Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 17/02/08

Cataclaw

Absolutely fan-f'n-tastic. I was hoping for 3 of 4 points from these games.

Price has to go v. Rags. Maybe he can break them. That team scares me - and evidently the Habs as well. The team should be well stoked for it, though. An easy sell for the coaching staff. Just keep our eyes off the standings and go out and beat Rags in a game that matters more than the previous three.

Brilliant, kudos again for beating the Goon Show. Have they ever been any different?

Wamsley: "All it does is ###### up Prices save percentage, who cares" ;)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Cote goal against Price was a little fishy. Good thing Max got the insurance. I though Lappiere played very well tonight. Noone really noticed him, but he drew penalties, ans was aggressive all night. Cube was a beast too.

I thought that Cote goal against Price was a little fishy. Good thing Max got the insurance. I though Lappiere played very well tonight. Noone really noticed him, but he drew penalties, ans was aggressive all night. Cube was a beast too.

Oh well Price was frozen by Cote and allowed a meaningless goal. All he cares about are the wins.

Weren't they booing Briere when he touched the puck as well?

Yes they were. a huge gang of Cage aux Sports employees took a few buses down to Philly for this game! We could hear them all night!

That Rivet to San Jose for Gorges and a 1st is looking better and better with each game.

Let's wait and see how Paccioretty pans out, but yes, the trade is looking good up to now!

Great win. Excellent games played by a number of players, especially Gorges and Bouillon. That Rivet to San Jose for Gorges and a 1st is looking better and better with each game.

I will 2nd that one. If Pax turns out to be anything decent, we'll look back and really love that deal. Got rid of the two slow footed d-man Souray and Rivet, and now the Habs have a pretty mobile D, with some size and grit. Still could use a little more size though.

Thank God for Roman Hamrlik!

(Full credit to Price, but I hope everyone has noticed how we *suddenly* got back on track with the return of the Hammer... ^_^ )

Yeah Hamrlik has been hueg but come on Price has played great now for 3 games.

btw - with the PK from tonight, the habs now have an 81.8% PK. Good enough for 14th in the league and better than Ottawa.

Ours has been improving and Ottawa's is definitely getting worse.

I hope we all realize that the more Price plays the better he gets even if he loses a game in the next few I don't know how you can go back to huet.

I'd go back to Huet on a Price loss no questions asked: can't risk Huet being rusty if Price starts stinking it up.

Yeah Hamrlik has been hueg but come on Price has played great now for 3 games.

Come on, he let in 2 bad ones tonight and he was fortunate that Carter missed an empty tap in last night.

He is at least 2-3 years away JMMR. You need to come to that realization.

Naaah... keep dangling that carrot in front of him.

He keeps playing like this, and you wait til the end, there will be at least 20 GMs dangling carrots in front of him....and theirs might be better carrots than BG's.

He keeps playing like this, and you wait til the end, there will be at least 20 GMs dangling carrots in front of him....and theirs might be better carrots than BG's.

I would still roll the dice on him to prove it next year. I really doubt there will be 20 GMs offering big bucks to a 36 year old forward.

Plus AK resigned here when we were far from a contender, why would he leave next year?

I would still roll the dice on him to prove it next year....AK resigned here when we were far from a contender, why would he leave next year?

If not being re-signed before the contract is up is perceived as disprespect, you never know what could happen. I'd rather extend him now (and by doing so, maybe pay less than if waiting til he is getting other offers...important in the new salary cap era).

Edited by sbhatt

I really doubt there will be 20 GMs offering big bucks to a 36 year old forward.

Any team with talented young players that they want to get to the next level would be foolish not to sign AK-27 to play with them. Pittsburgh makes me nervous...I can't help but think he'd be a perfect fit playing alongside Malkin or Crosby.

Any team with talented young players that they want to get to the next level would be foolish not to sign AK-27 to play with them. Pittsburgh makes me nervous...I can't help but think he'd be a perfect fit playing alongside Malkin or Crosby.

I have to laugh a bit at this. Last year, everyone was champing at the bit to GET RID of Kovalev for a used jock strap. Now we're being urged to extend his contract come hell or high water :lol:

The prudent thing is to wait. If he still plays at this (unedniably incredible) level for the first half of 08-09, then look to resign him for two years if you can. But he might want more years than that, and at more dough than he currently makes. And we might have more young players, more fully developed offensively, by then (e.g., a guy like Lats might take a step up, Kostityn might have fully bloomed, etc.). We might also be able to bag a UFA along the way. Under these circumstances, we should trade him at the deadline.

It's a long, winding path, and Bob will pursue a patient course. Stay cool.