Game Thread | Habs vs. Panthers | 13/02/08

Cataclaw

Yeah, I think he could take over for Streit relatively soon. But to pair him with Brisebois... there's not much defensive competence on the ice. Gotta get Hamrlik back.

S. Kostitsyn is very defensively sound.

He will start to kill penaltys soon as well I would imagine his positional game is fantastic.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price did look good last night. I really hope that Carbo does ride him untill he looses. It might put an end to the, "I hope Bob is busy signing Huet" thread.

The one thing that was really grinding me was the power plays. Carbo was putting the Koivu line out first all of the time. That left little to no time for the Plekanec line to actually score. Koivu was decent tonight and created some good chances but we all know that our PP bread and butter is the Plekanec line.

Some nervous moments but i am very happy we won.

What i think we should do with Price is play him in both games of these back to back games. I'm not sure if price has played back to back games yet but if he heasnt it would be best for him to get that under his belt.

This was a pretty good effort and Pittsburgh lost (and Ottawa in a shootout) so we gained some ground. We need our players to start finishing opportunities if we're going to improve on this game. We won't win with only one goal in 60 minutes very often.

OK Lapierre is not completely a waste, but the combo Smolinski-Lapierre as

3-4 centers is one of the weak spot of this team.

I have said it before we were stronger at centre with Bonk in the middle as a third line

centre, Lapierre was doing the job as the 4th centre.

One player i am concerned about his play is Streit lately.

He is a smart player he will find a way to relink Markov and Kovalev on the power play.

Right now defensive coverage is on both Markov and Kovalev, Streit is always wide open

but doesn't make the right decision with the puck.

I am relieved iof the win but it was disgusting to watch, my dad was at the game, called me

and said he had more fun playing cards with his snowbirds bodies than watch this painful game.

I didn't get to watch this game cause I had a poker tourny to attend, but I saw the replays on RDS and heard about the game this morning on the radio.

It's nice to see that Koivu and higgins played a good game. I get the feeling that they will be turning things around shortly.

Apparenlty Price had a good game as well(35saves) and Markov also played a good game.

I would however like to see lats hit a bit more. Carbo needs to have a little talk with the kid, wake him up!

We'll need a better effort from the boys to win against the Flyers!

Edited by Habsfan

I didn't see the game either but i had to post and give all the credit to Saks-Avenue. Just like i said i would. I was wrong. So i ate a crow sandwhich for breakfast.

It sounds like Price was really good, and the team didn't show up physically again.

I think i'll go skiing this weekend and not watch the games again do they can win the pair.

S. Kostitsyn is very defensively sound.

He will start to kill penaltys soon as well I would imagine his positional game is fantastic.

He's OK, better than his brother, but not close to our best defensive forward, and nothing comparable to an actual D-man.

It's nice to see that Koivu and higgins played a good game. I get the feeling that they will be turning things around shortly.

Koivu had a good game, although he can't take much credit for the assists. Higgins did not play a good game, he was invisible again except for his goal, which was pretty fluky. Hopefully these two goals give him a bit more confidence.

He's OK, better than his brother, but not close to our best defensive forward, and nothing comparable to an actual D-man.

Koivu had a good game, although he can't take much credit for the assists. Higgins did not play a good game, he was invisible again except for his goal, which was pretty fluky. Hopefully these two goals give him a bit more confidence.

It's true that his assists were pure fluke, but he still looked more like the old Koivu. I just wanna see the effort and shiftiness of the old Koivu. The points will come later.

It's true that his assists were pure fluke, but he still looked more like the old Koivu. I just wanna see the effort and shiftiness of the old Koivu. The points will come later.

Yeah, he was maybe our most dangerous forward on the ice. He's been better for the last few weeks, and he's had some great games where the defense can't contain him. Too bad Higgins is drifting in dreamland, and Ryder or whoever else is there can't contribute very much. I agree, if he keeps playing like this the points will come, and if his linemates had been playing better he could already be on a nice point streak.