AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The-Habby2919

With the way the Leafs are this year they could land Stamkos (or Tavares if hes allowed in the draft)! That would suck!

:hlogo:

yopu should be worried about that. by the time stamkos and/or tavares are contributing montreal will have won a cup.

With the way the Leafs are this year they could land Stamkos (or Tavares if hes allowed in the draft)! That would suck!

It is not going to happen. They will most likely go for the playoffs not the other way around.

That is what they always do, Fletcher was quoted in the 90s as saying "Draft schmaft" and tried to build the Yotes with

veteran talent. I will be shocked if he cleans house and cap room even though it is the right thing to do.

Going for Tavares will depend on Sundin. If he is around they will not be bad enough to finish in the bottom 5 next year.

Edited by Wamsley01

Going for Tavares will depend on Sundin. If he is around they will not be bad enough to finish in the bottom 5 next year.

and how would that be to see Toronto having the first overall pick when the draft is in montreal !!??

and they'd pick Tavares !!??

and how would that be to see Toronto having the first overall pick when the draft is in montreal !!??

and they'd pick Tavares !!??

It would suck. But the Leafs are more likely to trade their first rounder for Tom Kurvers than to do the smart thing

and gut the roster so it sucks. Even if they finish last the last place team has only won the lotto like 30% of the time.

Geez LOUISE!!!!!!! You guys friggin kill me. Are you ever happy? Where exactly do your hearts lie. The habs are doing good, the leafs are sucking. We can slam any Leaf fan in endless debates, until the cows come home this particular season. Mind you anything can still happen so I would choose your words wisely or you will find your own big foot in your mouth.

Now with all that going on, your going to tell me you fear them finishing last because they will get a good draft pick. Un-FU*$KING-believable. It almost sounds like you might only be happy if by some weird coincidence a plane full of leaf players crashed into the ACC while the Leafs farm team was all there watching a Britanny Spears concert and everyone friggin dies.

Get it together guys and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

P.S I personally wish the leafs would get it together so we could have a possible conference final against them. That is one thing I've never seen in my life ............a play-off round with those two. It would truly be amazing. If it went 7 games.......heavy hitting, good battles, no blow-outs, now that my friends would be what I wish for..................well as long as the HABS win that seventh game.

I really hope the Leafs finish 9th.

Also is it not team policy to not draft in the 1st round.

I would expect them to deal their first rounder next year for Glen Murray and PJ Axxelson and make a run at 8th, then to hold onto it and get Tavares.

Doesn't anybody follow NHL history?

Edited by Wamsley01

I would expect them to deal their first rounder next year for Glen Murray and PJ Axxelson and make a run at 8th, then to hold onto it and get Tavares.

Doesn't anybody follow NHL history?

Well, the fear is that things have gotten so abysmal that the Leafs will change gears philosophically.

I'd actually expect them to draft a star in the making, then get impatient when he fails to turn into Mario Lemieux overnight and deal him for said Murray/Axelsson package. Remember Rask for Raycroft? (*s######s*)

It's rather strange, really. That's a franchise that is guaranteed high TV revenues and sell outs every night no matter what. Why NOT take 3-4 years and seriously rebuild? It's a head-scratcher.

First of all, Tavares is not eligible for the 2008 draft...no matter what his mommy and Daddy might say. He'll just have to wait like everyone else in 2009. Damn kid! He still hasn't, played a single game in the NHL, and he thinks he can dictate how things will be done!

Secondly, like Wamsley said, The leaves can not afford to finish last in the league...their fans and the media would ot allow it (just like here in Montréal). My guess is that thye'll finish anywhere between 10th and 13th. They won't make it to the playoffs, and will not get the first pick overall.

Even if they were to trade Sundin within the next 2 months...it's not like they will trade him to L.A....most likely Sundin would go to a contender, and therefore, The Leaves would get that teams 1st round pick, which would most likely be a 20th to 30th overall pick, which again will not allow them to draft Stamkos or Tavares.

So have no worries my friends, the Leaves will remain wet for a little while longer. They will miss the playoffs for a 3d consecutive year, while our boys(keep praying everyone) should make the playoffs for the 4th time in the past 6 years.

Well, the fear is that things have gotten so abysmal that the Leafs will change gears philosophically.

I'd actually expect them to draft a star in the making, then get impatient when he fails to turn into Mario Lemieux overnight and deal him for said Murray/Axelsson package. Remember Rask for Raycroft? (*s######s*)

It's rather strange, really. That's a franchise that is guaranteed high TV revenues and sell outs every night no matter what. Why NOT take 3-4 years and seriously rebuild? It's a head-scratcher.

