Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 24/03/08

Cataclaw

anybody have an idea of how much this will cost for the full season next year?

I don't expect it will be that much. NHL centre Ice is only about $200.00. It would have to be half that to make it worth it. I wish i could read french better. I'm a little unconfident about paying for tonight's game. I would like to watch it at work.

Begin needs a repeat performance of Saturday. We need a few beasts out there.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

london ontario?

London, England, unfortunately. Although I've found a Canadian-themed pub that screens hockey games, so I think I know where I'll be for all the Habs' playoff games...

The Maple Leaf

Any guesses on how many goals the Habs will pot tonight?

I feel as though the Koivu line is the key to winning this game. The Kovalev line will be drawing Phillips and Volchenkov all night long, so our second line is going to have to generate some offense. And we definitely need to cash in our power play chances tonight.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. Pierre and Yvon were right, the Ryder-Koivu-S. Kost line was starting to gel and create some chances. This'll be a tight, playoff style game. I think that Lats won't play, so maybe we'll see Dandy. Hopefully he'll continue his streak of scoring the game back from being in the pressbox.

Big game for us, obviously. If we win, we prove we can beat Ottawa, prove we can win without Komisarek (2-0), distance ourselves from Ottawa, pushing them into the the bottom group of postseason teams (as opposed to the Montreal, NJ, Pittsburgh pack) and essentially confirming our NE division title.

If we lose, Ottawa is breathing down our necks and we have to work our asses off to win 1st in the East/division, we start to doubt ourselves without Komisarek to look after us, we start to fear drawing Ottawa in the playoffs and we can tumble into 4th, 5th, or (with the emergence of the Rangers) 6th place.

Big game for us, obviously. If we win, we prove we can beat Ottawa, prove we can win without Komisarek (2-0), distance ourselves from Ottawa, pushing them into the the bottom group of postseason teams (as opposed to the Montreal, NJ, Pittsburgh pack) and essentially confirming our NE division title.

If we lose, Ottawa is breathing down our necks and we have to work our asses off to win 1st in the East/division, we start to doubt ourselves without Komisarek to look after us, we start to fear drawing Ottawa in the playoffs and we can tumble into 4th, 5th, or (with the emergence of the Rangers) 6th place.

No pressure, eh? :P

No pressure, eh? :P

Yeah, but every game is going to have implications like this as we go down the stretch.

I already consider the Habs 2-0 without Komisarek he played 2 mins the game he got hurt.

How are we going to beat them. I still dont know how Toronto was able to.

keep the puck away from them and hit them.

simple, eh?

Shooting the puck a lot (I'm looking at you Sergei) would help too.

This will be a tough test tonite. So far the Habs have struggled with the Sens. What i would like to see is pretty simple. Crash and bang the Spezza-Heatley-Alfie line every time they touch the puck in the first period. Even use the sticks and use some dirty play would be fine with me. Slash them and run them every chance in the first. Might cause a few penalties but will make them aware. Would love to see Hammy put one of them through the boards.

This will be a tough test tonite. So far the Habs have struggled with the Sens. What i would like to see is pretty simple. Crash and bang the Spezza-Heatley-Alfie line every time they touch the puck in the first period. Even use the sticks and use some dirty play would be fine with me. Slash them and run them every chance in the first. Might cause a few penalties but will make them aware. Would love to see Hammy put one of them through the boards.

I don't think putting Ottawa on the PP repeatedly is a good idea. Aside from exposing our underbelly (the PK), it would put extra strain on our depleted D corps.

I have no problem with Lapierre, Begin, O'Byrne, and Cube getting physical with the Sens - in fact I think it essential - but we have to end the night with fewer PIM than them.

The powerplay of Ottawa and Philly has been lethal of late - we can't afford to let them get up by a goal in the first period, especially not early on, because we never come back from those. If we can't score in the first five minutes, we better not take any bad penalties then either.

But watching Hamrlik take out Stillman would be fantastic.

I do agree the Habs can't take a bunch of penalties, but what they have done against the Sens and especially the top line has not worked, so make those guys pay a bigger price. I realize it's not the Habs ideal way to play, but they must make it tougher on the Sens top line. Would like to see a line of maybe Lapierre, Begin and S.Kostits line up against those guys as they have the speed to keep up and could be really irritating to play against. Guys like Smokes and Kostopolous just don't have the skating ability to keep up.

For anyone who's concerned about the feed from RDS...

So far it looks amazing. definitely worth the 29.39 I spent..

With the way the Euro is right now that comes out to about 14 euros!

Pal mal, pas mal....

Come on boys, make me get my money's worth!!

Edited by Helmethead

For anyone who's concerned about the feed from RDS...

So far it looks amazing. definitely worth the 29.39 I spent..

With the way the Euro is right now that comes out to about 17 euros!

Pal mal, pas mal....

Come on boys, make me get my money's worth!!

I'll check it out if it's not on Sportsnet

Well... we can still trade his rights at the draft. :P

And after that, when he signs with the Leafs (I'd bet £100 that's what happens), I'll send the shirt to someone in Toronto, in the hope he'll be as disappointing for them as he was this season.

Until then, Go Ryder Go!