Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Nobody can have fun when Commandant is around. There's a professional in our ranks, correcting all our jokes to facts.

So I guess next time, we should allow you to throw tantrums about players without facts?

Sounds like the behaviour of someone who doesn't post here anymore with a Plekanec obsession.

Save the "narrative" talk for your crappy journalism.

Nobody can have fun when Commandant is around. There's a professional in our ranks, correcting all our jokes to facts.

Yes, if I didn't remember that detail after watching every minute of the playoffs that year, the goal wasn't important.

I'll talk about narrative when you make crappy posts.... and the fact that you made a point with incorrect facts says more about your own crappy memory than it does about the goal.

If we want to talk about things that are Crappy of course.

So I guess next time, we should allow you to throw tantrums about players without facts?

Sounds like the behaviour of someone who doesn't post here anymore with a Plekanec obsession.

Throwing tantrums is good crappy fun.

Right...compared to calling certain opinions idiotic or stupid or posting denigrating movie clips to drive people off the site, then throwing up hands and making an arcane assertion that calling an opinion stupid and a person stupid are two different things.

How about I come out and say the website you both write for is stupid and childish? How about that.

This is a fan message board. Not a dialectical forum for good fun to be evaluated by wannabe sportswriters.

Stop being a Richard, dude. We're here to have fun and talk hockey. Not to be shouted down.

Right...compared to calling certain opinions idiotic or stupid or posting denigrating movie clips to drive people off the site, then throwing up hands and making an arcane assertion that calling an opinion stupid and a person stupid are two different things.

How about I come out and say the website you both write for is stupid and childish? How about that.

This is a fan message board. Not a dialectical forum for good fun to be evaluated by wannabe sportswriters.

Stop being a Richard, dude. We're here to have fun and talk hockey. Not to be shouted down.

priceleaves.gif

Guest Stogey24

No point in arguing with the guy. He's always right.

Dude you need to ease up on the anger. Quit being so sensitive. It's a hockey forum. Keep it to hockey. Commandant has a lot of good posts here. I don't agree with all of them. And we have disagreed and argued about a few topics but no need to get all ragey. Move on to the next subject. I don't want to chase more valuable posters off the board.

• Upvote 2

So lets review

You attack a player, as not scoring big goals

You misremember some stats that show he doesn't score big goals. (I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and not say make up, but we'll go with misremember).

When challenged on the stats, and told that the actual facts don't fit your narrative you start attacking my writing as crappy, you call my website stupid and childish, you call us wannabe sportswriters, and you claim you are just here to have fun.

Great work there.

Here's something else you could have tried. "Oh sorry, I got that wrong. I guess I was wrong about Pacioretty's history of scoring big goals."

Would make things a lot more fun than attacking me, when all I did was point out that it was YOU not me who made a mistake with the facts....

but yeah thats mature, and not "stupid and childish" in any way.

No point in arguing with the guy. He's always right.

I'm wrong many times... I'm fully willing to admit it too.

Especially if someone should me a specific and undisputable fact... such as the time of the game, and the score on the scoreboard, when Pacioretty scored against tampa was completely different from what i remembered.

Its not hard... when an indisputable fact shows you are wrong, just admit being wrong, don't attack the person

If you want to attack opinions, fine.... but there is a big difference between attacking an opinion and attacking a person. I didn't think a board with people who claim to be mature adults would have such a hard time differentiating the two.

• Upvote 1

Dude you need to ease up on the anger. Quit being so sensitive. It's a hockey forum. Keep it to hockey. Commandant has a lot of good posts here. I don't agree with all of them. And we have disagreed and argued about a few topics but no need to get all ragey. Move on to the next subject. I don't want to chase more valuable posters off the board.

This is a good post Thanks BCHabnut.

Commandant is a card carrying Richard. I've never seen anybody else have threads started about them, and this has happened multiple times, and for a reason. People like him, and his ilk Tyler Dellow and Andrew Berkshire don't understand they watch the same games as the rest of us bums. They feel they either have esoteric hockey knowledge or have a level of involvement with the game that allows them to talk down to people. And I'm not afraid to call out a bully when the others won't. The only reason he's here is to promote his draft coverage because let's see...he posted mostly this year and 2011-2012, why is that? Does it have anything to do with the Habs draft position?

I've said my peace, and put the Cancer on ignore.

Lovetts makes a valid point about condescending nerds, but his conclusion of ignoring a substantial contributor I think is an incorrect one. People take varying perspectives on the sport, and the emotional ra-ra IT'S A PART OF THE GAME folks have a worthy take just like the number crunchers. We have like eight contributors here, and Commandant's among the best, so we might as well hear them all.

Guest Stogey24

Commandant is a card carrying Richard. I've never seen anybody else have threads started about them, and this has happened multiple times, and for a reason. People like him, and his ilk Tyler Dellow and Andrew Berkshire don't understand they watch the same games as the rest of us bums. They feel they either have esoteric hockey knowledge or have a level of involvement with the game that allows them to talk down to people. And I'm not afraid to call out a bully when the others won't. The only reason he's here is to promote his draft coverage because let's see...he posted mostly this year and 2011-2012, why is that? Does it have anything to do with the Habs draft position?

Oh don't talk bad about Commadant man, he's the best poster on here. He's aloud to attack anyone who says anything he doesn't like, but God forbid you say anything bad about him.

This little clique is comical.

Okay guys, can we move on from this already? We'd like to avoid anyone attacking anyone, really. It's okay to have disagreements on the topics being discussed but keep it limited to the content of the post and not the poster itself.

Im a richard? Great

'em if they cant take a joke.

- Tucker Max

Oh don't talk bad about Commadant man, he's the best poster on here. He's aloud to attack anyone who says anything he doesn't like, but God forbid you say anything bad about him.

This little clique is comical.

The word your looking for is allowed.

Wow I think this little argument is a microcosm of the Habs season in general. Everything is great when we are winning but as soon as we start sucking every little frustration boils over.

Commandant = Pacioretty

Lovett = Subban

Looks like they just cant get along boys.....gonna have to get rid of one of them :scared:;) ah hell throw in the coach too while we are at it....

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Im a richard? Great

###### 'em if they cant take a joke.

- Tucker MaxThe word your looking for is allowed.

Aww, thanks buddy. That's sweet of you. I appreciate the tip. Now everyone can further recognize your arrogance and constant criticism of other posters.

Aww, thanks buddy. That's sweet of you. I appreciate the tip. Now everyone can further recognize your arrogance and constant criticism of other posters.

If you are gonna personally attack me as being a dick. You dont get to complain when i act like a dick in response.

So either knock off the personal shit or go yourself.

Totally unnecessary dialogue. Enough is enough with this stuff.