I will be so pissed if...

Nilan25

Honestly, I don't think the Leafs would fork over that kind of money for Komisarek. They got Luke Schenn and not to mention they got their Komisarek version last season with Jeff Finger.

Doubt Komi would wanna sign there, but i guess we'll see what the market is. Just hope the Habs don't shell out over $4 M for him. No way he should make more than Marky.

Love to have Komi back, but at the right price.

Don't worry guys. Komi will sign and will be the next Captain :contract:

I'm not convinced! My gut is telling me that Komi didn't appreciate the fact that he still doesn't have a contract and will most definitely test free agency. (he'd be an idiot not to at this stage of the game) He only has to wait 4 more weeks. When that happens, you can be sure that somebody will offer him 5 million$ per year!

Way to go bob! :rolleyes:

I'm not convinced! My gut is telling me that Komi didn't appreciate the fact that he still doesn't have a contract and will most definitely test free agency. (he'd be an idiot not to at this stage of the game) He only has to wait 4 more weeks. When that happens, you can be sure that somebody will offer him 5 million$ per year!

Way to go bob! :rolleyes:

They will rue the day! Strong tough positional guys do not grow on trees.

If they dont resign him they might as well tank next year. Unless that somehow manages to sign Bouwmeester + aquire a good no1 centre. (ya right, likely that'll happen)

NHL should do a little twist on the cap rule and take away taxes from it.

If they dont resign him they might as well tank next year.

*Beating a dead horse alert* Problem is if we tank then get a good #1 C in the draft then wait for him to make the NHL then stubbornly refuse to sign him -- he also walks when he's 26. If Komi goes for nada Bob ought to fall on his sword it is terrible management to lose your assets before they reach their prime. With Ribeiro there were reasons with Komi there are none.

If they dont resign him they might as well tank next year. Unless that somehow manages to sign Bouwmeester + aquire a good no1 centre. (ya right, likely that'll happen)

NHL should do a little twist on the cap rule and take away taxes from it.

Am I the only person here who still watches hockey because I think it's fun and I love to root for my team? "We might as well tank?" What the hell is that? How is that any fun for the fans? It seems everyone else here watches hockey ONLY from a GM's point of view (and not very good one's at that).

Prepare to be pissed Psycing.

Always wondered how it would work if the taxes were levelled out. Who would make up the difference is a big starter question. But in theory a great thing.

FG, it seems that way on the forum, all cynicism and money and cap space and belittling players, but once the puck drops we are all 7 years old again, and everyone thinks for a few minutes that we will go on a run of the ages and win it all, even people like me branded ' a pessimist who sees the bad in everything'. But again, as has been said many times on many different posts, the Habs cannot tank.

Am I the only person here who still watches hockey because I think it's fun and I love to root for my team? "We might as well tank?" What the hell is that? How is that any fun for the fans? It seems everyone else here watches hockey ONLY from a GM's point of view (and not very good one's at that).

Ye maybe yer right, this team actually finished 1st in the east just a year ago. Id still want us to get that superstar centre because Im fed up with kovalev having a great season and then having a so/so year and so on. There is very little consitency on this team. Most of the player have rollercoaster careers having good to great seasons followed by really bad ones year after year. Its not just kovalev, Its the same with Koivu and now Komisarek as well. Hopefully we will get a good coach who can work the players better.

Am I the only one that isn't too worried about losing Komisarek? Yes. he is a big tough guy, but he isn't an elite defenceman. He was actually kind of horrible in the middle of the season and was almost benched if not for injuries. I am a fan of Komi's and would love to have him back, but if he walks from the $4M offer then why not throw like $3M at Bouchemin?!? (Probably spelled wrong)

My point is, if Komi doesn't resign it isn't the end of the world. I think if we can get Markov completely healthy, get Emelin over, and get a couple of big bodies - (Beauch and McLaren?) then our D will be MUCH improved.

Markov - Beauchemin

Emelin - Gorges

McLaren - Schneider/OByrne/Boullion

We need to start fixing our forwards, cause having 3 3rd lines is not going to get us anywhere, regardless of our D!

Am I the only one that isn't too worried about losing Komisarek? Yes. he is a big tough guy, but he isn't an elite defenceman. He was actually kind of horrible in the middle of the season and was almost benched if not for injuries. I am a fan of Komi's and would love to have him back, but if he walks from the $4M offer then why not throw like $3M at Bouchemin?!? (Probably spelled wrong)

My point is, if Komi doesn't resign it isn't the end of the world. I think if we can get Markov completely healthy, get Emelin over, and get a couple of big bodies - (Beauch and McLaren?) then our D will be MUCH improved.

