Habsworld's #1 public enemy

JoeLassister

My #1 enemy in the league is...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. As a Habs Fan, what team do you hate most ?

• Boston
    • Buffalo
    • Ottawa
    • Toronto
    • NYR
    • Philly
    • NYI
    • Pittsburgh
    • New Jersey
    • Florida
    • Atlanta
    • Tampa Bay
    • Washington
    • Carolina
    • A team in the West (wich one)
  2. 2. What team comes at #2 on your hating list ?

• Boston
    • Buffalo
    • Ottawa
    • Toronto
    • NYR
    • Philly
    • NYI
    • Pittsburgh
    • New Jersey
    • Florida
    • Atlanta
    • Tampa Bay
    • Washington
    • Carolina
    • A team in the West (wich one)

I go with Toronto, obviously...

for #2, hesitated between Boston and Carolina, went with Carolina for obvious reasons (playoffs elimination, Brind'Amour, Williams/Koivu incident, Cole, Cam Ward, etc)

Edited by JoeLassister

I really hate the Flyers and Bruins...but I don't think there is a word that describes how much I do not like the Leafs. If the franchise were a person I wouldn't say I would want them dead (like a holla back girl), I just wouldn't want the to be alive...anymore. :rolleyes:

better question might be who is #2! as much as i wish there was another team i despised more - there is no one i'd be more disturbed about if they ever won the Stanley Cup

better question might be who is #2! as much as i wish there was another team i despised more - there is no one i'd be more disturbed about if they ever won the Stanley Cup

good idea , edited.

i already voted before the poll was edited, so i can't vote for #2 - so - i'll comment here

i've always hated the other Canadian teams more - perhaps because of the Oiler Dynasty, perhaps because their fans were more populace around me, but more likely because the media seemed to make it an issue of national pride when to me it's more of a city pride thing. i don't like Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto or Ottawa. i didn't like Winnipeg or ESPECIALLY the Nordiques.

i'm gonna have to make my enemy #2 the Sens since when i lived in Kingston i was sandwiched between Maples fans to the west and Sens fans to the east ... and i didn't want EITHER of those teams to EVER have ANY success. the only reason i'm happy they exist is as punching bags for the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge.

:ghg:

I go with Toronto, obviously...

for #2, hesitated between Boston and Carolina, went with Carolina for obvious reasons (playoffs elimination, Brind'Amour, Williams/Koivu incident, Cole, Cam Ward, etc)

me too, TO, but I pity them right now :)

Bruins and Nordiques were always my FAVOURITE teams aside from the Habs. I LOVED hating them. Still like the Broons, moreso now that the assclown Sinden has relinquished control. If the Diques ever came back, I'd be the biggest hockey fan ever. THAT was the best rivalry in sport.

Toronto? Really? That't not hate or rivalry so much as pity. 41 years and counting. Even their coach thinks they stink.

I know most people would go with the Leafs, but I gotta pick the Flyers - they to me are the Anti-Habs, and represent everything that's bad in hockey. Broad Street Bullies, Clarke, Lindros, that awful LeClair/Desjardins trade, and numerous attempts to intimidate and injure everybody and anybody over the years..............and of course let's not forget last year's playoffs.

Bruins at #2, I have to echo Colin here - it's a team you love to hate, and love to beat even more. So here's to more of the same this year, perhaps with the addition of Big Georges pummeling Chara at least a couple of times......

How can you hate the Bruins when we have had sooo much success against them in regular season and playoffs.

I hate Ottawa so much. I cannot stand their players (Neil, Donovan, Heatley, Spezza, Phillips, Bass, Gerber).

I know most people would go with the Leafs, but I gotta pick the Flyers - they to me are the Anti-Habs, and represent everything that's bad in hockey. Broad Street Bullies, Clarke, Lindros, that awful LeClair/Desjardins trade, and numerous attempts to intimidate and injure everybody and anybody over the years..............and of course let's not forget last year's playoffs.

Bruins at #2, I have to echo Colin here - it's a team you love to hate, and love to beat even more. So here's to more of the same this year, perhaps with the addition of Big Georges pummeling Chara at least a couple of times......

I just don't agree with your statement on this trade. Recchi, IMHO, has been the best player in the 90's for the Habs, aside from Roy.

How can you hate the Bruins when we have had sooo much success against them in regular season and playoffs.

I hate Ottawa so much. I cannot stand their players (Neil, Donovan, Heatley, Spezza, Phillips, Bass, Gerber).

