Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

he's from new jersey( a subburb of philadelphia). I don't know where I heard that yesterday but clarke would be Ryan's godfather.

Makes sense. I was in Wildwood, New Jersey at the time. Maybe 2 hours away from Philly.

Makes sense. I was in Wildwood, New Jersey at the time. Maybe 2 hours away from Philly.

actuyally, alot of flyers players live in new jersey.

Montreal could probably stand to use some more sandpaper up front. Word out of Florida is that Nathan Horton is unhappy about his situation there. A Michael Ryder and propect or pick for Nathan Horton could be a interesting move. Horton shoots right, plays right wing and brings plenty of grit. Plus he's only 21 and puts up about the same amount of goals and points as Ryder. Could be a good way to make the team younger, more physical and better all in one shot. BUt I doubt Florida will give up on him already. He was a 3rd overall pick

Word out of Florida according to Spector is Olli isn't happy.That was said today. I wonder if Gainey is trying to land him. How great woul that be?

Word out of Florida according to Spector is Olli isn't happy.That was said today. I wonder if Gainey is trying to land him. How great woul that be?

a dream come true IMO !!

BG's job is to try to land guys like Olli... however, that's the job of 29 other GMs too.

I think I would give up a lot for Jokinen but I believe the Panthers if they are looking to deal him will be looking to the WEST and be looking for a 1st rounder + 1 or 2 top quality prospects or young NHL talents.

I think I would give up a lot for Jokinen but I believe the Panthers if they are looking to deal him will be looking to the WEST and be looking for a 1st rounder + 1 or 2 top quality prospects or young NHL talents.

I better give alot for jokinen than forsberg. at least we know the 1st one will be with us for a longer time than the latter. he'd be our big center that we've been waiting for.

The Smolinski Aucoin for Samsonov and Rivet rumour is heating up again. That would be a really bad trade for the Habs. Smolinski for samsonov is fine, but the one thing the Habs don't need is another underacieving high priced player. Especially one who is old, slow and always injured.

This one strikes again, from RDS.ca... is this just reheated old news, or persistent rumours coming to reality?

À travers la LNH

Lundi 05 février 2007 - (RDS.ca) – Les partisans du Canadien qui souhaitent voir Bob Gainey bouger d’ici la date limite des transactions pourraient bien être servis puisqu’une rumeur originaire de Toronto a traversé la frontière pour aboutir à Chicago.

Le Chicago Sun-Times, citant notre station sœur TSN, rapporte dans son édition de lundi que les Blackhawks pourraient céder le défenseur Adrian Aucoin en retour de l’attaquant russe Sergei Samsonov et du vétéran défenseur Craig Rivet.

Aucoin, qui a signé un pacte de quatre ans évalué à 16 millions $ avec Chicago en juillet 2005, a été ennuyé par toutes sortes de blessures depuis son arrivé dans la Ville des vents. Il n’a disputé que 64 rencontres sur une possibilité de 134 depuis qu’il s’est joint aux Blackhawks.

Chicago possède beaucoup de profondeur en défensive, mais a un urgent besoin d’attaquants.

I also read the habs would send Ryder and the hawks word add Lapointe

Lapointe will NEVER play in montreal. he turned his back once and now he's too old.

To sum up a few of EK's posts. The following players have been linked to rumours with the Habs. You guys know how to react to these but it is worth mentioning.

Aucoin...he is not sold that he is coming to Montreal but he has been linked to many other sites. He thinks the NYI are also looking at Aucoin.

Bertuzzi...he claims Montreal e2 and Pittsburgh are in the running

Carter (Anson) and Zherdev

Chris Simon

Nagy...claims to be "heating up"...but that was thursday.

He has Samsonov going to Chicago, Anaheim or Boston.

Nothing new, but forsberg is reportedly back in the habs crosshairs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...205_160627_4840

here is the most relevant part

" From where we sit the perfect fit is Montreal. The Canadiens are good enough to make some noise in the playoffs. They certainly have a need for Forsberg's extraordinary playmaking skills, skills that would give them a much-feared second line threat and some physical size up the middle. And since Forsberg is a student of the game and appreciative of its rich history, the city is a good fit as well. It's big enough and appealing enough for someone who is used to big city living and big city attractions. It's also known that Forsberg has a great deal of respect for Montreal general manager Bob Gainey and coach Guy Carbonneau dating back to his days in Colorado when those two were in Dallas together. Colorado-Dallas provided some of the best playoff matches out of the West while Forsberg was in Denver and the respect was mutual on both sides.

The view from here is that Forsberg's choice really comes down to two Canadian teams: Toronto and Montreal. It's Toronto if Sundin is onboard and the playoffs appear within reach or Montreal, where a deep playoff run is possible especially in light of the fact that Buffalo has dropped back to the pack and anything in the East now seems possible. Forsberg has spent a lot of time in Montreal this season, working with Bauer on a redesigned skate boot that finally seems to have solved his skating problems.

"

sounds good to me.

The Smolinski Aucoin for Samsonov and Rivet rumour is heating up again. That would be a really bad trade for the Habs. Smolinski for samsonov is fine, but the one thing the Habs don't need is another underacieving high priced player. Especially one who is old, slow and always injured.

If that happens, I'd like the habs to acquire the rights on Jonathan Toews and fill our lineup with nice skills.

If that happens, I'd like the habs to acquire the rights on Jonathan Toews and fill our lineup with nice skills.

sure why not add tuomo ruutu, cam barker and brent seabrooke.

calm down, i've never say we would not give something back...

we don't have anything that chicago would take for toews. they are rebuilding so they surely won't trade their no1 prospect even if we give them all we have.

some radio channel as announced Souray and Koivu to ottawa...but thats it lol

i heard it at work...and now on the stock exchange...

( i dont think this is going to happend) i think it as to be 730 ckac