1st Place?

Wamsley01

Leafs staying hot, I love that team sometimes. Shit the bed all season, essentially have nothing to gain by winning.

Pressure is off, win 5 of 6 on their run to nowhere! So Predictable.

As of tonight they are out of the Stamkos lottery picking 7th.

As for the Habs, the next 6 games are the season.

@BUF

NJ

@SJ

@PHX

@LA

@ANA

They need to go at least 3-3 or it will be a dog fight again

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leafs staying hot, I love that team sometimes. Shit the bed all season, essentially have nothing to gain by winning.

Pressure is off, win 5 of 6 on their run to nowhere! So Predictable.

As of tonight they are out of the Stamkos lottery picking 7th.

@BUF

NJ

@SJ

@PHX

@LA

@ANA

Agreed. We absolutely have to win in Phoenix, L.A. and in Buffalo. You can pretty much bet your next paycheck that we'll lose the game in N.J. It's the second game of back to back games, and the fact that we always have a hard time against the Devils is not good. If we could at least lose one of the two games against either S.J. or the Ducks in Overtime or Shootout, that would be even better. It would give the Habs a record of 3-2-1 for 7 points. That would be pretty good!

Agreed. We absolutely have to win in Phoenix, L.A. and in Buffalo. You can pretty much bet your next paycheck that we'll lose the game in N.J. It's the second game of back to back games, and the fact that we always have a hard time against the Devils is not good. If we could at least lose one of the two games against either S.J. or the Ducks in Overtime or Shootout, that would be even better. It would give the Habs a record of 3-2-1 for 7 points. That would be pretty good!

The Devils game is at the Bell.

The Devils game is at the Bell.

i KNOW, BUT TAKE A LOOK AT OUR RECORD AT TEH BELL cENTRE AGINST TEH dEVILS OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS...i'D BE SURPRISED IF WE HAD A WINNING RECORD AGAINST THEM!

Sorry about the caps! I didn't feel like re-typing it all!

@BUF

NJ

@SJ

@PHX

@LA

@ANA

Nah, it's not the season. I don't know how many times I've heard on this board 'this is the real test' or 'this game tells us what we're really made of' or 'we have to win this/these game(s) to make the playoffs.' It would suck to not get at least 6 points out of the next 6 games, but we could get more and blow it down the stretch or get less and make up for it in our final month. The good thing about our roadtrip is that one of our rivals won't being gaining the points that we might give up.

You read it right boys. Both the hens and the Pens lost in regulation. Which means our boys could be in second place in the conference if they win tomorrow night!

GO :hlogo: GO!!! :clap:

Thank you to the Pooh Bears and the Flyers!

You read it right boys. Both the hens and the Pens lost in regulation. Which means our boys could be in second place in the conference if they win tomorrow night!

GO :hlogo: GO!!! :clap:

Thank you to the Pooh Bears and the Flyers!

Well it looks like Bob Gainey gets a better grade to C+ from Trade Deadline Day since Hossa is now out with an MCL injury....

Well it looks like Bob Gainey gets a better grade to C+ from Trade Deadline Day since Hossa is now out with an MCL injury....

Lovin' it! :clap:

Oh dear, here comes the schadenfreuden... :unsure:

Tough break for the Pens, but they've still got Crosby & Malkin... so I don't feel too bad for them.

WA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!!

You hate to cackle at a man's injury, but if you're a Habs' fans, that is simply priceless. They gave up a ton of depth for a rental and now - POOF! :lol:

Serves 'em right, the stupid arseholes.

I certainly don't the pleasure in this injury that some of you others seem to.

Neither do I, for I understand that an injury to Kovalev would be the end of our season...and how would that feel?

It is amazing how they do this every year. They kill their future and fool everybody into believing

that their kids have potential and Tucker will perform like this next year because he was hurt

this year.

This has been happening since the 80s, except in the 80s they used to sneak in with 61 pts in the Norris.

From reading Tsn the Laffs seem foolishly optimistic about making it to the play-offs. Good for them. Sundins on a tear. Tucker is hot again. "The whole Stanley or Stamkos thing." Another funny thing , it looks like Tampa has packed it in. Gratton who's been playing injured all year said screw it and is getting surgery. Not a good sign. I hate when teams dive. I wonder how Vinny feels about this?

