Carey Price dumps unlucky red, goes back to lucky white.

ForumGhost

That's right, Carey is done with the monstrously unlucky (albeit quite pretty) red pads and gone back to old whiteys! Hurray!

Well, I hope it works, goalies are strange..

Confidence is everything for a goalie but this worries me.. is he is that mentally delicate that the colour of his pads makes a difference???

It's up on Habs Inside/Out.

In the brief article, it says the reason why Carey wears white is that they blend in with the ice and the boards, while the red give an optical illusion of him being bigger. I guess the 2nd optical effect wasn't as strong as the first one.

Edited by ForumGhost

This might sound stupid, but I think this is great news. We all know how "wacky" goalies can be(Roy talking to his posts). But in reality it's all a question of confidence. When a goalie is confident, he can make the difference, but when he's not, he can also cause his team to lose a game!

Good decision Carey, go back to the pads that made you win...it's psychological!!

I've been thinking this for a long time. We saw the positive change when MA Fleury switched from the bright yellow pads to the white pads last season. Hopefully the same will be true for Carey.

Question: will he use them right away? Will they be broken in yet?

It's up on Habs Inside/Out.

In the brief article, it says the reason why Carey wears white is that they blend in with the ice and the boards, while the red give an optical illusion of him being bigger. I guess the 2nd optical effect wasn't as strong as the first one.

Good call Carey Price. Sounds kinda what i've been saying all along.

Carey Price's New Equipment

Edited by Habsfan84

Guess Price can go back to the red pads.....or maybe try some other colour..... pretty sad when your blaming your pads. Kinda sounds like he has no clue much like the rest of the club and coaching staff

Price was awesome tonight. Wrong again Kaos

Guess Price can go back to the red pads.....or maybe try some other colour..... pretty sad when your blaming your pads. Kinda sounds like he has no clue much like the rest of the club and coaching staff

Maybe it wasn't a question of the colour of the pads, but a question of how they felt around his legs. Maybe he's just more comfortable with his white pads? Maybe he didn't break the reds pads in yet?

Whatever the reason is, Carey had his white pads on and played his best game since the All star break.

It's a no brainer, Keep the white pads!