I guess it started in '94 when they took us out in the 1st round after we'd won it all the year before. My personal opinion is that they also took us out last year - yeah, it was technically Philly, but by the time we got to them we were running on E. And let's not forget Harry Sinden, Derek Sanderson, Cam Neely, Zdeno Chara, Kyle McLaren, the most cynical owner in pro sports this side of Jeffrey Loria and of course the obnoxious Boston hockey fans, who had their ability to give due credit to an opponent for anything surgically removed at birth..........For starters....

I just don't agree with your statement on this trade. Recchi, IMHO, has been the best player in the 90's for the Habs, aside from Roy.

I actually don't disagree with you on Mark Recchi and always liked him, I just think we gave up way too much to get him. Compare LeClair's Philly and Recchi's Montreal stats after the trade, and even then it's questionable. Add an all star, puck-moving defenseman such as Eric Desjardins and it becomes a robbery. Just my opinion, though.

the leafs and the bruins are my 1 and 2 pick, but ottawa fan piss me off the most..i lived just outside of ottawa for 7 years and i had to listen to ottawa fan tell me everything that was on sportsdesk day after day...so now i call ottawa fans the highlight fans..

Since Im not a longtime habsfan (only like since 93-94-ish) the only team I really have totally HATED have been Carolina for a few reasons, there should not be a NHL hockeyteam there... 100s of towns up north that should have a team before them and then its the two painful playoff exits dealt by them. I just hate them. I cant pick Toronto because I want them to be in the NHL.

2nd I picked Buffalo... I just hate that guy in tv thats so damn famous who yells weird stuff everytime they score a goal and I really dont like that team either for some reason, maybe because we havent been able to win so much against them during my time as a habsfan.

2nd I picked Buffalo... I just hate that guy in tv thats so damn famous who yells weird stuff everytime they score a goal and I really dont like that team either for some reason, maybe because we havent been able to win so much against them during my time as a habsfan.

la la la La La LA LA LA LAFONTAAAAAAAAIIINNNNNE

Slap gramma off the chair, I needa siddown!

Him and the guy from Pittsburgh are classic. LOVE THEM.

Hehe, you beat me to it Joe. I wanted to create a topic to discuss this matter,

Number 1 in my mind is obviously Boston. We hate them, they hate us and we both have a very good team this season.

In normal times, Toronto would be an obvious number 2 but this is no normal times. It's hard to hate a team that's in the bottom 5 of the league with the likes of LA and Atlanta while you're in the top 5. They are in rebuild mde and they have obviously given up on this season already. It's pratically like we don't play in the same league. We just take the easy points and move on.

I would look in the Atlantic for more worthy rivalries. Games against Philly, Pittsburgh and Rangers are always hard fought intense battles and I see no reason for it to change this season. I would give the nod to Philly as number 2 rival due to our recent playoff serie but that could change.

I just hate that guy in tv thats so damn famous who yells weird stuff everytime they score a goal

I love the guy because he is hilarious.

If he was Habs announcer I'd be pissed, but you can laugh if he is announcing a different team.

"Top shelf where mama hides the cookies"

"May Day!! May Day!!"

CLASSIC

Boston tops my list, followed by Philly.

Ok, let's get the Leafs' case cleared first: the Leafs are not worth my hate. Scorn is more like it. To hate them is to give them more of something they already have too much of: undeserved attention.

Boston is #1 because we have history against them. Playoffs history, every decade. And because the Bruins' fans genuinely hate everything about the Habs and Montreal. Leafs fans are just secretly wishing they could be Montrealers and Habs fans. Bruins' fans would nuke Montreal if they could

Philly is #2 because, like someone mentioned, they're really the anti-Habs. They're the Bruins, but dirtier, darker, eviler. And they've got probably the worse scum-of-the-earth fan base in hockey. Take a Bruins fan, remove what little brains he has, and you've got a Flyers fan.

I choose Philly in 1st. not only because they beat us last year but also because they beat us in the Briere sweepstake and they always found a way to beat us in the 90s, john leclair having his best games against us.

secondo: The Devils. while they used to be a Fav of mine( owned a Shanahan jersey), I grew tired of Brodeur shuting us out, beating us in the Playoffs and scoring a goal in the playoffs ???

until that great win late in the season last year, I found that Mtl had an inferiority complex with the Devils. BUT NOW !! the will be our biatch for many many years to come. if Lapierre and Guillaume could take a book of Avery's book on how to disturb Btrodeur :lol: