Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

At the trade deadline last season, it was reported that Souray asked for a trade. When confronted, he said something to this effect:

"I like the Habs, but I never asked for a trade, I was just exploring the possibilities. It was just something I thought of."

Basically, he asked Gainey that if he was going to trade Souray, he would prefer being traded to the West.

wow i never heard about that

Its not like he asked for a trade.. but probably heard rumours and asked Bob that if he was moved, it would be nice to go to a west team.

:hlogo:

It haunts me to mention this. Eklund is saying that Jason Allison is possibly signing with Montreal (E3) or Washington.

Allison makes Ribeiro look like a speedskater...imagine him trying to keep up with S&K.

Good on the PP though.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I highly doubt it.. hes gone on record a few times saying that he wants to be part of the Habs long term plans. I think he'll give Bob first choice.

Other than disgruntled NFL receivers, I don't think you ever really hear someone say otherwise. Then when the money comes, the tune changes.

Sigh...make that another "Insider" saying Allison could be coming to the Habs.

From Code:

"According to several sources that I’ve spoke to last night and this morning, Jason Allison has narrowed it down to the Flames, Caps and the Habs. Sources that I spoke with told me that the Habs contact Allison a few weeks back, and talked about a one year contract."

Sigh...make that another "Insider" saying Allison could be coming to the Habs.

From Code:

"According to several sources that I’ve spoke to last night and this morning, Jason Allison has narrowed it down to the Flames, Caps and the Habs. Sources that I spoke with told me that the Habs contact Allison a few weeks back, and talked about a one year contract."

Hmmm.. I wouldnt want him on anything other than the 4th line C to play the PK.

Allison is horrid defensively...

My bad I meant PP... but I wouldnt put him anywhere other than the 4th line C still unless he beats Bonk. He did have a point a game for the Leafs last year did he not?

those 60pts are like Alexei Yashin pts. A lot of assists during the power play to a guy who can actually put the puck in the net.

Most of the game is 5 on 5, and he's useless in that regard.

here is just a thought and NOT a rumor...but I bet it will start soon.

Why not trade Huet and (insert pick or prospect or someone) to Philly for Gagne?

Philly needs some kind of goaltending and a major shakeup and the habs would love to have Gagne.

here is just a thought and NOT a rumor...but I bet it will start soon.

Why not trade Huet and (insert pick or prospect or someone) to Philly for Gagne?

Philly needs some kind of goaltending and a major shakeup and the habs would love to have Gagne.

Such a rumour wouldn't surprise me, but it won't happen.

1) Gagne is a LW, we need a centre. Where would he play?

2) He's far overpriced. Even if we could afford him, Bob wouldn't want that kind of albatross around our necks.

We dont need old slow players we need a 20 year old powerfoward who can put the puck in the net every game and will score 50 goals a season!!!!

interesting:

found on tsn

Coyotes News: Phoenix and San Jose were close to striking a deal in which the Coyotes would have acquired goaltender Evgeni Nabokov in exchange for a package featuring defenseman Nick Boynton, but talks broke down late in the week, The Post has learned. - New York Post

The fourth Period is releasing some stuff saying that Philly is baiting for a trade with Gagne. (they need a goalie........) I would not do it in my opinion

The fourth Period is releasing some stuff saying that Philly is baiting for a trade with Gagne. (they need a goalie........) I would not do it in my opinion

not in montreal. we don't need underachievers in the playoffs.