[Game Thread] Atlanta Thrashers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergeron is here for PP, forced to play when and where he shouldn't I don't blame our D as much as curse the injuries.

We have a top pairing of Hammmer and Spacek for Christ sakes!

Bergeron is here for PP, forced to play when and where he shouldn't I don't blame our D as much as curse the injuries.

We have a top pairing of Hammmer and Spacek for Christ sakes!

Is it really worth it though?

Our powerplay hasn't exactly been tearing it up.

Is it really worth it though?

Our powerplay hasn't exactly been tearing it up.

They can't even set up Bergie right. They try too many plays down low when they should be just trying to move the box to set up Bergy's one-timer.

Anyway, whoever blames Bergeron on the 5th goal is dumb. Armstrong was left alone when the C (Gomez) should have been down low to cover him.

My god, can we put together ONE good game in front of Carey? The poor guy can't catch a break.

He has to make his own breaks.. like that point shot...

The difference was goaltending.. Pavelec make several saves that should have gone in... he came up big.

Price needs to steal a game, or at least not make a single error. Same goes for Halak. This team defense sucks and unless we get an outstanding performance from the goaltenders, we are not going to win.

They can't even set up Bergie right. They try too many plays down low when they should be just trying to move the box to set up Bergy's one-timer.

Anyway, whoever blames Bergeron on the 5th goal is dumb. Armstrong was left alone when the C (Gomez) should have been down low to cover him.

That was the late forward's man. Gomez or Cammy. What horrible coverage. Good coaching by Atlanta. How many times did they do that same play? Price looked horrible in the second and third. I can't believe only one goal was his fault. The slow high point shot. Carle and Gorges are pathetic. Lats and Patches looked great again. Some finish would be nice though.

WTF man? What a horrible game.

Edited by BCHabnut

The difference was goaltending.. Pavelec make several saves that should have gone in... he came up big.

Price needs to steal a game, or at least not make a single error. Same goes for Halak. This team defense sucks and unless we get an outstanding performance from the goaltenders, we are not going to win.

In all honesty the goalies were the only reason this game wasn't 10-9, because both teams decided to play a game of pond hockey tonight. Brutal defense on both sides.

That was the late forward's man. Gomez or Cammy. What horrible coverage. Good coaching by Atlanta. How many times did they do that same play? Price looked horrible in the second and third. I can't believe only one goal was his fault. The slow high point shot. Carle and Gorges are pathetic. Lats and Ptches looked great again. Some finish would be nice though.

Yeh, NHL 10's AI learning would have figured out that play in less than half the time.

Price does NOT need to steal a game or NOT make a single error. He just needs to be consistent for 60 mins. It's all between his ears. I think his instability rubs off on the rest of the team. They play with more confidence in front of Halak.

AGREED, PRICE needs to make timely saves..being average isnt good enough...thats barely good enough for a backup keeper...He keeps on "training" " gaining experience" ;)

HALAK, is a FA this coming year, he needs to be signed this season before he goes elsewhere, Same with Plekanec!!

Hamrlik +2, 28 minutes....Bergeron 10 minutes -2...says it all ( refer my comments on the MA Bergeron thread)

But lack of depth, mainly AK, Lapierrer, Latendresse, Dagostini, are not contributing...

We havent replaced all the players we lost...Yes, all the FA we signed are doing way better than the ones left...

HALAK, play him, give Price time, and patience! HALAK : 5 and 2, Price 2 and 6

DONT PLAY MA Bergeron!!

Secondary scoring has to begin sooner or later!!

Edited by HabsWEST

That was the late forward's man. Gomez or Cammy. What horrible coverage. Good coaching by Atlanta. How many times did they do that same play? Price looked horrible in the second and third. I can't believe only one goal was his fault. The slow high point shot. Carle and Gorges are pathetic. Lats and Patches looked great again. Some finish would be nice though.

I'll give Carle a pass for the couple of mistakes (fell twice) he did. First NHL game in Montreal, surely was nervous. Won't give him a pass on his next game though.

Gorges. Ugh. I dont understand why, whenever he has the puck in the defensive zone, he can't just move it and just stays there juggling with it waiting for the opponents to be on him and steal the puck from him. Annoys me to no end.