GDT: Game 5 ECF, Montreal vs Philadelphia

dlbalr

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this...JM coaches the Habs into the NHL's final three and he's STILL a piece of crap according to the experts around here :rolleyes:

If the habs aren't goint to win the cup, I'd rather they'd gotten swept in the first round and having Martin getting fired rather then having younger players regress further with another year of his crap.

Martin is a lousy couach, the team has been incredibly inconsistent under him and he makes lousy lineup decisions.

Why is Gomez given a free pass for stupid selfish penalties in the first two games that put the habs down in both games?? and there we go 3-1 :angry:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I dont get it...the habs turn Asham into a 50 goal scorer...I am so disappointed.

Well was good while it lasted, ALL 3 GOALS mistakes. defeated teams find a way to lose, Habs just found that way...

Even Halak looks defeated and spent, on that 3rd goal, Halak was on his knees for the whole play that lead to goal....

Well folks, game. set and match..

Was great while it lasted....Habs have nothing left in tank and JM cant adapt.....

Edited by HabsWEST

The refs aren't helping the habs any...so much interference that would called in the regular season...but this is the playoffs and the rules change.

This SHOULD be AKs last game in Montreal...no heart in his chest.

I wouldn't really mind unless we got a "Mike Ribeiro return" for him. Then, I would be ######ing pissed off.

I'd be happier with just the cap room.

How can the habs keep getting out numbered, yet they are out numbered in the offensive end too....what are players doing...it defies logic.

They just look so dead out there..no competing for the puck at all.

Edited by bar

I'd be happier with just the cap room.

How can the habs keep getting out numbered, yet they are out numbered in the offensive end too....what are players doing...it defies logic.

No direction from bench......they look lost

JM I believe has just been outcoached the full series

when a team simply reacts , and reacts. indication of no clear system

effort is there, but sadly not good enough

special teams , pp has to score here....1 goal on pp in series doesnt win you a series

a 4th goal by flyers, will we see Price in?

High stick, glove pass..neither called...wtf refs...the flyers don't need any help. Plek, AK, Halak (if he wants more than 3m) let them all go. This team is good enough for the regular season..but the game changes in the playoffs, the refs regress and do not call interference/hooking.

I want to be happy with what the habs accomplished...I want to..but its so very hard with these last 5 games.

The refs will call them when they want them wont they.

My emotions are getting the better of me here..and I needed to vent, but JM was the big story in series 1 and 2, he is again in 3 for failing to adapt, especially with questionable personel choices (MAB vs OB).

balls Pouliot. I swear he could have scored in that 1 sequence, only thing is Pouliot skated off for a line change. He would have been wide open in the slot with Gomez behing the net with the puck. :rolleyes:

Obviously, we're not getting the tape-to-tape passing and quick, alert puck support we had for most games prior to this series. To me, it is obvious these guys are tired. They just don't have that extra jump they need (although Gill at least seems to be recovering his earlier form). MAB is playing with zero confidence and that is doing huge damage to our PP. And the loss of Markov, especially under those circumstances, is HUGE. Subban staunched the bleeding briefly, but when it comes down to it this team cannot win at this level without Markov. Period.

More fundamentally, our roster just isn't deep enough in top-6 talent. As Wamsley said a while back, what happens when Gio and Cammy stop scoring on every third shot? Well, now we know. The Flyers had a game plan to neutralize these off-the-rush speedsters. And we have no one else to pick up the ball. Watching Darche on the scoring lines, and AK and Pouliot flailing around uselessly out there...you can't have that kind of garbage out there and win.

All the same, this has been a phenomenal playoff. While we all feel sour now, we should keep in mind how splendidly this team performed to get here. But that won't stop the inevitable flood of embittered blame-gaming of course :rolleyes:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Gotta hope the late period surge carries over to the 3rd - if we can pot one within the first 5 minutes, it might not be over yet.

They may be going down, but I'm proud of the fact that at least they're going down fighting, taking the game to the Flyers.

Just a few bounces in the right direction on the crappy Philly ice surface and we could be back in the game.

One other thing...I hate the way, when things go against the Habs, the RDS guys start praising to high heaven the francophone talent on the other team. No doubt it's a consolation prize for the announcers and their audience but I find it positively enervating :angry:

Gotta hope the late period surge carries over to the 3rd - if we can pot one within the first 5 minutes, it might not be over yet.

Exactly!

Keep the faith!! stay tuned for Les Glorieux!! :clap:

The Habs secodnary scorers are aboot to step up. Cammy and Gio cant do it all and the Habs know that.

It wouldnt hurt to put Gill and OB in front of their net Its just way to easy for Lieghton to see over the short Habs forwards shoulders, and alot of the times they are semi bent over in fron of Leighton, he's having no problems seeing the puck.