From reading Tsn the Laffs seem foolishly optimistic about making it to the play-offs. Good for them. Sundins on a tear. Tucker is hot again. "The whole Stanley or Stamkos thing." Another funny thing , it looks like Tampa has packed it in. Gratton who's been playing injured all year said screw it and is getting surgery. Not a good sign. I hate when teams dive. I wonder how Vinny feels about this?

It is Toronto, they have been waiting to do this story all season. Leafs are HOT. Look out.

You think it would make sense for somebody at TSN to look into the numbers and probabilities of it happening, but they don't.

How easy would it be to project 92 points and look at the probability of them reaching that number with all the games in their division,

with all the interconference games between those ahead of them and looking at a minimum 13 wins and .800 hockey for a team

that just cracked .500 and has not played .800 hockey over a 16 game stretch in 5-6 seasons?

Add to the fact that if they do go 13-4 to get into 8th they will have gone 18-5 down the stretch to do it, which would invariably lead

to the Leafs are the hottest team in hockey going down the stretch they have a shot at pulling a Calgary/Edmonton articles on TSN.

It is to simplistic to look at 6 points and think 3 wins will do it. But do you expect anything more from a network that employs Mike Milbury

and John Ferguson jr as EXPERTS?

Then again, they are Leaf fans and you don't want to confuse them. Nevermind. Rant complete

Edited by Wamsley01

Let those idiots delude themselves into thinking they actually have a chance! :rolleyes: To finish with 92 points and hope to make it into the playoffs, the Leaves would have to go 13-3-1 . That's .765 hockey! It just won't happen. The added bonus for us Habsfans is that the more they win, the further away from a 1st round pick they get.

In the end, it's a lose-lose situation for them, cause they aren'T gonna go 13-3-1 in their final 17 games. I'd be willing to bet my condo on it! :D:P

I created this thread 3 weeks ago and tonight is the first night the Habs lead the list

in both categories.

Hopefully 3 weeks from now I can post the same things again.

I created this thread 3 weeks ago and tonight is the first night the Habs lead the list

in both categories.

Hopefully 3 weeks from now I can post the same things again.

Hey, On thursday I said that if the Habs could play for .500 during their next 6 games(Buff, NJD, SJ, PHO, LA, ANA), I'd be satisfied. They already picked up 2 wins. I honestly believe that they should be able to pick up the W in Phoenix and L.A.. If that's the case, then they would have 4 wins during that important 6 game stretch. and who knows, they could win the game tonight in SJ. Anaheim will be tougher to beat!

It'll be really interesting to see how our boys handle themselves against some good western teams.

Hey, On thursday I said that if the Habs could play for .500 during their next 6 games(Buff, NJD, SJ, PHO, LA, ANA), I'd be satisfied. They already picked up 2 wins. I honestly believe that they should be able to pick up the W in Phoenix and L.A.. If that's the case, then they would have 4 wins during that important 6 game stretch. and who knows, they could win the game tonight in SJ. Anaheim will be tougher to beat!

It'll be really interesting to see how our boys handle themselves against some good western teams.

The LA game kind of scares me I just hope the Habs can score early as the Kings will surley score a few goals tey have some slick offensive talent.

I would love to see a win against the Ducks and the Sharks.

Tough one tonight.

Who do you vote for. Instinct says vote against the Leafs. A Leaf loss means one step closer to elimination.

But, if I want to win the Conference I vote for the Leafs to beat the Devils.

Sorry, 34 years of hate is to much to overcome. Go Jersey!

And go Isles, go Panthers, go Lightning and go Flyers

I honestly believe that they should be able to pick up the W in Phoenix and L.A..

I really think the opponent's ranking in the standings has very little to do with your chances of beating them. It depends on a lot of different factors, like what style of hockey the teams play. To me, it's very simplistic to look at the 6 games and say, we will beat Buffalo, Phoenix and LA and lose to San Jose, Nj and Phoenix. But now that the first three games are over, I'm expecting a loss to Anaheim and one of the two weaker teams.

Tough one tonight.

Who do you vote for. Instinct says vote against the Leafs. A Leaf loss means one step closer to elimination.

But, if I want to win the Conference I vote for the Leafs to beat the Devils.

Sorry, 34 years of hate is to much to overcome. Go Jersey!

And go Isles, go Panthers, go Lightning and go Flyers

I'm cheering for the Leafs all the way. Not just because we want NJ to lose, but I also want th eLeafs to keep on winning. I wouldn't even mind if the Leafs finished 7th or 8th - as long as they can avoid that top pick!