Greed and corporate politics. They don't need to be smart because they make tons of money no matter what they do... Therefore the most

politically astute and ambitious people rise to the top, not the smartest and brightest.

They have to pass things through a board. So you have voting blocks trying to pass their own agenda. As long as that exists the sane voice does not exactly rule.

The Teachers Pension Plan wants to make money, they look short term and want playoff revenue. A first round series remains a financial windfall for them.

They are stuck just like the Ballard days, but now it is corporate backroom dealing that is pushing forward different agendas.

Fans want Peddie fired, but he makes the company millions so he is not going anywhere. Tannenbaum iowns the biggest individual stake and is the Head of the Board but can't get a majority vote to pass

because he has no power.

It is a mess. I would not expect a turnaround soon.

Edited by Wamsley01

Secondly, like Wamsley said, The leaves can not afford to finish last in the league...their fans and the media would ot allow it (just like here in Montréal). My guess is that thye'll finish anywhere between 10th and 13th. They won't make it to the playoffs, and will not get the first pick overall.

Even if they were to trade Sundin within the next 2 months...it's not like they will trade him to L.A....most likely Sundin would go to a contender, and therefore, The Leaves would get that teams 1st round pick, which would most likely be a 20th to 30th overall pick, which again will not allow them to draft Stamkos or Tavares.

I dont see how the fans have a big word in this, it's the corporate world that really dictates what the leafs do. they're the ones getting tickets and luxury boxes. besides, I think that finishing last would be a step foward for TO.

by trading Sundn, you weak your team up. so you can finish in the bottom 5..you win the lottery and BAM, you get stmakos.

I dont see how the fans have a big word in this, it's the corporate world that really dictates what the leafs do. they're the ones getting tickets and luxury boxes. besides, I think that finishing last would be a step foward for TO.

by trading Sundn, you weak your team up. so you can finish in the bottom 5..you win the lottery and BAM, you get stmakos.

It would be the smart move. But I think they will view the fact that they are 5 points from 8th and make a run even though they would need to reel off a 23-10 to realistically have a shot.

By not watching the games on CBC or other tv stations.

Why do you think the CBC played the habs Vs. Penguins game last saturday across Canada(and not the Leafs Game)? It's not cause Crosby was playing against the Habs, it's because the numbers for the Leaves are starting to come down. People would rather do something a little more fun on Saturdays rather than watch a bunch of LOSERS lose once again!

By not watching the games on CBC or other tv stations.

Why do you think the CBC played the habs Vs. Penguins game last saturday across Canada(and not the Leafs Game)? It's not cause Crosby was playing against the Habs, it's because the numbers for the Leaves are starting to come down. People would rather do something a little more fun on Saturdays rather than watch a bunch of LOSERS lose once again!

In reality, it was because Sidney was supposed to play the Habs. Don't kid yourself into the idea that they're suddenly gonna dump the Leafs. The numbers for Leaf games have been falling for the last two seasons and they're still getting the same coverage they've always been given.

The numbers for Leaf games have been falling for the last two seasons and they're still getting the same coverage they've always been given.

Well, it looks like they've fallen beyond a certain critical point. Cause had the Leafs been in first place of the North east division, You can bet that the Habs would not be on nationally!

Edited by Habsfan

Hey, Saks-Avenue, dont call me unfu&$ing believable and unhappy because i simply stated that the current position the leafs are in and the possibility of them being in the lottery. If they were to draft Stamkos then it would suck because A. I hate the leafs and dont want them to have anybody good, and B. Hed be playing against us.

Hey, Saks-Avenue, dont call me unfu&$ing believable and unhappy because i simply stated that the current position the leafs are in and the possibility of them being in the lottery. If they were to draft Stamkos then it would suck because A. I hate the leafs and dont want them to have anybody good, and B. Hed be playing against us.

Don't take it personally.. ..............We (the habs) lose 6 games and the Laffs(win six games) which is possible, we might be the ones drafting Stamkos. The standings are very tight and I just think it's funny that the team we all hate battling for a play-off spot is sucking so bad that we now have to worry about them drafting a great player?

So what exactly do you want? Them up our ass, or them drafting high. Yes, if you haven't checked we could be in first place in a few games or we can be drafting Stamkos in a few games.

Enjoy the moment.

Guys, I think we all need to calm down here.

I also think it's safe to say that we pretty much all hate the leaves and we all enjoy watching them struggle like they've done this year. But we are all Habs Fans. Let's stop bitching at each other and enjoy this stretch of good hockey our boys are playing!

Guys, I think we all need to calm down here.

I also think it's safe to say that we pretty much all hate the leaves and we all enjoy watching them struggle like they've done this year. But we are all Habs Fans. Let's stop bitching at each other and enjoy this stretch of good hockey our boys are playing!

Amen!