Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 03/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's start 2008 on the right foot at home. Keep it simple, score first, and play aggressive the full 60-65 minutes.

GO HABS GO!!!

Great Job on the thread Cat! Love the skyline shot....Also

Note to Tommy K. ..... You might win a fight now & then if you didn't close your eyes during one:

Time for a blowout: Habs 5 Lightning 1

GHG!!

In memory of Spidey? Did I miss something? I remember the "come back spidey" thread.. is this why he's gone/left...??

I have no idea, nice thread claw, should I make another come back spidey thread?

Go :hlogo: go!

very nice game thread.....team stats tables would be a nice addition.

i like the look of these lines, more offence.

doesnt leave much room for begin and smolinski though, wonder what will happen when they come back.

go :hlogo: go

bad news:

-They play in montreal where they lose more than enough.

-I'm going to the game and I haven't seen a victory so far this year....sorry but I'm still going!!

-1st game after a long trip...usually means bad news for the local team.

-Marc Denis of holmqvist wont be in goal. this ramo kid is far from being bad.

-Montreal spanked TB last game and I'm sure vincent and martin will want revenge.

after all that I'm still sure that montreal will win it. Ryder will score a goal and we will cheer him like if he was Guy Lafleur...then he'll score another one !!!

may 2008 be fluless !!!

bad news:

-Marc Denis of holmqvist wont be in goal. this ramo kid is far from being bad.

True, Ramo isn't bad, but neither is Marc Denis. There is one thing good about playing Tampa, John Torterella coaching them. The way he treats his goaltenders is an advantage for all opponents.. Not kidding ;)

:hlogo:

In memory of Spidey? Did I miss something? I remember the "come back spidey" thread.. is this why he's gone/left...??

I have no idea, nice thread claw, should I make another come back spidey thread?

Go :hlogo: go!

Spidey is just taking some time off from posting game threads on Habsworld but he still will be around posting replys and stuff like that. He is just not doing game threads right now. Cataclaw has done a wonderful job since taking over on the Game threads. I'm sure that sooner or later Spidey will start to post Game Threads again but he is just taking a break right now.

There is no need to make a come back spidey thread. Hope that answered your question.

Anyways GO HABS GO. I hope that the Habs come out firing on all cylinders.

Walking wounded are skating

by Mike Boone

Pat Hickey reports that Patrice Brisebois, Steve Bégin and Bryan Smolinski were on the ice at Canadiens' practice today.

Brisebois is the only one cleared for action. He's available for the game against Tampa Bay at the Bell Centre tomorrow but probably won't be dressed as coach Guy Carbonneau said he'd like to stick with the lineup that won two games in Florida and lost a heartbreaker to the Rangers.

Bégin will be ready in a week or two.

Smolinski says he's ready, but Carbo indicated the veteran would remain on the shelf for two to four weeks.

Cristobal Huet will make his fourth consecutive start in nets.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/2337

I know people have a bad feeling about this one but I think they will come out flying.

Except the Dallas game and a few moments in the Rangers game have had a pretty successful road trip.

I am just worried about Huet in the 3rd if the game is close. He seems to choke and or his players lose confidence in front of him. Dropping points by blowing games late could be what determines the Habs making the playoffs or not.

»I also have a bad feeling!

First of all, the habs are playing at home, and we've all seen how bad they can be at the Phone Booth.

Secondly, they are coming back from a long road trip that was pretty good, which usually means that the Home team struggles to get its act together.

Third, the Lightning will want to avenge the loss at home on Dec 27th!

I hope I'm wrong...

»I also have a bad feeling!

First of all, the habs are playing at home, and we've all seen how bad they can be at the Phone Booth.

Secondly, they are coming back from a long road trip that was pretty good, which usually means that the Home team struggles to get its act together.

Third, the Lightning will want to avenge the loss at home on Dec 27th!

And #4, M&K is attending this one.. that's the one scaring me the most. This season we have 0 wins with M&K there, here's hoping that changes in '08.

I wouldn't worry boys, Carbo is starting to trust this line-up and so am I. Even if we lose I think we'll battle to the end. Full 60 minutes.

For those who haven't read TSN, I like the way Carbo is thinking at the moment

Carbonneau is in no hurry to bring them back.( Smoke, Breeze, Begin.....)

"With the way we played on the road trip, I don't think anybody deserved to come out (of the lineup), so we'll wait," he said.

When the three injured players return, the Canadiens will be right on the roster limit of 23 players.

There is also rookie defenceman Ryan O'Byrne, who is out six weeks with a broken right thumb.

Carbonneau has also not tinkered with new lines he established on the road trip, including one that sees Higgins on a checking trio with Michael Ryder and Maxim Lapierre.

They will likely go up against Lecavalier's line.

Captain Saku Koivu, who sat out on Sunday with a flu, will be back between Guillaume Latendresse and Sergei Kostitsyn. The top line of Tomas Plekanec, Alex Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn remains intact.

Cristobal Huet will start a fourth straight game in goal.

It remains to be seen if new lines and a new year will translate into winning at home.

"There's not a lot you can do to prepare the players for a road or a home game," Carbonneau mused. "I could ask them to drive somewhere and then pick them up in a bus and bring them here, or get them to sleep at a hotel.

"But we want to play against a team, not a building."

Hey,

1) I plan on adding team stats and a few other things starting in the next game thread. Didn't do it yet because.. hey.. it was the holidays for me too ;)

2) Yup, Spidey is taking a HW/GDT break of undetermined length..

3) Thanks for the comments!

4) Yes, i did take that photo of Montreal. Thanks! It's a high dynamic range pic composed from 5 photos using tripod with long exposure. Took it from the Champs de Mars in front of city hall. I have other pix if anyone wants them.

Edited by Cataclaw