Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 17/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of saves from really bad angles.. I have no idea why Philly thinks they are going to score on them...

He let in a bit of a weak one short handed, imo.. but he looks fine overall.

And now the Philly gets away with an elbow, but we go down and score while they are mouthing off at our players .. lol

Loving it. Goal Cube!!!

refs BLEW the begin call. it was a beautiful hit. only reason his feet left the ice was because he blasted thru him so strongly. how smith doesnt get the instigator is beyond me.

sweet sweet goal by cube. playoff hockey and the habs are playing a great physical game.

Cube having another strong game.

Price shoulda had the shorthander...wasn't out quite far enough...but overall looks very solid.

Love the energy Begin is bringing, the hipcheck by Gorges, and Latendresse conrolling the puck in the Flyers end down low.

If Koivu/Ryder/Higgins could manage a goal, we'd be in good shape.

That was funny.. I could almost see the guy from Philly saying 'lets go" and Gorges saying, "give me a sec, Boo boo is heading for your net".. GOAL.. "Okay, ready..."

Nice to see thaty Gorges was paying attention to what was happening at the other end of the ice. great decision by Josh!

Price shoulda had the shorthander...wasn't out quite far enough...but overall looks very solid.

Love the energy Begin is bringing, the hipcheck by Gorges, and Latendresse conrolling the puck in the Flyers end down low.

If you watch Richard's blade, he faked the shot, then turned his blade and faked the pass, then took the shot, which was a lazer. I don't blame Price for that goal at all.

It was an odd man rush, he has to play deeper in his crease. If he comes out to far and a pass comes across he is

way out of position. It was a great shot by Richards, if he missed the net it would have been a 5 on 2 the other way.

That was a fun period.

The charge call on Begin was correct but Smith came after him should have got 2 for instigating.

GOod trade off for 5 mins though.

Pens are up 2-1 End of the second period.

AND what a goal by Frank.

My gf says

Oh 2 on 1

Oh nevermind its Bouillion (pretty much exactly what I was thinking) and then he scored a beauty WOW.

Good awarness by Josh to not drop his mits though.

All in all a good exciting period 28 shots.

I am glad Boullion made the Flyers pay for that hit to the head...I am almost 100% sure that will be reviewed by Colin Campbell and whoever laid that hit on Kostitsyn...I think it was Upshall? will be suspended...that was a ridiculous shot and the NHL is trying to get rid of that garbage. On a side note...LOVE how begin set the tone and gave whoever that was some frequent flyer miles!!! GO :hlogo: GO

What a bunk call Begin for charging. :wacko:

Ya, he left his feet, but it was after he made contact with the guy. It was his momentum that lifted him off the ground.

I sort of thought that too, but it was so close, that you can't fault the ref for the call. The non call on Smith for instegating was a little suspicious, but again, Begin threw down fast. Penalty was killed, and one flyers Defenseman seeing stars. It's all good.

That was funny.. I could almost see the guy from Philly saying 'lets go" and Gorges saying, "give me a sec, Boo boo is heading for your net".. GOAL.. "Okay, ready..."

Haha I saw that, hilarious stuff.

+1 Gorges

+1 Bouillon

+1 Bégin for an awesome clean hit

+1 Bégin again for holding his own against Smith and dragging him to the ground.

It was a funny scene, Bégin the only one standing, looking around at the Flyers player he had just floored and the Flyers captain still lying on the floor after the fight.

+3 Bégin again just cause

Wow, that was a crazy first period. Looks like hard-nosed playoff hockey. 2-1 Habs. Nice passing play on the first goal. Nice rush by Bouillon to get his first of the year. Props to him. Looked like Gorges might battle but he was looking up ice to see if they scored. Smart move. Love how the kid steps in for his mates. Even though the Habs had 3 PP's early, how they ended up shorthanded after the Begin hit is brutal. Marginal call on the charge, but Smith should have had the extra 2. Very physical game and hope the boys can keep it up in the 2nd and 3rd. Get the next goal to deflate the Flyers.

The pairing of Bouillon and Gorges on for both the Habs goals. They are looking like a nice 3rd pairing that can play a solid 15 minutes a game.

That was a fun period.

The charge call on Begin was correct but Smith came after him should have got 2 for instigating.

My gf says

Oh 2 on 1

Oh nevermind its Bouillion (pretty much exactly what I was thinking) and then he scored a beauty WOW.

Ya I laughed when he wired it. I was like, "Well, there's cube's goal for the year."

That was a fun period.

My gf says

Oh 2 on 1

If that is a charge what is a clean hit? He did not launch himself at him, he hit him straight up.

I have viewed it on the PVR about 10 times and he does not leave his feet until he collides with him.

They might as well take hitting out of the game. And what Jason Smith did was an instigator penalty.

If that is a charge what is a clean hit? He did not launch himself at him, he hit him straight up.

I have viewed it on the PVR about 10 times and he does not leave his feet until he collides with him.

They might as well take hitting out of the game. And what Jason Smith did was an instigator penalty.

Well he did take like 7 stirdes before him, so that could be the reason oh well they killed it off.

And it was (Johnny :rolleyes: ) LaRue who made the call and he was at the other end of the ice. They showed the replay from the camera behind Price, and you could see #14 LaRue put his arm up...

Another tipped/redirected goal.......................... :angry: