1st Place?

Wamsley01

With a disinterested and jet-lagged (have you seen the road trip they've been on? Crazy) St. Louis team in town tonight, and a home and home with Boston this weekend, we should be able to "clinch" a playoff spot this week by passing the 92 point plateau. Certainly the schedule works for us to accomplish that goal right now.

So this thread should just be about our battle for first place by the end of the week. :hlogo:

And for all you saying I'm jinxing the team, I did use the qualifier "should".

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leafs keep putting more and more distance between themselves and Stamkos.

Caps, Flyers both keep pace and continue the inevitable.

Let's hope the Habs get to put the final stomp on the playoff hopes on the 29th

Leafs keep putting more and more distance between themselves and Stamkos.

Caps, Flyers both keep pace and continue the inevitable.

Let's hope the Habs get to put the final stomp on the playoff hopes on the 29th

I dont mind the leafs winning for another reason....keep them motivated for their remaining games against the Sens. They can play them tough and beat them for us, as we know.

I dont mind the leafs winning for another reason....keep them motivated for their remaining games against the Sens. They can play them tough and beat them for us, as we know.

True, but that could back and bite us in the ass as well. We also play the leaves 2 more times, and we all know how much of a hard time the Habs have against the Leaves!

True, but that could back and bite us in the ass as well. We also play the leaves 2 more times, and we all know how much of a hard time the Habs have against the Leaves!

Yup. I'm not looking forward to those games, nor those agains the Bruins.

Actually it was 6 in the third, makes me want to :puke: Then to top it off the Devils and Rangers each got points in their game. Man, I hope they lock it up soon. We need a sweep against the Bruins, then i'll feel better.

Actually it was 6 in the third, makes me want to :puke: Then to top it off the Devils and Rangers each got points in their game. Man, I hope they lock it up soon. We need a sweep against the Bruins, then i'll feel better.

I know. I'm so sick of seeing these extra points. The Bruins, Rangers and Devils seem to live on thm. I just knew that NY/NJ game would got to OT. Just heard about the Sabres....geez, I wish they would die.

It was written with 5 minutes to go.

I know. I'm so sick of seeing these extra points. The Bruins, Rangers and Devils seem to live on thm. I just knew that NY/NJ game would got to OT. Just heard about the Sabres....geez, I wish they would die.

Seeing as there are only 3 teams in the league with more OT points than the Habs, probably not something you should

be sick of.

Edited by Wamsley01

Actually we have more OT losses than any of those teams; we have 10, NJ has 7, Boston has 9, and the Rangers have 9. Buffalo is the only team with more OT losses than us in the conference, with 11. If there's any team living on OT losses, it's us; we have the least number of victories for our point total. We have 40 victories and 90 points, Carolina (85) and Ottawa (87) both have 40 victories as well. And Pittsburgh has 41 wins with 89 points, and Dallas has 42 with 89.

New Jersey is one win away from a clinch (not official mind you) and the Habs are 1 win aways from a clinch.

Could happen tonight :clap:

If the habs could win tonight and the Hens were to lose, that would give us a 5 point cushion over them. Even if we were to lose both games against the hens, we'd still keep 1st place in the North East...which shold garantee us 2nd place in the conference.

It was written with 5 minutes to go.

Seeing as there are only 3 teams in the league with more OT points than the Habs, probably not something you should

be sick of.

Why would I not be sick of seeing our competition pick up extra points?

Why would I not be sick of seeing our competition pick up extra points?

Because if you took the extra points away it would hurt the Habs more than everybody else

not named Buffalo, Philadelphia and Toronto in the East.

Without OT and SOL points the East would look like a little different

Yes, we have to be thankful that losing teams are awarded a point, or else we would have 82 points instead of 92 right now, and our record would be 41-34.

Then again, last year, we had 42 wins while the 8th and 9th place teams only had 40.

Thank the Isles, boys, they just helped us hold onto first another night.

If we can pull off another two points tomorrow, and watch a decisive win by either Pitt or NJ (no OT) and a defeat of Ottawa by what seems to be a rejuvinated Leafs (high scoring percentage of late, but soft defence), we could possibly hold out this Easter on top of the world.

But no counting chickens before chocolate eggs hatch - it's bear hunting time!

Thank the Isles, boys, they just helped us hold onto first another night.

If we can pull off another two points tomorrow, and watch a decisive win by either Pitt or NJ (no OT) and a defeat of Ottawa by what seems to be a rejuvinated Leafs (high scoring percentage of late, but soft defence), we could possibly hold out this Easter on top of the world.

But no counting chickens before chocolate eggs hatch - it's bear hunting time!

Isles are 6-1 vs the Devils this season.

Yeah, the Leafs are a thing of beauty. They beat the Sabres and don't gain a point on Washington and Philly.

Keep it up and maybe Peddie will think that this team is as good as they have played.

Fact is, it is all Toskala. They were being outshot 25-10 and winning 3-1 tonight.

gotta thank the Isles for a huge win on the devils tonight.

I feel sick just saying but here goes: GO LEAFS GO!! :puke:

if they win tomorrow I swear I wont make fun of them when we win our 25th cup in june !!

Doubly happy that NYI won since I gambled on starting Dubie in my pool over Luongo tonight. :D

And all in a sudden NJ is 4th... and it's Pittsburgh we need to keep at bay.

And WSH rallied vs ATL and are now within 1 pt of Boston but with 2 more games played. If we beat Boston again tomorrow, we could put them in further danger of losing their playoff spot...

... which is a shame. Philly is the team we should want out of the playoffs. Just to piss off Briere further. :P

Alright, so today we're cheering:

- Habs over Bruins (preferably with 9 goals, but I'll take 3 - we've beaten them by scoring 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 goals, so I'm just looking for consecutive numbers)

- Devils over Penguins in regulation (I have a feeling the Pens will be unbeatable when Crosby and Hossa are together, so they need to take their losses now. Also, we don't want any extra points being bandied about)

- Leafs over Senators in regulation (It feels wrong, I know, but we gotta cheer these sadsacks on, even if there is nothing in it for the Leafs. If they were smart, they'd tanks and aim for Stamkos. But they ain't.

- Leafs over Senators in regulation (It feels wrong, I know, but we gotta cheer these sadsacks on, even if there is nothing in it for the Leafs. If they were smart, they'd tanks and aim for Stamkos. But they ain't.

Yes i was thinking about that yesteday. I'm going to have to cheer for the Leafs. It sounded wrong to me.

I have been cheering for the Leafs for over 2 months now guys get with the program.

lol, same here, besides the more the Leafs win, the more they lose in the big picture so it's almost like we're still cheering against them.