What's the deal with Chad Kilger?

Nilan25

I'd be interested in the story behind his leave of absense and suspension as well - Chad was one of my fav Habs and I've been following him ever since he made his way to Toronto via waivers. Here's hoping it's nothing too serious, but my guess is there's something weird/bad up behind his departure.

I'd be interested in the story behind his leave of absense and suspension as well - Chad was one of my fav Habs and I've been following him ever since he made his way to Toronto via waivers. Here's hoping it's nothing too serious, but my guess is there's something weird/bad up behind his departure.

Not a word in Toronto about what has been going on.

When people say the Toronto media is tough they are crazy. No way that the Montreal media doesn't dig up what is going on

if a player disappeared for 3 months.

Probably never know, now that he is in Florida.

When people say the Toronto media is tough they are crazy. No way that the Montreal media doesn't dig up what is going on

What the hell are you talking about? I know he was traded, but what's going on?

I always laugh when they say they are playing in a fishbowl in Toronto. They are fawned over by the media who are mostly fans. With the exception of Bob McCowan. Why do you think all those guys refused to waive their no trade clauses? Its a cushy enviroment. Try dealing with a Rejean Tremblay!!

Maybe KiLLger murdered someone and he's hiding in the Canadian north? I'm sure he's all parka'd up with his AK and a lifetime supply of can'o'beans. Chillin' like a villain in an ingloo.

I'll bet it's the same type of thing like Corson and Brisebois. Anxiety!!!!!!! When shit is not going good in your life, your head can take you to weird places that actually make your body start doing strange things and tricking you into thinking your sick. I have had people around me go through it. It takes over their lives. I don't know, but it sounds like emotional crap Kilger is going through.

Probably when he found out that he was traded from Toronto he became so overcome with joy that he snapped.

:hlogo:

He was missing a number of games for the Leafs before the trade for 'personal reasons', too. I heard someone on the radio make a reference to family health issues, but no word on who's sick (or if it's indeed Chad himself).

My guess is that the media knows exactly what's going on, but are respecting his privacy.

My guess is that the media knows exactly what's going on, but are respecting his privacy.

The chance that this is in fact the case is what's scaring me - from a Kilger fan point of view. Only because if it wasn't anything serious, the news would have broke by now.

He's been suspended by FLA without pay.

I reckon he's now working as a spy. A spy who plays hockey.

We call him ... HockeySpy

I heard there was a purse thieving ring in Florida and NHL players were implicated in the plot.

Might have something to with it. ;)

Team 990 today said that he is going through a brutal divorce and it is screwing him up big time. They also said that Florida is trying to have the trade nullified.

Well, I hope the best for Chad, and if he doesn't return this year, FLA should certainly be compensated.

Probably the "play/report". The Panthers will probably argue that Toronto knew Kilger was not willing to play due to his personal issues. Alternatively, it could be possible that they mean a certain condition on the trade wasn't met.

Nullified because he won't play/report or the deal was never done right?

Probably the "play/report". The Panthers will probably argue that Toronto knew Kilger was not willing to play due to his personal issues. Alternatively, it could be possible that they mean a certain condition on the trade wasn't met.

Yes, they said that he was off on personal reasons before the trade. They did not mention how many games he missed with the leafs or how long he expected to be away from the Panthers.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of response to my coy "purse remark."

:lol:

Happy now?

:king:

I dont know if you guys mentionned it but when he was traded, Kilder did aks the panthers for time off. he just never came back.

if it was substance abuse or physical health problems, we would probably know by now.

Kilger is likely to miss the rest of the season, this is what his agent had to say.

"Chad's going through some anxiety issues and they're very private," agent Larry Kelly told the National Post, in a story posted on their website Thursday. "I fully expect that he'll be fine in the not-so-distant future and I hope that he'll get back to playing shortly thereafter."

I wouldn't blame the Panthers for trying to cancel the trade.

I've heard that it's because he came out of the closet.

Probably no realness behind that story.

If he was in a closet and came and started to play I would become a fan of him right away. it would take alot of nerve to do so.

If he was in a closet and came and started to play I would become a fan of him right away. it would take alot of nerve to do so.

At the start of your quote it sounded like you were on your way to coming out of the closet. But no I get what you mean about that it would take alot of balls to do so.

I think having a gay guy on a a team could really make alot of players uncomfortable.