DiPietro Out Indefinitely

Psycing

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=201754&hubname=nhl

Rick DiPietro is out with post concussion syndrome. Considering that DiPietro has been the Islanders best player all season, that's bad news for their playoff hopes.

What's it mean to the Habs? Well, besides the fact that Steve Begin was the one to inflict the injury, one of Montreal's biggest competitors for one of the final playoff spots just blew a tire.

Mike Dunham isn't bad, but I doubt he'll be strong enough over the Isles' final 7 games to help them through. They'll have to concentrate on out-scoring opponents.

very unfortunate for DiPietro, I can't imagine Post-Concussive syndrome is very pleasant.

I'm with Fanpuck - very odd for him to come back and only now go on the DL. Perhaps he got whacked a bit again since Begin?

From what I understand, post concussion syndrome is different than the original concussion. I'm no doctor, though, hehe. Maybe he felt better and then the PCS kicked in?

and crush Lundqvist's skull on the ice...

I know that it wasn't intentional vs Dipietro... but still, Dip is now absent indefinitly... taking NYISL out of the run...

I feel sorry for dip... but god, I'm happy :D:clap:

Go Begin Go :ninja:

According to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Physical symptoms can include:

* headache

* dizziness

* impaired balance

* nausea and/or vomiting

* fatigue or sleepiness

* inability to sleep

* decreased libido

* sensitivity to noise or light

* ringing in the ears

* double or blurred vision[9]

* decreased sense of taste, smell, or hearing

So maybe he's had a few good outings, but is still experiencing some of these unpleasant disorders and the doctors have stepped in. Sounds like it really sucks.

Edited by Dirty Harry

It's really not something we should gloat about. I know it works out conveniently, but it sucks to see competitors drop over something like that, a hollow victory.

It also must be terrible for Dipietro, post-conucssion syndrome sounds rough.

At least Begin didnt run the net or anything and it was pretty much all DiPietro's fault by charging all the way out to the blueline at full speed like he did. Very reckless and he paid the price.

I've got to say, that's not how I want to make the playoffs.

I'd like to make the playoffs any damn way we can (short of dirty play). This was an accident, and lets hope Dipietro makes a full recovery.... just in time for golf season

and crush Lundqvist's skull on the ice...

I know that it wasn't intentional vs Dipietro... but still, Dip is now absent indefinitly... taking NYISL out of the run...

I feel sorry for dip... but god, I'm happy :D:clap:

Go Begin Go :ninja:

thats kinda bad man. Hockey is a rough sport and people are going to get hurt, everybody knows that. But we shouldn't be happy when it happens and definitely shouldn't hope for injuries.

That's really weird, he's been playing fine since he returned from that hit the first time.

It takes weeks to fully recover from a concussion. This is a classic scenario of DiPietro running on adrenaline since he came back after missing those two game (after getting Begin's knee in the head) and the body has finally caught up to him. Of course, management played along and went with the flow.

Shame on the Isles for not giving the kid a much needed rest to make him recover. Concussions aren't to be taken lightly, they can cause permanent brain damage if proper attention isn't given to the injured person.

Shame on the Isles for not giving the kid a much needed rest to make him recover. Concussions aren't to be taken lightly, they can cause permanent brain damage if proper attention isn't given to the injured person.

It was thought to be a minor concussion and he was feeling fine, or they wouldn't have been playing him. You can't blame the Isles for wanting their seemingly healthy top player in the lineup. Were they supposed to play Dunham for a month just to see if Rick would possibly get symptoms?

i think i hear a hammer... it's hitting nails into the islanders' playoffs race coffin...

GO :hlogo: GO!

It was thought to be a minor concussion and he was feeling fine, or they wouldn't have been playing him. You can't blame the Isles for wanting their seemingly healthy top player in the lineup. Were they supposed to play Dunham for a month just to see if Rick would possibly get symptoms?

Not Dunham necessarily, I was hoping Snow would strap on the pads and lead the Isles into the playoffs...

i don't rejoice in the islanders's hurts but, on the other hand, it doesn't sorrow me to see that my team's possibilities improve

GO :hlogo: GO!