he deserve his ice and i guess the coaches must like want they we from him.

Not sure what you meant by the last line.

Anyway, I think it's great that Ryder scored 30 goals after his rookie season. However, it's his 3rd season and I believe it's safe to say many expected at least a little more from the guy. He's on pace for a career low in goals, so I'm sure if he gets benched or has reduced ice time it is merely to try and shake him up. If the coaches liked what they were seeing from him, he wouldn't have played 9 minutes on the 4th line last game against Pittsburgh.

Anywho, I mean it's up the coaches and all. I was simply kidding about the Dagenais comparison, and tried to make that clear in the post, but I guess I should have thrown in more smileys. It's easy to be misunderstood on forums.

The lines apparently;

Streit - Koivu - Johnson

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Bonk - Ryder

Murray - Lapierre - Useless plug...argh, I mean Downey.

So? Ryder gets moved up for what exactly?

Edited by Talon