Markov - Beauchemin

Emelin - Gorges

McLaren - Schneider/OByrne/Boullion

We need to start fixing our forwards, cause having 3 3rd lines is not going to get us anywhere, regardless of our D!

Hamrlik?

*Beating a dead horse alert* Problem is if we tank then get a good #1 C in the draft then wait for him to make the NHL then stubbornly refuse to sign him -- he also walks when he's 26. If Komi goes for nada Bob ought to fall on his sword it is terrible management to lose your assets before they reach their prime. With Ribeiro there were reasons with Komi there are none.

UH you mean cause he played so well for 15% of the year, after being beat up by loose lips lucic he was a completely different player. I would offer him absolutely no more than 4 mill 2-3 years and hope he makes a comeback. I really like this guy and hope he does make a comeback but if it's more like last year he is virtually useless and wouldn't make the Dogs.

UH you mean cause he played so well for 15% of the year, after being beat up by loose lips lucic he was a completely different player. I would offer him absolutely no more than 4 mill 2-3 years and hope he makes a comeback. I really like this guy and hope he does make a comeback but if it's more like last year he is virtually useless and wouldn't make the Dogs.

I know what you're saying, what i mean is that a player like Komi, signed, is an asset. If so, we own him, then we can either keep him or trade him for something else. If not, we lose him for nothing. I agree he fell apart after the Lucic incident, it's too bad we finally have a few big guys but they don't play real big . . . . .

I know what you're saying, what i mean is that a player like Komi, signed, is an asset. If so, we own him, then we can either keep him or trade him for something else. If not, we lose him for nothing. I agree he fell apart after the Lucic incident, it's too bad we finally have a few big guys but they don't play real big . . . . .

well i guess my point would be that if we signed him before the all star break last year he would get a lot different contract than what we would offer him now, so 20 20 hindsight wins again.

• 2 weeks later...

First, the Habs can't make personnel decisions based on the fear that the Leafs will sign a guy. Having said that, Komi looks like Burke's cup of meat to me, and I would NOT be shocked to see him in the blue and white.

Second, I agree (and have said before) that if Komisarek walks it speaks exceedingly badly to Gainey's asset management, especially when you factor in that we lost another top-4 defenceman last year in Streit, under similar circumstances (i.e., Bob does zip to sign the guy until the last minute). There is no point in having good young players if you neither lock them up, nor trade them before losing them as UFAs. Streit and Komisarek are disturbing signs that the Habs are beginning to resemble the Montreal Expos in this respect - a talent farm shipping players to the rest of the league just as they enter their prime.

Third, despite all the rush to declare Komisarek a mediocre player based on his horrible season, it's not all that unusual for players to have off-years - in fact I remember none other than Mike Ribeiro having a sh*tty season when he was the same age, right before we did Dallas a favour. Something about that age bracket (it'd be interesting to do some research on whether there is a statistically tendency for players who break into the league in their early 20s to have off-years around age 25-26 - it happened to Higgins and Plekanec too!; sort of a secondary version of the 'sophomore slump'). Anyway, a player turning 27 is just entering his prime years, and I expect Komisarek to come back strong and resume his role as one of the league's most feared hitters and better shutdown guys. If we lose him, we will regret it - although whether we'll regret NOT paying him $5 mil + is another question.

As for tanking: A THOUSAND TIMES NO. Three words: Detroit Red Wings. You don't *need* to tank before you can excel. How can anyone with any sense of the history of this franchise advocate that? Besides, it would be suicide for all involved; they'd be fired before they could reap the benefits of high draft picks. Won't happen.

And lastly, we've definitely lost Emelin for at least one more season: http://habsinsideout.com/main/20520 Goddamn it.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

So one team out of 30 has a superb organisation that gets the best out of their every player of course says that we will surely be the same? Detroit got 2 miracle draftees in Zetterberg and Datsyuk and a Hossa that sign for alot less than marketvalue (like that would EVER EVER happen here). Dont compare this team to Detroit, that is just wrong. So if we fail to resign the good UFA's of this team and as usual fails to sign any better UFA's out there, how would this team look? Maybe its not like we got a choice, the team would be so bad that tanking would come automatic. Seriously I dont WANT to tank but id rather end up dead last than missing the playoffs by 1-10 points and end up 9-12th in the conferance like most of the late 90s-early2000s.

this is a quote obviously.

As for tanking: A THOUSAND TIMES NO. Three words: Detroit Red Wings. You don't *need* to tank before you can excel. How can anyone with any sense of the history of this franchise advocate that? Besides, it would be suicide for all involved; they'd be fired before they could reap the benefits of high draft picks. Won't happen.

And lastly, we've definitely lost Emelin for at least one more season: http://habsinsideout.com/main/20520 Goddamn it.

Edited by alexstream