What sports will you follow now that the Habs are done?

les_glorieux

1. NHL playoffs - if I can since I CAN SEE IT ON TV!!!! (Canucks)

Can't think of anything else, I watch Nascar on sundays because its a good nap sport to fall asleep to in the afternoons. None of the races actually interest me anymore.

I'm begining to hate the NFL.

I don't really like rich people that get away with things who belong in prison (Pac Man Jones)

tired of sports.

I'll watch the French Open but that's not for a couple months.

1) JR hockey....OHL

Wolves (#6 ranked in the East) beat Missy (#3) 4-1 and are up 3-0 on Barrie (#1 in the East) Game 4 goes Wed night here in Sudbury............

2) NHL playoffs (Unless the Wolves are playing)

3) MLB

I'll be following all the news and events right here on Habsworld! The best place to be in the off season. ;)

so ya playoff hockey! GO Canucks! and anything hockey related. from the AHL (GO BULL DOGS!) to the IIHF (GO CANADA!), OHL to the Memorial Cup (GO KOSTS jr.), to the NHL draft.

next until its done cricket! GO Sri Lanka!

basketball! GO RAPTORS!

next baseball! GO JAYS!

what ever sport I keep an eye on, there is only one place I enjoy reading and commenting on sport and thats right here on HW.

GO HabsWorld GO!

Edited by Chips

Soccer: English Premier League and the UEFA Champions League.

Hockey: Swedish Elite League playoff finals (yesterday game 4 in a best-of-7 series was played, teams have won two games each) and the NHL playoffs.

Floorball: women's Elite League playoffs - my local team, the one I used to coach youth teams for, are in the semifinals. They won game one in the best-of-3 series.

Not that this is any different than it would be if the Habs had made the playoffs though...

Soccer: English Premier League and the UEFA Champions League.

Hockey: Swedish Elite League playoff finals (yesterday game 4 in a best-of-7 series was played, teams have won two games each) and the NHL playoffs.

Floorball: women's Elite League playoffs - my local team, the one I used to coach youth teams for, are in the semifinals. They won game one in the best-of-3 series.

Not that this is any different than it would be if the Habs had made the playoffs though...

whats floorball ?? is t indoor hockey ??

Rugby

WC hockey if televised in the UAE

No other sports till the CFL starts

Cant stomach the playoffs

whats floorball ?? is t indoor hockey ??

Sort of. But without skates. And no protective equipment (shinpads, gloves, shoulderpads etc).

International Floorball Federation

Some pictures:

http://www.floorball-canada.ca/photos/Lancert.jpg

http://www.floorballquebec.ca/gallery2/mai...p;g2_itemId=703

http://www.hotshotsnijmegen.nl/images/page...s/floorball.jpg

http://www.unihockey-pics.de/sai2005_06/pi..._cze_ger_09.jpg

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Well there's no puck. Just a plastic ball with little holes in it. It weighs only 23 grams. They're usually white, but sometimes balls in different colors are used if the floor is light and a white ball is hard to see (especially for the goalies).

floorball

When I was kid that was what we called floor hockey - played a lot of it in school and it was a part of the phys ed curriculum too. Only difference was that the goalie was allowed to use a baseball glove. Those games got pretty intense at times, as it was mostly guys already playing high level competitive hockey! It could get pretty rough and nasty.....

p.s. same kind of ball and similar sticks - not as technically advanced though :rolleyes:

Edited by beliveau1

It's a sport that's a lot of fun to play, a lot of fun to watch and a lot of fun to coach. :D

We always had a blast - played it every chance we could get to. It was intense at times too!

I've played that at school before, with the exact same ball (exact sometimes stuffed with a cloth to add weight to the ball). I've always referred to it as floor hockey.

What sports will I be following? Not really anything. I just watch what's on. But I'd like you all to know that I'll be routing for Israel in the Euro Cup qualifiers and was watching the England-Israel match that ended in a 0-0 draw. :clap: