Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 05/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread, Cat.

I hoping we can play the full game without a collapse. As long as we can shut down Ovechkin and get a few on the board, this game is ours for the taking. It will be interesting to see how Price plays after being benched for so long.

GO HABS GO!!!

Going to have to switch between this one and Team Canada's game as that gets going. Of course, the choice will be a lot easier to make depending on the score(s).

Afternoon game??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?......WTF

I gotta work till 3:00......well somebodies call'n in sick tomorrow, and it better not be any of the Habs. (this Flu thing worries me)

thats it I'll tell my boss I got the flu from the Habs and the only way to get over it is to watch them play tomorrow at 12:30, improbable yes....impossible no.

Awesome thread, Cataclaw. That picture of Kovalev is one of my favourite habs-related pics.

It's mine as well

too bad Kovy's in it, though :lol:

I hope that Markov will work his magic on his buddy ovechkin

Kolzig and Price must be excited for this game they are very close.

you're right !!

That's when the student surpasses the master !!

Afternoon game??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?......WTF

I gotta work till 3:00......well somebodies call'n in sick tomorrow, and it better not be any of the Habs. (this Flu thing worries me)

thats it I'll tell my boss I got the flu from the Habs and the only way to get over it is to watch them play tomorrow at 12:30, improbable yes....impossible no.

I actually did catch the flu from the habs. I am completely knocked out on my couch covered in blankets.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The main "logo" picture of the game thread will change every now and then and there will be a rotation of sorts. They take a while to make so i won't do a new one every game ;)

GO HABS GO

This game time really doesnt make sense for any of the rumored reasons.

it actually CONFLICTS with the WJC final which is just crazy.

As far as the NFL playoffs, well the fanbase over laps, but not that much. Hockey fans are still gonna watch hockey and they would prefer it on a saturday night.

Saturday afternoons are for family, errands, work around the house, etc...and for sleeping off hangovers occasionally.

Still looking forward to that PIT / JAC night game though. ^_^

This game time really doesnt make sense for any of the rumored reasons.

it actually CONFLICTS with the WJC final which is just crazy.

As far as the NFL playoffs, well the fanbase over laps, but not that much. Hockey fans are still gonna watch hockey and they would prefer it on a saturday night.

Saturday afternoons are for family, errands, work around the house, etc...and for sleeping off hangovers occasionally.

Still looking forward to that PIT / JAC night game though. ^_^

It's definitely the NFL playoffs. Wildcard weekend is huge in the States and Canada (considering one of the teams involved is American), and there is a large overlap in fan base especially in the States.

I'm happy cause I have 10 hours of awesome sports viewing. ^_^ Much beer will be drunk!

And to Cataclaw, what is the story behind that Kovalev picture?

It's definitely the NFL playoffs. Wildcard weekend is huge in the States and Canada (considering one of the teams involved is American), and there is a large overlap in fan base especially in the States.

I'm happy cause I have 10 hours of awesome sports viewing. ^_^ Much beer will be drunk!

And to Cataclaw, what is the story behind that Kovalev picture?

That would all make sense, if it werent the only afternoon game. Why havent all the other games been moved back?? Doesnt add up.

I'm not complaining about all of the sports either. Though I may have some quality family time to make up on Sunday.

GO HABS GO! I hope Big ####, Pleks, and Kovy light it up, along with Ryder keeping the ball rolling...and hell..maybe even give Josh Gorges a goal.

Keys to the game...be disciplined. Win one on one battles, utilize the cycle down low (washington's D are irresponsible and tend to get out of position). Change the powerplay up a bit with some fake shot passes cross ice (Markov). I have no doubt in my mind that Price will play good (he will be remembering about winning Gold on this very day!...hopefully the next step hits his mind...and we all know that that is :hlogo: )

Kovalev has been great all season so far, but i don't think he's had any 2-goal nights (if memory serves) yet.

I have a feeling he's going to come up big today and post 2G, 1A. You heard it here first, folks.