GDT: Caps @ Habs - March 15th, 2011

bar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was lying on the ground facing one faceoff circle when the puck zoomed around the boards and a moment later Ovechkin sent a rocket at the goal from the opposite face off circle... and Price was right there in his butterfly.

I was just about to say that was the best save of the series.

whew.. wiz is back..

Good news!

17-6 shots on net in the 2nd period for the Caps. We are damn lucky to come out of this period tied at 2 a piece.

Good news!

17-6 shots on net in the 2nd period for the Caps. We are damn lucky to come out of this period tied at 2 a piece.

1 year and 1 goalie change later, rope-a-dope still works against the Capitals. :P

Somehow we outscored the Caps that period when we were outplayed horribly. Price is looking really good after the average start he had.

Yep, done for the game.

Hopefully not any longer. Is there any word on Darche? I heard he was close to returning.

Hopefully not any longer. Is there any word on Darche? I heard he was close to returning.

Darche is skating, so it should be sooner than later. According to the TwitterBug, Halpern was injured celebrating a goal, now there's bad luck.

If Plex and Halpern were not both out for the night, Desharnais game would totally be over.

He kind of earned a benching with that play though.

According to Boone, Pleks gone for the night "lower body"

Question: Given the potential injury situation with Halpern and Pleks, is it possible to call-up Dustin Boyd under that "emergency" rule which exempts him from re-entry waivers?

This season is just not happening. way too many injuries. The good news is this team would have been leading the division if they had better luck healthwise.

Yeah, with these ridiculous injuries I have begun to look at it as a solid step forward for the development of the future core.

Price, Subban, Eller and hopefully Max Pac.

Question: Given the potential injury situation with Halpern and Pleks, is it possible to call-up Dustin Boyd under that "emergency" rule which exempts him from re-entry waivers?

If he was actually healthy, he could. He's been out since the Marlie TV game last Sunday though.

Great game by Price. Good overall effort by the team.

We always get ouplayed and have to scramble and hang on in the 3rd,

unfortunately this time we didn't have a one goal lead ever...

They have a lot of skilled players.. I hope we play Boston first.

I think Engqvist will get the call. Pouliot played a lot of years as a centre too, so Dawes would also be a logical call up.

Depends on who is available/not available between Halpern/Plekanec. Fortier is the #1 C in Hamilton right now (yes, that's sadly not a typo), Palushaj is an option to play in the top-6. As I just noted on Twitter, don't discount Wyman either, quietly having a pretty good season despite basically playing a full time checking role. Dawes is out right now, so unless he's fully healthy, he won't be getting the call.